No announcement yet.

Jonas's Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I see these last couple games in JV is a future star center. I know I'm gonna get beat on but I really like the team as it is. I would like to see pretty much the same team on the court next season, maybe a legit backup C and another backup option on the wings. JV and Ross will become really solid starters alongside this core.

Comment

I start hating his pumpfakes nobody bites on!!!
      he got soooooooo many open looks from free throw line or so and often hesitates to take it!!! drives me crazy!
      No new friends (c)

Comment

MoscowRussia wrote: View Post
        I start hating his pumpfakes nobody bites on!!!
        he got soooooooo many open looks from free throw line or so and often hesitates to take it!!! drives me crazy!
        Nobody bites on? Did you watch the game last night?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          I don't think there is a direct causation between number of touches and improvement in one's offensive skills. The things that JV needs to work on: establishing and holding positiion, timing in the post, trusting his moves (why won't he shoot the baseline turnaround?), etc.; just not clear to me that an extra couple of touches a night are going to improve his game.

Now, should he be getting a few more opportunities? Yeah, cause he scores. Efficiently. It also opens the court up for others. I would say it's less about development and more about winning.

Speaking of correlation/causation stuff, it must be a mere coincidence that since Ross and JV started playing more the Raps started winning....
          ^This

Especially the increased roles of both Ross and Val...and in some cases a decrease in DDs minutes

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Nobody bites on? Did you watch the game last night?
            No i didn't. 'cuz i saw the score here and i don't like watching games when know the outcome.
            But Drummond doesn't coun't 'cuz jump is all he can do.
            No new friends (c)

Comment

Working...
            X