The next 13 games in the month of January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next 13 games in the month of January

The below list highlights the Raptors next 13 games all in the month of January 2014. I argue that this month is BY FAR the most important month of the season (excluding Playoffs...knock on wood) and maybe the most important stretch of games in recent memory. The month of January, excluding the games against Miami and Indy, could be the catalyst to a successful winning season by many accounts. I know Casey has traditionally only looked at 5 game blocks but this upcoming schedule is theirs for the taking as far as I'm concerned. Im not saying they should overlook anyone but other than some tough matchups against Minn, Denver and Dallas Id like to see no more than 2 or 3 losses this month. What do you all think? Go Raps! #RTZ

Detroit

Brooklyn

Milwaukee

Boston

Minnesota

Los Angeles

Charlotte

Dallas

Philadelphia

Los Angeles

Brooklyn

Orlando

Denver

I agree, and all those games are winnable. If the Raps play like they have recently (excluding the Indy game last night), they should be able to pull off alot of W's here. Go Raps!!

Comment

I'm hoping for 10-3 expecting 9-4 and would be disappointed with anything less
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

Dallas and Denver are the two hardest, and we can beat of those teams

Comment

What in the heck does #RTZ stand for? I see that a lot and it doesn't make sense to me. Is it a play on YYZ? Why the R before the T when they are usually called the Toronto Raptors and not the Raptors Toronto? Just curious.

Comment

#RTZ is the official Raptors Twitter thread. its used during all the games and is heavily pushed by the raptors staff. I think it means Raptors Twitter Zone but Im not 100 percent. All I can tell you is that its the official Twitter thread for the Raptors organization.

Comment

raptor_dave<> wrote: View Post
              #RTZ is the official Raptors Twitter thread. its used during all the games and is heavily pushed by the raptors staff. I think it means Raptors Twitter Zone but Im not 100 percent. All I can tell you is that its the official Twitter thread for the Raptors organization.
              Thanks!

Comment

LOL, everybody talks like we're the Thunder now. "wouldn't settle for anything less than 9-4!!" Remember a few weeks ago, when no game was a gimme? I think people need to reign in expectations a tad, we are much better but we're not a juggernaut yet. These are all winnable but I'm happy with 8-5 still, heck even 7-6 is un-raptor-like.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

raptor_dave<> wrote: View Post
                  Detroit

Brooklyn

Milwaukee

@Boston

Minnesota

Los Angeles Lakers

@Charlotte

Dallas

@Philadelphia

Los Angeles Clippers

@Brooklyn

Orlando

@Denver
                  I fixed any confusion about the LA games and marked home/away games.

Obviously the LAC, Dallas and @Denver games are the toughest matchups on paper.

@Charlotte is the 2nd game of a back-to-back and 3rd game in 4 nights, so that could be a tough one.

The @LAC game is same situation as @Charlotte game, as if it wouldn't be a tough enough game already.

Detroit, Brooklyn, Minnesota, @Brooklyn are games that look to be evenly competitive matchups.

The @Philly game could be a trap game, sandwiched between games against Dallas and @LAC.

The Milwaukee and Orlando games could also become trap type games, given the divisional games that surround them and their perceived weak competition.

Milwaukee, @Boston, LAL and Orlando are probably the closest thing to 'should win' games.

I agree with above sentiments that this stretch of games could be crucial in terms of MU's evaluation of the team, as well as determining his direction for both the team overall and particular players (ie: Lowry).
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 8, 2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

This next stretch of games should allow for a good long look at our consistency. If we continually beat the under 500 teams, like were supposed to we will be fine, why? We have a lot of Home games in the second half, after the allstar.

If we can handle home court we will be fine the rest of the season. We just have to beat the teams were supposed to. There getting a little fatigued from the hard play, and you can see that late in the big games. We need a couple more weeks of conditioning playing at this level then we will hit our stride.

I feel confident saying that BKN is going to be the opposition for the division, as I am still not a believer in NYK and believe Melo is moved if they don't go on a win streak. And BKN is only as good as Williams is, and he cant stay healthy, so I believe were good.

Our guys now know there are games we should win, and have to in order to reach the next level. I believe they will sacrifice for the greater good, there very hunger, and determined.

Comment

I think 8 or possibly 9 wins is realistic, and would be presently surprised with anything more

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        I'm hoping for 10-3 expecting 9-4 and would be disappointed with anything less
                        thats what I was thinking exactly.

If we just keep playing the way we have been there is no reason why we wouldnt be able to do that

Comment

and one more thing:

WE SHOULD win 9 or 10 games. We have to start raising the expectations here. We have to start believing that every game is winnable....The team does

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                            and one more thing:

WE SHOULD win 9 or 10 games. We have to start raising the expectations here. We have to start believing that every game is winnable....The team does
                            It's a refreshing position for Raptors fans to be in when winning 8, 9 or even 10 games in a 13-game stretch is a legitimate expectation.

Comment

I don't think we beat charlotte or dallas but every other game we should get, chris paul is injured and the nuggets are struggiling so we should more than likely take those games
                              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Working...
                              X