Andrew Bynum???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    As you should be. He would be solid back-up at centre. Its just a shame that since his coming out that there has been a grey cloud hovering over his professional basketball career.
    True - and if there's a market where that cloud doesn't matter, it's Toronto.

Comment

As you should be. He would be solid back-up at centre. Its just a shame that since his coming out that there has been a grey cloud hovering over his professional basketball career.
      Also, he sucks and is old

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
        I don't think he sucks. Physical and solid defensively. What more do you want? Better then our options now to back-up JV.

Comment

He's old, but so what? He's a good defensive center. For a backup C, that's all you want: five or ten minutes a night of solid D. He'd give us better minutes than, say, Austin Daye.

Comment

I would've entertained trading for him before Tuesday... so we could do exactly what Chicago did.
            Otherwise, what Tracy Morgan said.

Comment

I don't think he sucks. Physical and solid defensively. What more do you want? Better then our options now to back-up JV.
              I'd rather have Hayes

Comment

Don't let Bryan Colangelo hear about this.... He'll email/call and text Ujiri that its a sexy move.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  Don't let Bryan Colangelo hear about this.... He'll email/call and text Ujiri that its a sexy move.
                  Adds us more organic growth potential.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Stein's take on Bynum: http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...-new-team-soon

The inclusion of OKC as a possible suitor, since they have the MLE available and Perkins as their starting C, was interesting. If OKC were to sign him, they'd be into luxury tax territory. I wonder if Toronto could come in with a trade to acquire Perkins and their 2014 1st round pick and/or Lamb, in exchange for a lesser contract?

Salmons would save them a little over $1M this season (pro-rated), but could same them about $8.4M next season, if bought out. There were also rumors about a month ago saying that OKC was looking for a veteran wing, and Salmons has looked a little rejuvenated since the trade to Toronto.

Perkins could be a decent backup/mentor for JV for a season-and-a-half (or less, if traded next season), which could be a worthwhile pickup if it also brings a 1st round pick and/or a prospect like Lamb. The inclusion of Lamb would increase OKC's savings by a little over $2M this season (pro-rated), and would provide further savings the next couple seasons as well.

Just spitballing here...
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 8, 2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                      If Bynum became JV mentor Jonas would probably start selling coke
                      On the bright side, we'd see some wicked new hairstyles from Jonas!
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Stein's take on Bynum: http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...-new-team-soon

Perkins could be a decent backup/mentor for JV for a season-and-a-half (or less, if traded next season), which could be a worthwhile pickup if it also brings a 1st round pick and/or a prospect like Lamb. The inclusion of Lamb would increase OKC's savings by a little over $2M this season (pro-rated), and would provide further savings the next couple seasons as well.

Just spitballing here...
                        So, you are saying Hayes / Hansborough not a good backups / mentors for JV, especially with Magloire helping out on the mentoring side as well?

Comment

Dig the look!

Comment

I'd rather have Hayes
                            Agreed.

Basically, anyone other than Bynum.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                              LOL, I love this response as Andrew Bynum does look like Tracy Morgan!

Comment

Working...
                              X