NBA Players Perception of Toronto & Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate those faces.

Listen man, I was ALL OVER HIM when he was still here...hated hte guys lame complaints, soccer type reaction to contact....all of it. But a decade.... hell after 2 years I was fine. I just think people take it too seriously, especially when he seems like a pretty cool guy. He wasn't "Superstar" wired.

He never was gonna be.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

He does everything well now and he's committed to the team. If he had been in this headspace when he was younger, he would have been an even better basketball player.
      Great comment.

Reminds us of a famous quote:

"Youth is wasted on the young"

GB Shaw.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Vince on the other hand, you know the GREATEST Raptor of all time, the guy that puts TO on the NBA map and the same guy that every Raptors fans likes too boo, continously says nothing but great things about Toronto and Canada since he left. But hey let's continue to boo/hate on the guy because of that one mistake.
        Swagger:

Opposite of swagger:
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
          Honestly, were you part of the process?

Do you know how it all played out, and why there was so much tension?

Carter didnt "lose on purpose". he got hurt, and when he could he sulked and let the stress, lingering injuries and over bad mindset affect his performance. Would we all have like dhim to have been a stronger, mentally tough guy, CLEARLY. But the guy was a young, spoiled kid who made a few mistake. There is no way in hell its ok to "hate" a guy for something like that.

I don't get it, people need to get some perspective.
          Well maybe your "take" of the process is as informed as mine. Neither in the room....or were you? I called him a "douche" for how he conducted himself then. I conceded he may have changed now (normally happens with people as they grow older). What perspective were you looking for Craig...I made some comments on how he affected negatively the state of the franchise which probably impacted on years after with the shitty return we got for arguably one of the top 3-4 players in the league then.

Comment

I hate bosh. What an idiot.

Comment

Thats both unstable and lame.

It was a shitty situation, the franchise was terrible. so he gave up, he also grew up, and last i checked, that was in 2004, as in A FUCKING DECADE AGO.

get over it. The man never did anything to you personally, and by most accounts he is a very nice guy. He wasn't wired to be the Superstar people wanted him to be. Its that simple.

"I will never forgive"
              "I hate"

These are ridiculous and childish sentiments. Its just sports, and he's a real person.

he stole from me. last year the nba fined the spurs actual money for resting it's stars. a decade ago i paid to see vince carter play.
              nothing childish there.

Comment

aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
                wow i cant believe people are good with vince and what he did... that was the weakest, bitch move that any player has ever made since i have been following the nba.

the way he left and the way he acted while playing for us did so much more damage then anything bosh did...i mean, he literally refused to dunk and played poorly on purpose!

i think that you are underestimating how much vince's actions actually created the "perceptions" ...people watching were like, if he wants to walk away from everything he had here then it must be no good up in canada...

he was a franchise superstar with a team that was unquestionably under his thumb, he had major fame, and trips to the playoffs and he forced his way out in the most embarrassing situation anybody had ever seen to go to new jersey of all places ,and promptly went to the finals...reinforcing that leaving was a sure fire way to win and move onwards and upwards on a career arc...use the raps as springboard to show teams stateside that you can be a good piece and then force our hand to send you where you want to go while we take back garbage players for stars and get fleeced...it made us look weak and incompetent...

that was the beginning and the end of players thinking it was cool (no pun intended) to play in canada and created the blue print for bosh's antics and it makes him my most hated raptor...i guess time heals all wounds for some people but i wont forget about wince
                I think the fact that Vince has been gone longer than Bosh makes it easier to forgive him. Losing both of them stung. If only MU had been GM at those two critical times in our franchise history things would have been so much different.

Comment

Hate those faces.

Listen man, I was ALL OVER HIM when he was still here...hated hte guys lame complaints, soccer type reaction to contact....all of it. But a decade.... hell after 2 years I was fine. I just think people take it too seriously, especially when he seems like a pretty cool guy. He wasn't "Superstar" wired.

He never was gonna be.
                  Being "Superstar" wired has nothing to do with outright quitting on your team. These are two 100% separate things. I hate him for the latter; the former I could care less about.

And when I say "hate", it isn't an obsessive or constant thing. It's a thing where anytime I see him play, or hear someone talk about him, I just think "f*** that guy", reflexively. And then I forget about him again. For me, that's the legacy he made for himself.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                    Exactly why he's my most hated Raptor ever!!!! At least VC made the Raptors relevant, and was the leader of all-star votes in the 2000s playing for the Raptors (Bosh was saying that he wasn't getting media attention when he was here), and he never said anything bad about the city or the country. Same w/ TMac, there's even a video where he said that he just wanted to come play for his home town team but he never said anything bad about the city.

Rupaul already has a track record for hating Toronto the place itself, saying it was different, it's not home, cable TV sucks, can't get NBA league pass even if he's earning $10+M/year. He quit on the team while they were in the middle of a playoff chase. He cowardly joins forces w/ Lebron and Wade, wins 2 championships, declares that he's a first ballot HOF, etc.

I don't understand why Raptor fans don't give him the hate that he rightfully deserves. Although, I'd think that it's because he's irrelevant anyways.
                    I have always hated bosh more then VC. Bosh was carried to 2 NBA championship's by lebron and wade! He's also the same person to score 0pts in game 7 of the NBA finals and He also quit on us when I'm sure he could have played through the injury in his last year as a raptor. He just couldn't get it done here in Toronto but by him bashing us to the U.S media is stupid ! Did he forget that we were the ones who drafted him? Who gave him his 1st NBA paycheck? I hate Chris bosh more then I hate any other player by far !!!!!
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      And when I say "hate", it isn't an obsessive or constant thing. It's a thing where anytime I see him play, or hear someone talk about him, I just think "f*** that guy", reflexively. And then I forget about him again. For me, that's the legacy he made for himself.
                      this is my "hate" exactly. not sith lord stuff here. but as far as the sports world goes, i am not indifferent to him. same as we all still remember 72' and "love" that series win.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        this is my "hate" exactly. not sith lord stuff here. but as far as the sports world goes, i am not indifferent to him. same as we all still remember 72' and "love" that series win.
                        Exactly. Imagine being Paul Henderson. Everywhere you go in Canada, everybody loves you. He probably hasn't paid for a meal in 42 years.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

bevis0405 wrote:
                          I have read a lot of articles. However, this article has distinct and very profound points. I hope to visit your other posts
                          coreball
                          you seem bot ish

Comment

I hate bosh. Actually he looks like https://modilimitado.com/dream-league-soccer-2019

Comment

liamsmith wrote:
                              While Toronto may face challenges as a smaller market team, the team's lack of postseason success is likely the main reason for its perception within the NBA community. foodle unlimited
                              We won the championship 4 years ago.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

IsraelCain wrote: View Post
                                I hate bosh. Actually he looks like https://modilimitado.com/dream-league-soccer-2019
                                How could you hate a guy who came up with this 15 years ago.... long before athletes used social media to showcase themselves.
                                (1) Chris W Bosh - Send Me To New Orleans All Star Game 2008 - YouTube

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X