No announcement yet.

Raps Need to Keep 2Pat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Pat is a reliable player off the bench! Can shoot it with range! Plays defense! Has a good basketball IQ! Who wouldn't want him on there team!!!
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

2pat is a nice role player, but Ujiri is obviously thinking much bigger than that. 2pat's qualifying offer alone will be 4.3 mil, and his cap hold is almost 7.8 mil. Even if he is re-signed quickly at lets say 3 mil a year (which would remove that 7.8 mil cap hold), that's still a significant chunk when the Raptors have maybe 18-19 in cap space total, and that includes the money to re-sign Lowry.

So, it's essentially Patterson vs. a good 2014 free agent. I don't think they can have both. Unless they let Lowry go. Or unless Patterson just isn't in much demand and Ujiri manages to get him on the cheap after all the signings (the most he could offer in that case is 2.5 a year, 2 years, room exception). Right now I'd guess that it's not likely, and Lowry stays, while Patterson finds a decent offer somewhere.

But if Ujiri doesn't find that high impact player in 2014 and decides to wait till 2015, then why not.
      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Thu Jan 9, 2014, 04:35 AM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I don't know about that. They're pretty different players...
        Yeah, I wasn't absolutely clear. I didn't mean they had similar games. I meant that they were both solid players that were very low maintenance. Amir is without a doubt a better defender around the basket, but I think Patterson closes out more effectively on perimeter players. He is also quite strong, and as you say, he is a good positional player. If I was a player on the floor with him, I think I would like the fact that I don't have to worry about whether 2Patt is going to do the right thing or not. I could just focus on my own role knowing he was solid. Sets nice screens as well.
        Last edited by Puffer; Thu Jan 9, 2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Love patterson off the bench. Sneaky scorer, good defender/rebounder, and very hard working.

Comment

Patterson's the perfect fit in a three big rotation with JV and Amir. Have loved what the bigs have been providing lately. Much prefer that three big rotation to having to watch Hayes or Hansbrough except for foul trouble situations.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Patterson's the perfect fit in a three big rotation with JV and Amir. Have loved what the bigs have been providing lately. Much prefer that three big rotation to having to watch Hayes or Hansbrough except for foul trouble situations.
              Agreed. Patterson's ascendance has pretty much made Hansbrough redundant.

Personally, I don't think a backup centre is that big a need, with Amir being able to play both the 4 and 5.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Personally, I don't think a backup centre is that big a need, with Amir being able to play both the 4 and 5.
                +1. I love the effort and didn't realize he has a good perimeter shot. I love how he hedges on high screens, really positions well on D and passes well for a big man. A definite keeper.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

i like the different looks the 2 4s give you. the center is a player like gray, to go up against the giants like hibbert etc

Comment

I don't think it's necessarily an ascendance, but rather the play we have seen over the past couple games has been a show of consistency. He showed flashes like this during his time in Houston; I remember even having him on my fantasy team for a couple of weeks, he was doing so good. If he can show that he can bring something like this every game, then I'm very happy with keeping him.

I agree with the Hansbrough point. Somewhat valuable trade asset right now.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Patterson is a very San Antonio-type player. Can play well within a system and doesn't give up anything on offence or defence. Really contributes to team success without putting up gaudy numbers.

Comment

We can all agree that 2Pat is better than Ed Davis right?
                        #BringBackUzoh

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't.

Comment

It's up in the air.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Why you gotta start that? Things have been so quiet on that front.

Comment

yessir

Comment

Working...
                                X