Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only 12 of Raps remaining games are against Teams above .500

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Only 12 of Raps remaining games are against Teams above .500

    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...oronto-raptors
    http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/1
    Call me crazy but has anyone noticed that as of now, only 12 teams have an average of .500 or better. And the only times we play Denver January 31, Portland February 1 then Miami April 2, Houston April 4 and Indiana April 5. That's the only hard part of the schedule. Other games are never back to back against .500 or better team as of now.

    I know that there will be teams turning things around, For instance, Nets are starting to heat up and New York is getting their legs again, however with all the sub .500 as of tonight, do you guys think we have a chance to break the 46 wins plateau we did so very long ago?

    Barring no injuries, and the chemistry getting even better, is this impossible?
    Last edited by Stahmenah_Vybz; Thu Jan 9th, 2014, 12:43 PM.

  • #2
    No. With that schedule they'll lock up 4th early, may even lock up 3rd early and probably aim for 44 or 45 wins.

    Comment


    • #3
      But things are looking good right? With such a favorable schedule, there should be NO TANK talks correct?

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, we'll see about injuries and chemistry. If things stay as they are, the Raps could have a real shot at it, but I don't know how good. They'd have to win 30 of their remaining 48 games to tie the franchise-best 47-win mark. That's a .625 winning %. That's not easy to do, but also not so impossible that it's crazy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          But things are looking good right? With such a favorable schedule, there should be NO TANK talks correct?
          But again, you're assuming that everything stays consistent. A Lowry (or even Amir) injury could be disastrous. And chemistry is always unpredictable.

          Comment


          • #6
            If they hit the injury lottery, I think they can get to 50 wins.

            No shit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Tanking is just not possible at this point imo.

              Like I said in that other thread, we need to win about 27 games to have a "successful" tank. We have 48 games left with 12 being against .500+ teams like this thread says.

              So let's say we trade Lowry right now and lose EVERY SINGLE game remaining against teams above .500.

              17-29.

              Now to only win 27 games. We'd need to go 10-26 against the crappy teams for a total record of 10-38.

              It's just not gonna happen at this point.

              Comment


              • #8
                We have maybe a SLIGHTLY higher chance of winning 50 games imo... But I don't see us doing that at all.

                Let's be generous, say we split the games against +.500 teams.

                23-23.

                36 games left, need to go 27-9 to win 50.

                We would literally need to go on a feeding frenzy against bad teams.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
                  Tanking is just not possible at this point imo.

                  Like I said in that other thread, we need to win about 27 games to have a "successful" tank. We have 48 games left with 12 being against .500+ teams like this thread says.

                  So let's say we trade Lowry right now and lose EVERY SINGLE game remaining against teams above .500.

                  17-29.

                  Now to only win 27 games. We'd need to go 10-26 against the crappy teams for a total record of 10-38.

                  It's just not gonna happen at this point.
                  So Masai's hands are basically tied as for as Tank or rebuild for this season goes!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    48 games left.

                    only need to go 32-16

                    thats not that hard if they were to maintain the effort we are seeing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                      So Masai's hands are basically tied as for as Tank or rebuild for this season goes!
                      yep, they cocked up the tank about 3-4 games before Gay left.

                      UM aint all that great

                      he fucked this all up, now, the HAVE to win

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Craig wrote: View Post
                        48 games left.

                        only need to go 32-16

                        thats not that hard if they were to maintain the effort we are seeing.
                        33-15 actually.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          OP - I'm not sure the Raps, who have only won 50% of their games, stand much of a chance against these fabled 12 teams who can win 500% of their games. That's a tall order.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            S.R. wrote: View Post
                            OP - I'm not sure the Raps, who have only won 50% of their games, stand much of a chance against these fabled 12 teams who can win 500% of their games. That's a tall order.
                            Well, in the last while, we've been playing well. Assuming we keep it up, we can do it I believe.

                            I mean, I trthfully don't care as long as we get a home court advantage and 3rd to be honest with you.

                            Assuming everything stays about the same.

                            If we're 3rd, we get CHI, if we're 4th, we get WAS.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The raptors just gotta take care of bidness !
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X