X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoldenBaller
    replied
    Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
    Tanking is just not possible at this point imo.

Like I said in that other thread, we need to win about 27 games to have a "successful" tank. We have 48 games left with 12 being against .500+ teams like this thread says.

So let's say we trade Lowry right now and lose EVERY SINGLE game remaining against teams above .500.

17-29.

Now to only win 27 games. We'd need to go 10-26 against the crappy teams for a total record of 10-38.

It's just not gonna happen at this point.
    lol we're complaining that the raptors wont be bad enough ahha. Thats new.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Lol .500 is not 500%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    The raptors just gotta take care of bidness !

Leave a comment:

• phiLLy
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    OP - I'm not sure the Raps, who have only won 50% of their games, stand much of a chance against these fabled 12 teams who can win 500% of their games. That's a tall order.
    Well, in the last while, we've been playing well. Assuming we keep it up, we can do it I believe.

I mean, I trthfully don't care as long as we get a home court advantage and 3rd to be honest with you.

Assuming everything stays about the same.

If we're 3rd, we get CHI, if we're 4th, we get WAS.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    OP - I'm not sure the Raps, who have only won 50% of their games, stand much of a chance against these fabled 12 teams who can win 500% of their games. That's a tall order.

Leave a comment:

• Masai Ujiri
    replied
    Craig wrote: View Post
    48 games left.

only need to go 32-16

thats not that hard if they were to maintain the effort we are seeing.
    33-15 actually.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    So Masai's hands are basically tied as for as Tank or rebuild for this season goes!
    yep, they cocked up the tank about 3-4 games before Gay left.

UM aint all that great

he fucked this all up, now, the HAVE to win

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    48 games left.

only need to go 32-16

thats not that hard if they were to maintain the effort we are seeing.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post

Like I said in that other thread, we need to win about 27 games to have a "successful" tank. We have 48 games left with 12 being against .500+ teams like this thread says.

So let's say we trade Lowry right now and lose EVERY SINGLE game remaining against teams above .500.

17-29.

Now to only win 27 games. We'd need to go 10-26 against the crappy teams for a total record of 10-38.

So Masai's hands are basically tied as for as Tank or rebuild for this season goes!

Leave a comment:

• Masai Ujiri
    replied
    We have maybe a SLIGHTLY higher chance of winning 50 games imo... But I don't see us doing that at all.

Let's be generous, say we split the games against +.500 teams.

23-23.

36 games left, need to go 27-9 to win 50.

We would literally need to go on a feeding frenzy against bad teams.

Leave a comment:

• Masai Ujiri
    replied

17-29.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    If they hit the injury lottery, I think they can get to 50 wins.

No shit.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    But things are looking good right? With such a favorable schedule, there should be NO TANK talks correct?
    But again, you're assuming that everything stays consistent. A Lowry (or even Amir) injury could be disastrous. And chemistry is always unpredictable.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Well, we'll see about injuries and chemistry. If things stay as they are, the Raps could have a real shot at it, but I don't know how good. They'd have to win 30 of their remaining 48 games to tie the franchise-best 47-win mark. That's a .625 winning %. That's not easy to do, but also not so impossible that it's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    But things are looking good right? With such a favorable schedule, there should be NO TANK talks correct?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X