Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are currently 430 users browsing this forum. (32 members and 398 guests)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also back to the point of the thread, I just click the little check box to keep me always logged in. That way when I want to post I don't get redirected to a login in page... saves me like 5 seconds every time I want to post!

EDIT: It's also nice to be able to see which members are reading, especially when you've responded to an earlier post of theirs... I encourage all regular readers to be members and log in, even if your posts are few and far between (or non-existent).
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I only come here when I want to masterbate, then I reread the Rudy Gay trade thread and I'm ready. Was great to have new material after using the Barg trade thread for so long.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        Few things....

1. Mango is right. One thing I have grown to enjoy about this forum, morse so than the last I was on, was that guys here DO get it. They do treat it like its 5-10 buddies at a bar, or in a RecRoom drinking beer, watching hoops, and talking shit. Its great. Because when you can say to a guy "thats just fucking awful, youre insane" and have him tell you to go to hell, but have both understand it is what it is, shit talk for fun.....then thats when you get an authentic experience.

Anyone watch "The League"? THAT is what it should be like.

Anyhow. I should be a high level moderator.

I am quite awesome.
        the league is awesome.

and matt52 definitely made this place way more fun/informative/knowledgeable than it probably will be now, unfortunately.

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
          (How do you change my signature anyway? I feel, sheepish with outdated material... :P )
          Click "Settings" at the top of the Page. Then Click "Edit Signature" on the Left Hand Pane.
          Get rid of that "#SupportAndrea" real quick before anyone sees! Haha

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            the league is awesome.

and matt52 definitely made this place way more fun/informative/knowledgeable than it probably will be now, unfortunately.
            You know what..that;s enough about Matt52. He couldn't handle the heat, so he got out of the kitchen. End of story. This entire thread is about how there's 1000's of people that visit here daily, if there's not one single person there that can fill the gap left by the apparently beloved Matt52, I'm sure there's enough people here where it can be a collective effort until everyone's basically forgot all about Matt.

But, first thing's first, you gotta let it go people. It's Doc's site and he booted him because he felt it was necessary. As someone who's received infractions, warnings, suspensions and bans. It does not happen without merit.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
              I'm not going to make this about Matt52 (even though I was/am a big fan of his posts) because the mods have a super hard job that takes a lot of work, and if Matt52 got banned that's on him. His wife is probably thankful (I know my wife would be!)

However, I do disagree with the statement above. Here at RR you see way less shit/trolling (trade forum excepted!) than on other forums which is why I only post/visit this one. I really hope that continues. I actually like the fact that we at least try to be respectful to each other. In order to keep the tone civil I've decided to report posts that make personal attacks to other posters and I would encourage others who feel the same to do so as well. I don't want any posters to be banned, (but fully support the mods for doing so when necessary). I just want to keep it about basketball and not about our egos.

Just my two cents.
              Did Matt52 get banned?

Comment

the league is awesome.

The league is terrible. Its lowest-hanging-fruit type humour. Expletives and being raunchy does not equate to comedy. The last thing I want is to model our interactions to the League..

Matt52 also came off as condescending 75% of the time and was a bit too stubborn in my opinion. I don't think the forum will miss a beat.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  The league is terrible. Its lowest-hanging-fruit type humour. Expletives and being raunchy does not equate to comedy. The last thing I want is to model our interactions to the League..

Matt52 also came off as condescending 75% of the time and was a bit too stubborn in my opinion. I don't think the forum will miss a beat.
                  The league reference had nothing to do in context with matt52. He wasn't like that at all. Want more league-minded folk? That's Craig/p00ka/etc crowd.

Comment

The league reference had nothing to do in context with matt52. He wasn't like that at all. Want more league-minded folk? That's Craig/p00ka/etc crowd.
                    Sorry, I wasnt connecting them either. Craig referenced to making the atmosphere more like the League, and I think thats going towards RealGM-esque conversation.

Matt52 is another issue all together.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't recall him being any more condescending than anyone else on here when there's a heated debate going on.

Anyway that's all I have to say about the situation. Honestly I always found his posts to be incredibly knowledgeable and any point he brought up was generally always backed up with good points and stats. It was posts like his that made me respect this forum more than other places.

NOT saying that no one else here is as prolific or detailed as matt52 can be, but yah. Shitty loss. And sorry that's all I have to say about it.

Comment

if anyones keeping touch with Matt52 (it seems he's got rid of his twitter) tell him i miss his musk and when this all blows over we should get an apartment together
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Being a backdoor cheap shot artist is admirable, compared to whatever this league thing is, I guess?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                            Being a backdoor cheap shot artist is admirable, compared to whatever this league thing is, I guess?
                            Agreed. Lets avoid discussing specific posters, especially in any sort of negative light.

Doc posted an official statement on the obvious issue. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Comment

Not really anything to say about matt asi didn't know him, but i find the league hilarious.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                                What! I LIKE the league. So that was a compliment man!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X