Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Big: Healthy Hansbrough or Patterson?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1st Big: Healthy Hansbrough or Patterson?

    Both guys obviously bring two completely different packages to the table ... if you had to choose one as your 1st Big off the Bench.. who would it be?
    49
    Healthy Hansbrough, Hands Down.
    20.41%
    10
    Definitely Patterson. Definitely.
    77.55%
    38
    ...I want Quincy back!!
    2.04%
    1

  • #2
    went hansbrough because i love him. but in reality it depends on the match up and whether patterson can keep on keeping on like he is now.

    if the player we have seen the past two weeks is 2pat then he is a better player than hansbrough

    Comment


    • #3
      2Pat.

      I like Hansbrough's aggression, and ability to draw fouls, but he's a bit of a chucker.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll go with 2Pat. Much better offense and can spread the floor, but doesn't hurt you defensively. We still need Tyler tho for his energy and rebounding. But I am starting to like what Hayes can do as well, he's a very smart player. I like our big rotation, even if overall they are a little undersized.

        Comment


        • #5
          I voted TH .. he just brings that 'Je ne c'est quio' that this team hasn't had in a very long time.

          But I do really like what PeePee has done.

          Comment


          • #6
            Patterson, but Hansbrough can still get minutes as well instead of Hayes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Generally speaking I would say Patterson because the second unit needs help putting the ball in the hoop. But depending on the match up I can see Hansbrough coming in first if we need some toughness.

              Comment


              • #8
                Right now, Patty cakes has a slight edge although we could be used Hansbrough in the Miami game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  2Pat.

                  The reality is that one of them will have to go before next season. Sigh. Patterson is much more of a polished player obviously but I love the muckraking of TH. If Patterson were to start (possibility if Amir were traded...another big sigh) then Tyler could still come off the bench. MU has much to do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bendit wrote: View Post
                    2Pat.

                    The reality is that one of them will have to go before next season. Sigh. Patterson is much more of a polished player obviously but I love the muckraking of TH. If Patterson were to start (possibility if Amir were traded...another big sigh) then Tyler could still come off the bench. MU has much to do.
                    Do they? Why can't you have both?

                    Edit: I suppose we need to get an actual back up centre...
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Do they? Why can't you have both?

                      Edit: I suppose we need to get an actual back up centre...
                      There is still room for a back-up 7 footer, Hayes will be gone, and guys like Daye, Salmons, Bycks and Stone probably won't be on the roster next year, 5 bigs would be nice.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Do they? Why can't you have both?

                        Edit: I suppose we need to get an actual back up centre...
                        WJF wrote: View Post
                        There is still room for a back-up 7 footer, Hayes will be gone, and guys like Daye, Salmons, Bycks and Stone probably won't be on the roster next year, 5 bigs would be nice.
                        But will some stiff 7 footer give you more than what Hansbrough gives you there as a backup? Hansbrough is undersized, but his level of play is definitely high enough. It's hard to find a good backup C with legit size who can actually do the things you need him to on the basketball court.

                        Also Chuck Hayes salary is fully guaranteed next year, so unless the Raps want to completely buy out his near-$6 million dollar deal, he's here at least one more season.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          But will some stiff 7 footer give you more than what Hansbrough gives you there as a backup? Hansbrough is undersized, but his level of play is definitely high enough. It's hard to find a good backup C with legit size who can actually do the things you need him to on the basketball court.

                          Also Chuck Hayes salary is fully guaranteed next year, so unless the Raps want to completely buy out his near-$6 million dollar deal, he's here at least one more season.
                          Very true. For the moment, I don't see a problem with Hands and 2Pat.

                          Imagine though, for a moment, that the team keeps playing the way they've been playing...keeps beating the teams they should, and playing the best teams hard (and sometimes winning)...and MU keeps this core together (while resigning Lowry). And they continue progressing next year, to the point that they feel like they could, say, make an honest run at a team like Indiana in the playoffs. At that point (specifically with that Pacers team in mind), 2Pat and Hands is a problem.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Very true. For the moment, I don't see a problem with Hands and 2Pat.

                            Imagine though, for a moment, that the team keeps playing the way they've been playing...keeps beating the teams they should, and playing the best teams hard (and sometimes winning)...and MU keeps this core together (while resigning Lowry). And they continue progressing next year, to the point that they feel like they could, say, make an honest run at a team like Indiana in the playoffs. At that point (specifically with that Pacers team in mind), 2Pat and Hands is a problem.
                            I don't know. Mahinmi and Scola don't scare me much against Hansbrough and Pat. I think you're picturing going up against starters (Hibbert and West). And also forgetting that Amir can slide over to C with one of them on the court, and he's a long guy. Remember we're talking backups here. Most teams do not have a big and skilled backup C that would give an undersized guy fits.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              2 Pat, easy.

                              At the moment their impact is similar, but PP clearly has more growth potential and a ceiling that hasn't been reached yet. Tyler is what he is.

                              That said, Tyler's toughness is valuable. He'll still get regular minutes (and deservedly so) and he'll still be helping them win, but he'll be playing behind PatPat.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X