Bryan Colangelo - Updated Legacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I whiffed on trades and free agents but I brought in some decent players. My greatest weakness was never being in sync with the coaches I hired, and assembling a team that suited their strengths. I had a good thing going with Casey but I blew it by panicking and trading for Rudy.
    Ermahgersh! Bryan! Thanks for giving us a bunch of the talent we have, and for extending our coach as well. You are the real brains behind this team, I know you set it up so that Masai would return to take your job. If it wasn't for you, we would have never won the division this year. That Bargnani deal to the Knicks and the Gay trade was really you in the background, atoning for previous "mistakes", wasn't it?

Comment

• Great interview with colangelo on primetime tonight. Humble but honest. Impressed that he's still here in toronto. Maybe we'll do a 2 for 1 and bring both him and Vince back for a mention in the 20th anniversary tour. May have to wait for TL to be gone.

Comment

• I'm gonna continue to defend Colangelo here. I think he's a great GM. He made some mistakes here like every other GM, the biggest one probably was not retaining Bosh. Or not trading him while his value was high.

But if you look at this current team, this is Colangelo's team. He drafted DeMar, JV, Ross, traded for Lowry, and Amir. He's the one that hired Casey. This is his team. Now Masai has done a real GREAT job of adding complimentary players, but i thnk Colangelo deserves credit as well for this team's success.

And yeah i'm surprised that Colangelo still lives in Toronto.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Colangelo deserves credit as well for this team's success.
          but not too much, as much as his guys litter this team, his other guys were holding us down. if he resigns gay to the extension he wants and we lose all last year is lowry still here? does he ship off ross for some home run shot? he was great at evaluating talent and horrible at roster management.

we can neither commend nor reproach his vision of what our team is now because it isn't his anymore. if b.c. were still here the raptors would not be the team we see today. maybe better/maybe worse but not what it is.

when masai came in he said deep and young. that is what this team is now. it is masai's

Comment

• Giving BC credit for this team is like giving the guy who bought the picks and shovel credit for finding the gold. BC had arguably even more expensive tools, and we all know what he was shoveling.....

Comment

• BC was terrible guys. One of the worst GMs in the league over the past decade.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Giving BC credit for this team is like giving the guy who bought the picks and shovel credit for finding the gold. BC had arguably even more expensive tools, and we all know what he was shoveling.....
                BC was commissioned to create a work of art. He rented the studio, bought the clay, and did enough with it to see what would not work. The commissioner came along and was disgusted by what he saw.

Masai was brought in to salvage the project and created a masterpiece.

Comment

• Yeah, let's all remind ourselves that "BC's team" involves Gay and Bargnani in his starting lineup. Let that sink in for a moment.

BC deserves very little credit for the current state of the Raptors.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, let's all remind ourselves that "BC's team" involves Gay and Bargnani in his starting lineup. Let that sink in for a moment.

And Steve Nash.... if BC really got what he wanted.

Comment

Yeah, let's all remind ourselves that "BC's team" involves Gay and Bargnani in his starting lineup. Let that sink in for a moment.

He is responsible for head coach, trainer, and starting 5.

The amount is debatable but an eenie weenie teenie meenie amount of credit is due, in my opinion.

I wonder would he have stuck next to bargnani as long as he did if he wasn't a #1 pick.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        He is responsible for head coach, trainer, and starting 5.

The amount is debatable but an eenie weenie teenie meenie amount of credit is due, in my opinion.

I wonder would he have stuck next to bargnani as long as he did if he wasn't a #1 pick.
                        That's why I said "very little credit"

But any roster with Bargnani on it is capped at 35 wins

Comment

That's why I said "very little credit"

But any roster with Bargnani on it is capped at 35 wins
                          Unless coached by Sam Mitchell!!! Lol

Comment

• Why are we talking about someone who's not related to our organisation anymore? Culture change, remember?

Have I missed something here?

Comment

• sometimes I feel like we are that guy that just can't go out for a single night without bringing up his ex-girlfriend
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                And yeah i'm surprised that Colangelo still lives in Toronto.
                                Really? I guess visa official who gave him a new visa was Leafs fan...

No person deserve Canadian PR for signing Turkoglu to huge 5-year contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X