Game #35: Brooklyn Nets 80 - Toronto Raptors 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Since our game vs the Pacerson Jan 1st, this is Demar's average.

24.1ppg / 5.4 rpg/ 5.0 ast
    All-star numbers
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Derozans percentages are down from earlier in the year, but his rebounding, play-making, and defence are at levels Ive never seen before. Clearly this is leading to wins.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• The case for Miley Night:
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/pla...ort/champsOdds

So apparently we have a better chance than Miami to win the championship. How drunk is Hollinger?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            JV still wasn't half as bad as Amir. Amir put up maybe the biggest stinker I've ever seen from him in a Raps uni.

I think Jonas just gets frustrated too easily. Still learning to keep his emotions in check and keep his head about him.

*On a random related note: Man that's the easiest quickreaction grading ever by the republic. Amir a B and Jonas a B+? It should be like F and D. Or D and C- just because we won...DeMar and Pat should get A+s...I'd give Lowry a B+, and Salmons maybe gets an A as well (had one of his best games). Ross given an A? Ross came out with awful intensity in the 1st half and start of the 2nd....Everyone except Vasquez in the B and A ranges despite the fact that we almost coughed up a game to a tired as fuck and depleted Nets team. Just bad.

**To me the turning point is still the late 3rd when DeMar just decided "we're winning this".
            I lived with Ross getting an A, because one of the dudes that writes these rating recaps always underrates him and criticizes every single mistake he makes even if he plays great in the grand scheme of things, and it pisses me off!
            But yeh, they were overly positive to be honest. Agree with your ratings.
            Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Jan 12, 2014, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/pla...ort/champsOdds

So apparently we have a better chance than Miami to win the championship. How drunk is Hollinger?
              I don't think he comes up with this stuff himself. There's a formula that uses your last ten games or so as variables and calculates stuff lol.
              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                ooo Pierce and Lowry aint buddies....good I hate pierce.

Toronto, served notice tonight.... they endured serious NBA home cooking (for you younger guys..... home cooking is what we call "calls that are just obviously biased), and they instilled their will on the game..... and won. This my friends is impressive.
                I wish i could have heard what the refs where thinking after they called a foul on lowry as time expired and they had to review Pierce elbowing Lowry in the face over and over and over.

"How am i going to explain to the league that getting knocked the fuck out is a foul ?"
                "I need to make my bookie disappear ASAP"
                "Screw stern, he's gone in February, Screw NY revenue i ain't getting a piece of it anyways, i better call this game fairly now"

Its funny how raps started getting calls after that play.

Comment

• Anyone see the non-call on Austin Rivers at the end of the Pelicans-Mavs game? Between that and the Lowry one, I can't decide which is worse.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    Anyone see the non-call on Austin Rivers at the end of the Pelicans-Mavs game? Between that and the Lowry one, I can't decide which is worse.
                    Wow just saw the Rivers one, that's 10x worse. It only takes 1 ref to call that foul on Lowry, but how can 3 refs miss Rivers getting completely raked across the arms?

The Mavs also got away with fouling Love on a game winning shot a couple of weeks ago, couple of lucky breaks for them.

Comment

• That foul call on Lowry was just sad.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                        I wish i could have heard what the refs where thinking after they called a foul on lowry as time expired and they had to review Pierce elbowing Lowry in the face over and over and over.

"How am i going to explain to the league that getting knocked the fuck out is a foul ?"
                        "I need to make my bookie disappear ASAP"
                        "Screw stern, he's gone in February, Screw NY revenue i ain't getting a piece of it anyways, i better call this game fairly now"

Its funny how raps started getting calls after that play.
                        Hopefully DC will send that to the league office.

Comment

• Hahaha Best T-Ross quote I've seen

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            Fools wanted trade him because all he can do is score...lmao

Anyone else noticing that Demar can actually play some defence as well?

Trade him they said....his value won't get higher they said....some basketball "know it alls" don't seem to know much at all.

Demar looks like an all-star to me.
                            Not many people actually said that Demar has to be traded now... I haven't said that he has to be traded, but like other fans I was concerned about his improvement.

I agree, Demar looks like an all-star at this moment, and I'm very happy for him and Toronto. His improvement is way different than it was last season. He took another step, that's why people who said 'he should be traded' are happy. He's also showing that he has leader veins. I love it.

Demar's defence is not better tho. He's just gambling more and playing with much higher passion, because team is winning.

Small tip for you - Nearly every your post is showing your ignorance. This is discussion forum, we discuss about Raptors and the last thing we expect to hear insulting words because someone had different thoughts about Demar than you. Just stop insulting other people, it's sinful.

--------------

So much attention to the Raps last night!!!

Drake night was success. #future #freeagency

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Not many people actually said that Demar has to be traded now... I haven't said that he has to be traded, but like other fans I was concerned about his improvement.

I agree, Demar looks like an all-star at this moment, and I'm very happy for him and Toronto. His improvement is way different than it was last season. He took another step, that's why people who said 'he should be traded' are happy. He's also showing that he has leader veins. I love it.

Demar's defence is not better tho. He's just gambling more and playing with much higher passion, because team is winning.

Small tip for you - Nearly every your post is showing your ignorance. This is discussion forum, we discuss about Raptors and the last thing we expect to hear insulting words because someone had different thoughts about Demar than you. Just stop insulting other people, it's sinful.

--------------

So much attention to the Raps last night!!!

Drake night was success. #future #freeagency
                              yeah thats some succesfull marketing down there. Though I would refuse "Drake" night for the future, as it sounds too Drake focused, not the Raptors. I would actually love to have something like "Demar night" or "Lowry night" with Drake entertaining.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• ^that would be a great marketing scheme. Center it around players, be an added incentive for players to play here because they get their own night

Comment

Working...
                                X