Game #37: Toronto Raptors 83 - Boston Celtics 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Celtics loading up on those picks. Rondo being shopped as well, apparently. Which was fairly predictable I guess.
    Do you have a link to where that was quoted?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      Rondo being shopped as well? He's just been assigned to D League.
      Yes, once healthy and in game shape they will shop him, but it was just a rumour. Ainge is pretty ruthless though, doing a great t@nk job so far, with 232447374646 picks coming up in the next few years.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        Boston also gets 1st and 2nd round pick.
        More likely they just get 2nds. It's only a 1st if Philly makes playoffs this year or next year.

I could see Celts keeping Rondo, as long as Rondo is ok with a re-build

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
          Yes, once healthy and in game shape they will shop him, but it was just a rumour. Ainge is pretty ruthless though, doing a great t@nk job so far, with 232447374646 picks coming up in the next few years.
          Will they? I wouldn't be surprised to see Ainge do something simiar to when he used his picks to trade for established stars. Rondo gives them a legit elite PG, they have a couple of nice young players.... yeah, I can definitely see Ainge trying to repeat history here. Despite Boston's history, it is not a great free agent destination. They need to acquire stars like most teams: trade and draft.

Comment

He could do, not with this years pick though!

@ Mediumcore, you'd need Espn insider to read the article, was just chad ford claiming most GM's around the league think they plan to get him on the court, showcase his health and then offload, but yeh, possibly just bullshit!

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Definitely a win Jordan Crawford and Marshawn Brooks just got trade

https://twitter.com/brettnba/status/423498920598073344

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Doesn't really matter if Crawford was in the lineup tonight.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Damn, Boston is t@nking so hard. If/when they trade Rondo, that's a complete tear-down. Despite being pro-t@nk just a few weeks ago, I don't envy the multiple seasons of miserable basketball that likely lie ahead for Celtics fans. Well, almost. Then I remember they're Boston fans, and I laugh and laugh and laugh.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  If you haven't read the Article from nesn that's linked on the home page read it. Boston sports media is so smug. I can't stand them, pricks.

Also I just got a new fish ****. What fish should I get for my fish ****?
                  Boston Cod

Comment

Is there a chance rondo is making a secret debut today? Crawford got traded and he got recalled from dleague after being assigned today. Something is suspicious with the second part to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                      Is there a chance rondo is making a secret debut today? Crawford got traded and he got recalled from dleague after being assigned today. Something is suspicious with the second part to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                      Even before they sent him down they said he was going down only for a workout with the D-League team, not to play there - they were expected to recall him this afternoon before the trade leaked. He probably won't play tonight - the travel and workout would be enough for a guy coming back from injury.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The line went from -4 Raptors before the trade to -3.5 Raptors????

What the hell does Vegas know that we don't?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post

Perhaps the Raptors feeling overconfident?

Comment

Perhaps they think the trade is a confirmation of Rondo's return? He's obvious an upgrade and his return would give the team and fans a huge emotional lift, but I'd wager he'll be quite rusty if he does return (remember Kobe's return against Toronto).

Comment

Strange.

Maybe it's someway related to Casey's interview video.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Perhaps they think the trade is a confirmation of Rondo's return? He's obvious an upgrade and his return would give the team and fans a huge emotional lift, but I'd wager he'll be quite rusty if he does return (remember Kobe's return against Toronto).
                                He's not returning tonight. Rondo is officially assigned to D-League.

EDIT: lol, he's already recalled
                                Last edited by rocwell; Wed Jan 15, 2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X