Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When It Comes To Lowry, Eating Crow Isn't So Bad After All.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drunkmunky
    replied
    I'm still DQ'ing you Doc because you were on Tank Nation and now your back peddling. #MessiahUjiri

But Yes.
    Lowry is the head of the snake.

DeMar is the heart that beats.
    Last edited by drunkmunky; Tue Jan 14, 2014, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Geez. You need to calm down lol. It's not a serious tweet.
    My bad forgot to add "lol". I wasn't serious either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.

Geez. You need to calm down lol. It's not a serious tweet.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Just a month ago we were criticizing Lowry here for shouting at JV during games. Now it seems like everybody loves Kyle.
    Don't speak for all of us.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Just a month ago we were criticizing Lowry here for shouting at JV during games. Now it seems like everybody loves Kyle.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Kyle Lowry is playing his type of game. This is second time KLow has been able to play his game. First time was the first 3 games of the season last year. We know what happened he got injured and than Calderon happened. He had to adapt his game to being a back PG. When Calderon got traded Rudy had arrived. Once again Kyle had to adapt his game. This is the longest stretch where his been let lose to play to his strength.

I'm not surprised at all.

Agreed. This is why so many of us complained he'd been neutered last year. After losing his job to Jose, he was expected to be a passive, past-first point guard instead who dished to Rudy and Dear for isos.

With Rudy gone there was a serious hole in our scoring and being able to take more shots has upped Lowry's engagement. His FGA's are up (9.6 to 11.8 as starter) and he's taken over as team leader. His game looks pretty much the same as Houston Lowry except with more swing passes, which I suspect is the work of Nick Nurse and his offense.

I do think his attitude is much improved, though. I'm most impressed with his mentorship of Val. He always seems to be teaching him and encouraging him.

Lowry has always been a winner. Now his competitive nature isn't just fiery aggression, it's mature positivity too.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Interesting listen to Bob McCown's convo with Butch Carter regarding Lowry resigning and going after LeBron. It seems like it's not a slam dunk to resign Klow AND Casey (as some feel they're still not getting along). Interesting.
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Tue Jan 14, 2014, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Kyle Lowry is playing his type of game. This is second time KLow has been able to play his game. First time was the first 3 games of the season last year.

Dead wrong.

Not the same at all. Only thing that matches is the numbers. But the way he's doing it now, sorry man not even close.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    lets be honest here if there is a allstar on this team and a leader its casey and MU because the last 3 years and even at the begining of this season no one individually was a leader or allstar. so lets stay away from pointing out anyone but casey and MU. as far as the players go on this team I only see one name and thats raptors. finally a team I can enjoy watching.

Leave a comment:

• torch19
    replied
    I agree with alot of the sentiments here that he's just a more mature player. Maybe it was the Billups 'talk', maybe its his agent telling him 'you don't want that rep' or maybe it's just that he trusts his team alot more now.

I see alot less reckless drives & that's perhaps why he is staying healthy. He's always given 100% effort, he's simply picking his spots alot better now.

I think Kyle is the voice of reason in the locker room. He's gained his coach's trust & his teammates seem to gravitate to his intensity especially on the defensive end.

If it is that maturity that factors in to why he has looked really good, I see no reason why he won't sustain it long term. He genuinely likes to compete & Toronto has given him what he's always wanted. I really only see the Lakers as our competition come free agency.

Leave a comment:

• avocado
    replied
    I said it before, Lowry is the engine that makes this team go and resigning him should be the #1 priority.

The kid is a winner!

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    I always knew that he had it in him. nice to see it all coming together, consistently

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Kyle Lowry is playing his type of game. This is second time KLow has been able to play his game. First time was the first 3 games of the season last year. We know what happened he got injured and than Calderon happened. He had to adapt his game to being a back PG. When Calderon got traded Rudy had arrived. Once again Kyle had to adapt his game. This is the longest stretch where his been let lose to play to his strength.

I'm not surprised at all.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Yes, I agree he is the clear cut leader on this team. I'm not sure if anyone remembers, and I do not have a source, but I recall reading an article last year (maybe offseason) in which Billups told him not to mess up this chance with the Raptors. I'm not sure if that had any impact but it came from Chauncey and maybe he took it to heart. He's definitely more mature and seems ready to be the leader on a good basketball team. Keep it up Lowry!!

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Ok.

I don't agree on:

the refs. He isn't getting T' dup, because you can't hear what he is saying...content counts.
    Flops..... not a chance, he is drawing perfect charges.... its part of the play to go back on contact, its what keeps you from getting killed.... but trust me, he's getting to the spot, and the contact is there. Good charges.

Ego.

Come on man. He's just not a little kid anymore.

AND...I will tell you why he's better, its because they fired Alvin Williams. He was a bad influence....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X