Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butch Carter: Vince should enter Hall as a Raptor

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/

I think it's a no brainer really. Vince best years was with the Raptors. Half Man Half Amazing. It'll be a joke if he goes into the Hall as a New Jersey Nets lol. It's not right.

And Butch is right, the Raptors, the fans and Vince should make up. I would love to see the Raps sign Vince to a 1 year deal here to finish his career. Or sign a 1 day contract and retire as a Raptor.
    Last edited by The Great One; Tue Jan 14, 2014, 05:03 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

I honestly misread that, I thought it read:

Vince should enter HELL as a Raptor

haha

Comment

I agree.

Furthermore, the Raptors should retire VC's jersey because of the immense impact he had on Toronto and on Canada as a whole. The Raptors have never had as much success as they did between '99 and '02, but VC inspired a generation of Canadians to start playing basketball, and really helped make Toronto love the sport.

If we do end up with Wiggins, I can't think of a more suitable veteran mentor than Vince. We should definitely bring him back so that he can end his career in the place it truly started in, and so that he can be that veteran presence for our team going into the future.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Does he deserve to be there at all? Or as a Raptor, those were definitely his best years, but he quit on the team!

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't want that.

Why should I have to 'make up' with a person who screwed me over and never in any way shape or form apologized for it let alone showed any remorse. Sure maybe some good catholics would do that... but I'm not catholic.

Because I can forgive doesn't mean I'm gonna forget.

I think its actually rather degrading to have the first Raptor HoFer (if it even happens ofcourse) or retired jersey (as others have mentioned in the past) be of a guy who didn't want to play here any more, quit on the team, demanded a trade, and generally butt f*cked the organization. If nothing else its just a matter of respect.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Does he deserve to be there at all? Or as a Raptor, those were definitely his best years, but he quit on the team!
            And the team (management) quit on him. Both parties are guilty. Fans just don't tend to hate management for their role in what happened.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              And the team (management) quit on him. Both parties are guilty. Fans just don't tend to hate management for their role in what happened.
              What was managements role?

Paying him? Making him a franchise player? Signing players he wanted?

Remember he wanted Grunwald fired.... and he got his wish.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                What was managements role?

Paying him? Making him a franchise player? Signing players he wanted?

Remember he wanted Grunwald fired.... and he got his wish.
                Management's role is fielding a competitive team around him. They let things fall apart. They decided to rebuild while he was still there and he didn't want to go through a rebuild.

Comment

Management's role is fielding a competitive team around him. They let things fall apart. They decided to rebuild while he was still there and he didn't want to go through a rebuild.
                  Although your right, as a franchise player of a team you disrespect the whole city by not trying anymore as a raptor. He has admitted in a documentary that in his final years in T.O he didn't care and wasn't trying at all. I understand management didn't put the right team around him and he wanted to leave and I don't blame him for leaving but the way he handled the situation was flat out B.S
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

He should enter the hall wearing his North Carolina commencement robe. Sums up everything perfectly IMO.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Wanting to be traded because the team was rebuilding is one thing. Quitting on the team is another. It's actually disappointing to me that the HOF would honor a guy that completely dropped the ball on an organization like VC did.

Comment

Is there a #durant2016 thread yet? Maybe Vince and Drake call him at the same time. I was as upset with him as anyone but is he our Yao Ming to our China?

Comment

Wince a mentor??????????? hahahaha..ha..to Wiggins?....way to jeopardize your assets.

He'll certainly mentor him on the art of whining and squealing.

Comment

If he wants to go in as a Raptor, fine, I think it should be the player's choice. But is he really a HOF player? No first team all-NBA selections (one second-team and one third-team), no deep playoff runs either as a leader or as a roleplayer, and obviously no finals appearances or championships.
                            On the other side, he holds a bunch of franchise records (with a couple non-impressive franchises). Had a lot of all-star appearances. Had a good run of 20ppg seasons (probably his most impressive achievement). Had a brilliant playoff game once. Had one of the best slam-dunk competition performances of all time.

He was a very, very good player in his prime. But I'm really on the fence of whether that's HoF worthy. You take away some very impressive highlights (the slam dunk championship, jumping over a guy in the Olympics, the 50pt playoff game in a series they lost), and it's not a great resume. If they want to factor in popularity, then yes, definitely, he deserves to be in, he was at his peak one of the most exciting and popular players ever. But that's not criteria I'd use.

Comment

this more-than-a-decade-old 'hatred' of VC is just ridiculous. get the fuck over it. the raptors would have absolutely NO solid history, memories, ANYTHING whatsoever without VC.

Comment

Working...
                              X