Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    We'll all those teams had solid front court players too
    First lebron James is lebron James no argument
    Pierce played sf Allen was good while rondo is mad overrated, they also had Garnett
    Parker and ginobli had Duncan but they are still solid as fuck
    Dallas had a way past prime Jason Kidd and terry. Who by the way came off the bench, plus they had disco dirk, the guy bargs was supposto be
    Exactly. I've been saying this for years. When you're loaded up in the backcourt that means less money for front court, and front court is where you win championships.
    your pal,
    ebrian

    Comment


    • #92
      If the Wiz make the conference finals (which I think they will) how does that affect the debate? Easier bracket or better players? Wall and Beal are really good, and they deserve alot of credit, but they would not beat the Bulls without Nene and Gortat playing as well as they did IMO . But I like their team, well balanced scoring and no one player is trying to do too much, and that's key when you consider that a guy like Wall could very well try and take over every game in a playoff series, and maybe Beal too. But the egos seem to be in check, and they are working well together. That type of maturity is nice to see in great young players. The future looks bright for the Wiz, and I gotta say that I like that idea. I kind of get sick of the same teams having success most years, it's nice to see some of the "lesser" teams like the Raps and Wiz make some headway. Let's hope it continues.

      Comment


      • #93
        I guess I should clarify. What I mean is that your strengths need to be in the front court. You need to be dominant in the front court more so than back court. There's obviously nothing wrong with having a strong backcourt.
        your pal,
        ebrian

        Comment


        • #94
          I think over 7 games played today. Lowry and DeRozan are better. I think two years from now, Wall and Beal will eclipse them
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

          Comment


          • #95
            Klow over everything.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

            Comment


            • #96
              does anyone visit knicks forums and troll them for not having Lowry?
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

              Comment


              • #97
                ebrian wrote: View Post
                Exactly. I've been saying this for years. When you're loaded up in the backcourt that means less money for front court, and front court is where you win championships.
                Neither of these guys are getting the max though. We'll have room to sign one more dominant player. Hopefully it becomes JV.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

                -Superjudge, 7/23

                Hope you're wrong.

                Comment


                • #98
                  stooley wrote: View Post
                  Neither of these guys are getting the max though. We'll have room to sign one more dominant player. Hopefully it becomes JV.
                  I think we could add one additional dominant player, as long as we do it next year. Let's say $20 million gets us Lowry, Vasquez, and Patterson. And let's say we're able to move Novak for a 2015 expiring contract. And we fill out the roster with one-year contracts. In the summer of 2015 then, we'd have: DeRozan, Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson for about $30 million, plus three draft picks (first rounder this year, first-rounder next year, early second-rounder this year), for roughly $4 million, plus the options on Ross and JV, for another $8 million. That would put us at about $42 million for 9 players. Assume a salary cap of between $62 and $64 million, and we'd have about $20 million to go after a big free agent (either or UFA or offer-sheet), or the assets and space to go after someone big in a trade. This of course involves not keeping Amir, which I know might not be a popular move, but is probably the best way of upgrading the current core.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    I think the future (if Lowry signs) will include two powerhouse teams in the East, Raptors + Wizards, with two competing backcourts. Raptors the more mature, peaking talent, backcourt; Wizards, the younger faster, still immature, backcourt.

                    The make up of the rest of the team becomes the decisive factor.
                    its funny how KD free agency is linked to both of these two teams.. Wiz fans already preparing to lure the hometown kid... and Raps fans fantasizing KD to be playing for his fav team growing up..

                    i think 2016 will decide which one of these teams will be the powerhouse of the East.

                    Comment


                    • ebrian wrote: View Post
                      Why so much focus on backcourt? If the last 20 years are any indication, great backcourts don't win championships unless one of them is named either Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant.

                      Frontcourt is where it's at.
                      Yea but what's more entertaining to the peasants?

                      Comment


                      • ball4life wrote: View Post
                        its funny how KD free agency is linked to both of these two teams.. Wiz fans already preparing to lure the hometown kid... and Raps fans fantasizing KD to be playing for his fav team growing up..

                        i think 2016 will decide which one of these teams will be the powerhouse of the East.
                        Damn, the Wiz could be our secondary rivals, behind the Nets.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

                        Comment


                        • Hate to burst anyone's bubbles. But i can't see KD going anywhere. He's like a hero there in OKC. I also remember an interview a couple of years ago where KD mentioned he likes to spend the rest of his career in OKC.

                          And really, if you're KD, why would you leave?? OKC is a perennial championship contending team. He loves it there. The people there loves him. And he's going to get paid, he's going to get a good offer from the Thunder for sure once he becomes a FA. So why would you leave?

                          If you want a big name free agent. You target Kevin Love.
                          Last edited by The Great One; Sat May 10, 2014, 07:43 PM.
                          Mamba Mentality

                          Comment


                          • TRex wrote: View Post
                            Hate to burst anyone's bubbles. But i can't see KD going anywhere. He's like a hero there in OKC. I also remember an interview a couple of years ago where KD mentioned he likes to spend the rest of his career in OKC.

                            And really, if you're KD, why would you leave?? OKC is a perennial championship contending team. He loves it there. The people there loves him. And he's going to get paid, he's going to get a good offer from the Thunder for sure once he becomes a FA. So why would you leave?

                            If you want a big name free agent. You target Kevin Love.
                            He'll be a hero wherever he goes. Why would LeBron leave Cleveland? He was a hero there, he was their saviour! I think any player with a brain would refrain from bad mouthing his current employer and alienating the fan base by saying "yeah, OKC is nice, but I don't know if I want to stay here forever." Of course he's going to say he'd like to stay.

                            Also, OKC is a perennial championship contender, but a lot of teams would be too with KD on the roster. And he knows that. Any fan base where he played would love him - hell we love him and all he's done for us so far is say he liked the raps as a kid (and light us up for 51 points). He'll get paid anywhere he goes, and money will be thrown at him by all 30 teams. He'd leave for a better situation, he'd leave because he doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, he'd leave to get to wear a different uniform, hell there are tons of reasons why he'd leave. The OKC ownership is pretty cheap (they weren't willing to pay to keep harden) and it remains to be seen if they'll be able to keep Westbrook, Ibaka and KD. Not saying he's coming to the raptors but if you're him you're seriously listening to every other offer come free agency.
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

                            Comment


                            • But yeah, definitely Kevin Love
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

                              Comment


                              • e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                He'll be a hero wherever he goes. Why would LeBron leave Cleveland? He was a hero there, he was their saviour! I think any player with a brain would refrain from bad mouthing his current employer and alienating the fan base by saying "yeah, OKC is nice, but I don't know if I want to stay here forever." Of course he's going to say he'd like to stay.

                                Also, OKC is a perennial championship contender, but a lot of teams would be too with KD on the roster. And he knows that. Any fan base where he played would love him - hell we love him and all he's done for us so far is say he liked the raps as a kid (and light us up for 51 points). He'll get paid anywhere he goes, and money will be thrown at him by all 30 teams. He'd leave for a better situation, he'd leave because he doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, he'd leave to get to wear a different uniform, hell there are tons of reasons why he'd leave. The OKC ownership is pretty cheap (they weren't willing to pay to keep harden) and it remains to be seen if they'll be able to keep Westbrook, Ibaka and KD. Not saying he's coming to the raptors but if you're him you're seriously listening to every other offer come free agency.
                                *championship contending* offers, which i highly doubt the raptors will be in that position in 2016. hell, it looks like we can't even get vince carter back since he wants to stay with the mavs now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X