Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    so derozan and lowry were just incapable of passing the ball due to the amazing nets defense? come on. what length? plumlee has the same wingspan as friggin 6'7 livingston for gods sake. and are you really saying garnett shut down DD and lowry?

also, nene was suspended from playing in game 4 and the wizards STILL won.
    The bulls rely on Mike Dunleavy to score, lol. They were a vastly overrated team. Booker also played a great game starting for Nene, 9 reb in only 27 minutes and +9 by the end of the game.

Aside of that, Even if Plumlee doesn't have an amazing wingspan, he is still an athletic and agile 7 footer. Say what you want about Garnett he still fouls on basically every play and get away with it.

I'm not saying that it SHUT THEM DOWN, far from there, DD stats are really close to his reg season, but him and Lowry ast% went down and their TV% went up, which was a direct consequence of the smart and well executed game planning of Brooklyn.

Also, it'd not like they played defense that way all season, it started when Lopez went down and Pierce started at the 4, before that they were plain horrible.

Also during the playoffs, their defensive intensity went way up. They edged way harder than they did in the regular season.

Overall, the Nets' system and players made a huge impact on Lowry and Derozan.

Also the stress reliever, Ross, couldn't hit a shot for his life and was left open which add evenr more pressure to the ball handlers

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Every time a big would apply an on-ball screen (aside of Patterson because of his relatively hot-shooting) the handler would be trapped and push back with the length of plumlee/garnett covering, although decisions could have been made quicker, the length really made it hard on our guards, especially Lowry to pass over the top (his assist number was way down playoff (4,5) vs regular season (7,5)). Despite his usage rate going up by 4%
    so derozan and lowry were just incapable of passing the ball due to the amazing nets defense? come on. what length? plumlee has the same wingspan as friggin 6'7 livingston for gods sake. and are you really saying garnett shut down DD and lowry?

also, nene was suspended from playing in game 4 and the wizards STILL won.

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    nene and gortat have definitely been monsters in their playoff run so far.
    but why are people all of a sudden saying lowry and derozan were constantly being double teamed? they weren't.
    Every time a big would apply an on-ball screen (aside of Patterson because of his relatively hot-shooting) the handler would be trapped and push back with the length of plumlee/garnett covering, although decisions could have been made quicker, the length really made it hard on our guards, especially Lowry to pass over the top (his assist number was way down playoff (4,5) vs regular season (7,5)). Despite his usage rate going up by 4%

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Wall and Beal aren't getting double teamed from halfcourt. What costs the raptors that series was much more the lack of constant productivity of the supporting cast than the play of Lowry/DeRozan.

Gortat/Nene are playing great and releasing pressure of their guards.
    nene and gortat have definitely been monsters in their playoff run so far.
    but why are people all of a sudden saying lowry and derozan were constantly being double teamed? they weren't.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Wall and Beal aren't getting double teamed from halfcourt. What costs the raptors that series was much more the lack of constant productivity of the supporting cast than the play of Lowry/DeRozan.

This. Our front court is not comparable to Washington's on the offensive end, at least not in this year's playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    You realize Washington have been playing the 2 top defensive teams in the entire league right? And we played one of the top 10 worst defensive teams in the league. AND lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I have never seen such a thing as Bargs attempting to play passable defense
    Oh I've seen him attempt. Just not succeed.

It's kinda sad because if he weren't so just - I don't even know, Bargnani? - he'd be so good. He's a 7 footer who moves well with nice touch.

He just really doesn't understand basketball.
    Last edited by stooley; Thu May 15, 2014, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Wait wait wait, Bargnani has blocks?
    I have never seen such a thing as Bargs attempting to play passable defense

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Not sure how Beal and Wall are "looking amazing" when Wall bricks everything in sight. 0,34%FG with 0,182 from 3. Pacers are playing off him and since he can't shoot, he attempts crazy passes and his turnovers are going up.

I'd much rather have DeRozan and Lowry.
    You realize Washington have been playing the 2 top defensive teams in the entire league right? And we played one of the top 10 worst defensive teams in the league. AND lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    I thought this was the thread to debate best backcourts in the East? LBJ? Bargnani? Get that garbage outta here!

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    Advanced stats shows he blocks a whooping 2,4% of opponent 2 point fieldgoal try as oppose to the abysmal 1,6% of Lebron.

Leave a comment:

replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Not to mention that Bargnani is younger and has more potential. Besides, he averages more blocks which makes him a better defensive player. I'm surprised someone would choose LeBron.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    this thread has taken a great turn

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Not to mention that Bargnani is younger and has more potential. Besides, he averages more blocks which makes him a better defensive player. I'm surprised someone would choose LeBron.
    And he has a better face for pasta commercials.
    No to mention he makes less money then Lebron and has more years to his contract, which makes it easier to have him as a franchise cornerstone.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    I respectfully disagree, Bargnani has more size and a better shooting touch, which makes him the second coming of Dirk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X