SN: "Vince Carter: The re-imagination of VC"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    I watched this thing tonight (obviously). Without question the thing that had me shaking my head was what Babcock had to say defending his trade...holy Sh*t this guy belongs in a nut house. I really think I could have done a better job than he did.

Anyway, this thing was BS.

VC is not apologizing and is claiming that there's a "WHOLE OTHER STORY" that we haven't heard.

Either tell us the story, apologize, or shut the eff up.
    Yeah Babcock is really a nut job! He still thinks that trade was a good one and Yeah since VC keeps saying there's more why does he not just come out with it and then let everyone decide to forgive him or not
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Man, after all the talk I totally forgot to check when this might be on and program it to my PVR. I guess I'll have to wait til they either post it on the website or through some other method.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

• Anyway you look at it, pretty ballsy move by sportsnet to commit to airing a post game special glorifying a guy on the other team who could have potentially hit the winning shot for the mavs right before it went to air. Could it have gone any better? Crazy comeback win while vc still has a dunk to remind us of the glory days. This has lieweke all over it. Congrats for pulling it off. It could have been a disaster.

Comment

• That really was a poor job by Babcock, and essentially, he totally mismanaged the situation. What he should have done was tell Carter that he wasn't going to get traded until he picked up his play and if he didn't want to do that, the team could have suspended him without pay. I believe Artest did that with the Pacers and Larry Bird basically told him that he wasn't going to force his hand and that he'd have to wait until a right trade came along - which happened after months - I think he was dealt to Sacramento for Stojakovic. However, with that being said, you look at a guy like Babcock, and man, you can tell that that guy was a total puppet. He couldn't do what Bird later did because he didn't have backing of the hierarchy of MLSE. There were guys in the upper management (puckheads) that wanted Carter gone, yesterday. The fans were getting tired of Carter always being hurt, coasting on plays and all the sorts, so who did Babcock get back in those trades? Mourning, Eric Williams and Aaron Williams - all guys known for being hard working, blue collar guys, the anti-Carter if you will. They figured that it would sell in Toronto's hockey market, but really, they were getting 25 cents to the dollar, and that was probably the best deal they had on the table at the time.

Comment

• Babcock is a freaking moron. No wonder he's never gotten another GM gig. Also it goes to show that it wasn't all Carters fault, it was mostly the garbage front office at the time. I never watched Raptor ball that much back then since i was quite young but i do remember how pissed everyone was when he got traded. That was probably the worst front office in league history, so glad that's all in the past now.

Comment

• Unfortunately they didn't even try to seem neutral in the special. They didn't cover VC "openly quitting" on the team either. But it's clear what the agenda is: soften up the fans so that VC can either finish his career in Toronto or be honoured in some way. I just wish they didn't force feed it like that... And if the special was about showing VC had finally matured, why did he bring up a 'certain someone' that sent him a letter 2 years ago, apologizing for how everything went down? (anyone not think Peddie was the one that sent the letter?)

Comment

• ps. Does VC + Drake = Durant? ... things that make you go hmmm...

Comment

• Just wondering, is there any link online in which I can watch it?

Comment

• If VC did what he 'did' at the end of his tenure on 'ANY' team, fans would react the same way. It's hard to forget, even when forgiveness is granted.

Agreed but damn, that was years ago. Certainly enough time has passed to let you see the entire picture of VC's tenure...not just the end part. This guy is easily the best Raptor of all time, he brought the Raptors and the city to the map, all star, olympian, dunk champ etc... I hated the way he left too but that sour taste left me a long time ago and his s*#%ty exit doesn't erase all that he's done

Comment

• KD doing a Q & A and someone asked him this:

VC RT @iGett_Bucketz: @KDTrey5 why did you grow up a raptor fan
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• gametime wrote: View Post
                        ps. Does VC + Drake = Durant? ... things that make you go hmmm...
                        I love how people think where a player will spend the rest of his career and up heave his family, basically change his entire life, will depend on the needling of some pop/rap star.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I love how people think where a player will spend the rest of his career and up heave his family, basically change his entire life, will depend on the needling of some pop/rap star.
                          It depends on how strong that pop/rap star's sales pitch is, right?

I mean, if Durant is already shopping for a new team, why wouldn't he listen to what Drake has to say?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            It doesn't, but it's interesting. Would you rather talk to KD with Drake (his buddy) & possibly VC (his fav player growing up) in the mix, or do you think your odds are just as good without the influence of those two?

BTW: Anyone else hear JYD on 590 today? He said that VC owed the fans an apology, and even quoted some of the things VC said.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              It depends on how strong that pop/rap star's sales pitch is, right?

I mean, if Durant is already shopping for a new team, why wouldn't he listen to what Drake has to say?
                              I think we need to lay this Durant talk to rest until turmoil actually surfaces in OKC. Sure they haven't won anything yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean he wants to leave.. lol. I dunno. Guess we'll see.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• gametime wrote: View Post
                                It doesn't, but it's interesting. Would you rather talk to KD with Drake (his buddy) & possibly VC (his fav player growing up) in the mix, or do you think your odds are just as good without the influence of those two?
                                i think way too much exaggerated importance is put on some select few statements some players have said. wiggins has said he'd like to be drafted by the raptors. KD grew up watching VC. VC is tristan thompsons MJ. blah blah blah. some people actually think wiggins will try to worm his way out kobe-style out of whatever team drafts him in order to play here. a lot of ridiculous and over the top wishes based on very immaterial quotes.

seriously, how would VC convince someone to play here when he himself tried to leave as nastily as he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X