Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking ahead: what position(s) needs upgrading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead: what position(s) needs upgrading?

I know most of us are pretty high on the Starting Lineup of Lowry, Ross, Derozan, Amir and JV ... but in order to go from where we are (successful winning roster) to Title Contender, somethings gotta give, and someones gotta go in order to make the necessary improvements.

So I'm not asking which route do we take in order to make the improvements, I'm asking which Position is primed ready for an Upgrade. I'm going with PF. Sorry Amir.

I really like what Lowry, Ross, Derozan bring to the 1,2,3 Position as a tandem, and feel they can grow into a very solid Trio. And JV is the Boss.

SF. DD gone, Ross to the 2, new guy at the 3.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Amir definitely, he is a 3rd big on a champion.

It'd be WONDERFUL to have a glue guy starter wing like Stephenson or Iguodala and have Ross as a first option off bench, but they don't exactly grow on trees.

We could knock on the door of a title (right there with Indy, OKC) with a lineup Lowry-Derozan-Iguodala-Millsap-Valanciunas. Bench: Vasquez, Ross, Salmons (foul trouble spot duty), 2Pat and Amir.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Top priority should be the forward positions, both PF and SF.

I'd prefer a more traditional post-up starting PF, who will draw double-teams and contribute more consistently offensively.

I would also prefer a true SF to play alongside Ross. DeRozan is not a true SF and I prefer what Ross brings to the SG spot (3&D).

Comment

This is a really good question. Amir adds all the intangibles and is such a strong individual and team defender. If he was replaced with a more potent low post scorer, than that guy has to be able to match Amir's defense or JV has to be a defensive anchor. Plus Amir has a mid range game which helps spread the floor and give space for our guards. A post only type big would potentially clog the paint.

If Ross was replaced or sent to the bench, we still need a wing that can hit the 3 and play strong D. DanH's idea could be a reasonable option, but I really like the Lowry/DD/TRoss combo. If there is a PF we can get that plays strong D, has a post presence, and can hit a distance shot, then I'll take him! Amir would be a good 3rd big, and his minutes would be less so I think that would be good too.

Comment

I was gonna say jv but I hope he turns into something beautiful to watch (hoping fingerscrossed) sorry Amir it's gotta be you...
            we love you tho<3
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              SF. DD gone, Ross to the 2, new guy at the 3.
              Without question.

Comment

Gotta go with Amir. Insert a star PF and this team makes some serious noise

Comment

I say either a SF and make Ross the SG or PF who can hit midrange shots and also post up (Millsap)
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I would like to see a new SF, move Ross to the SG, then possibly have DeMar come off the bench as a sixth man.
                    We could also REALLY use a backup PG and C.
                    OG is our king

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
                      Gotta go with Amir. Insert a star PF and this team makes some serious noise
                      This. Unless Lowry bolts out then you need to upgrade PG position.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

the OP is quite clear in his choice of words -

So I'm not asking which route do we take in order to make the improvements, I'm asking which Position is primed ready for an Upgrade
                        I'm going to say as things stand currently we needs an upgrade at PF with age, ceiling and salary in mind.
                        I'm quite happy with Ross starting at the 3. we have a good second unit in Salmons and P.Pat getting major minutes off the bench.

Comment

derozans spot. good enough to open the game up for ross. not good enough as a primary threat.

i dont know how long amir can go on for though. heavy minutes on his ankles is just getting risky.
                          Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 16, 2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

We are pretty much set at PG and SG with Lowry and DD. Centre is set with BigVal and PF is safe with Amir. The only position is SF and with reliable player there and some internal growth this team can compete for title for many years to come.

Comment

It has to be PF for me. I love Amir and what he brings but he doesn't have the talent for a starting PF on a title contender. When he brings the effort he can be a starting PF on a title contender but when he doesn't bring the effort he is dreadful to watch. A simple Amir for 2Pat switch might be a solid enough upgrade without trading anyone.

Ross is fine at the SF as not every SF is 6'8. He makes up for being smaller easily with his athleticism. Is he the long term solution at the 3? Probably not. He does not have the skill yet to take Derozans spot for me and should slot into the 6th man role if the SF is upgraded.

Comment

Working...
                              X