No announcement yet.

Game #38: Minnesota Timberwolves 89 - Toronto Raptors 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone with any insight on why Matt50 is blocked here... the man brings thoughtful stuff to these forums, i cant imagine him being disrespectful to ppl... just wondering..

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      But Lowry went OFF eh?

Highly efficient, a couple of charges, 6 assists and 5 rebounds, 24 points, and the longest 3 Ive ever seen a player make with both feet set as well as one of the most clutch 3s of our season to seal the game.
      Lowry for all star easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        anyone with any insight on why Matt50 is blocked here... the man brings thoughtful stuff to these forums, i cant imagine him being disrespectful to ppl... just wondering..
        Agreed. He's one of the most knowledgable bball guy here.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So does Rubio actually suck? Seems like hes Calderon with Ginobli passing no shot and even worse defense if thats even possible...

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            anyone with any insight on why Matt50 is blocked here... the man brings thoughtful stuff to these forums, i cant imagine him being disrespectful to ppl... just wondering..

hes blocked? Wow. Thought he just hadn't posted in a while.
            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
              hes blocked? Wow. Thought he just hadn't posted in a while.
              Matt52 is NOT blocked/banned. He is free to return at any time. He's just chosen to take a break from the forums at the moment. We may or may not see him back. Its his call.

Comment

• One last thing. DeRozan struggled so much in this game. He wasn't hitting anything at all. But he hit the most important shot of the game late in the 4th. Looking at the boxscore he also has 5rbs and 5ast. Pretty impressive.

Also, I want Kevin Martin to get a nice fine for that flop in the second quarter. That was disgusting.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  So does Rubio actually suck? Seems like hes Calderon with Ginobli passing no shot and even worse defense if thats even possible...
                  What?
                  No.
                  I think Adelman is a very intelligent coach, but keeping Rubio on the bench is what lost them the game.
                  He was doing a very good job of defending Lowry.

I can't say anything about Lowry that hasn't already been said, so I'm just going to type his name a whole bunch of times. Lowrylowrylowrylowrylowrylowrylowry.

Poor win though, not good coaching on Casey's part.
                  We completely failed to take advantage of the lack of Minny bigs in the early 4th, and DeRozan almost shot us out of the game. Their perimeter defenders were solid and their inside presence was absent - it was an easy fix.

I hope games like this become more and more scarce from DeRozan.
                  He's had a good season and I'll just call it an off night, but his decisions were real bad.
                  More than that, he just seemed a step slow.
                  He shouldn't have forced it.
                  Ross was making much more patient and overall the better presence tonight.

Loved what I saw from JV.
                  The type of performance that won't show up on a stat sheet.
                  He outmuscled Pekovic.
                  I repeat:
                  He outmuscled Pekovic.
                  Fucking fantastic.

Lowry is a franchise player
                  In the right circumstances...

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    One last thing. DeRozan struggled so much in this game. He wasn't hitting anything at all. But he hit the most important shot of the game late in the 4th. Looking at the boxscore he also has 5rbs and 5ast. Pretty impressive.
                    I'm not impressed, just like I wasn't impressed by any of those Gay buzzer beaters.
                    That shot shouldn't have been so important - it was because of all the bricks he shot earlier that it was.

I'm not harshing on DeRozan as a player, but he had a bad night.
                    Let's be real.

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                      Lowry is a franchise player
                      In the right circumstances...
                      Like...

(Scared to say it...)

(Kinda scared to even think it...)

...This one?
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                        I'm not impressed, just like I wasn't impressed by any of those Gay buzzer beaters.
                        That shot shouldn't have been so important - it was because of all the bricks he shot earlier that it was.

I'm not harshing on DeRozan as a player, but he had a bad night.
                        Let's be real.
                        He did, but Brewer was also getting away with murder. There was no screen DeMar curled around that Brewer didn't reach, grab, push/pull on.

Pretty horribly officiated game. Including some dreadful calls that went the Raps way. I just feel like they need a whole new group of officials in this league.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          One last thing. DeRozan struggled so much in this game. He wasn't hitting anything at all. But he hit the most important shot of the game late in the 4th. Looking at the boxscore he also has 5rbs and 5ast. Pretty impressive.

Also, I want Kevin Martin to get a nice fine for that flop in the second quarter. That was disgusting.
                          For *derozan* that's impressive. Tiny lowry somehow pulls down 5 rebounds himself like it's no big deal. Every time derozan fucks something up, there's always the "well at least he did ___ and wasn't a total waste being on the floor" excuse. That shot in the 4th was only "important" because he's missed 71% of all his shots in the first place, leading to the game being closer than it should have been.

Overal I'm glad we got the win. But derozans inconsistent poor play can't be constantly bailed out by his teammates every game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            He did, but Brewer was also getting away with murder. There was no screen DeMar curled around that Brewer didn't reach, grab, push/pull on.

Pretty horribly officiated game. Including some dreadful calls that went the Raps way. I just feel like they need a whole new group of officials in this league.
                            This is true.

And beyond whether the Raps were getting burned by bad calls: I don't think I've ever see so many late whistles as I did tonight, on both sides of the ball. At least one of the refs on this crew was undeniably incompetent.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              This is true.

And beyond whether the Raps were getting burned by bad calls: I don't think I've ever see so many late whistles as I did tonight, on both sides of the ball. At least one of the refs on this crew was undeniably incompetent.
                              Yes, if not all. I can't imagine fans of either team being happy with the way the game was called. It helped make the game uglier than it needed to be. And yeah, as you say, way too many late whistles, some which were just beyond awful.

There were calls made tonight that if I made when I was reffing, I'd be stuck reffing the worst basketball ages and skill levels for weeks, or even maybe months. I'd be instantly downgraded, including for "lateness of calls". There should never be "late" whistles in basketball. You either saw something you wanted to call or you didn't.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                Overal I'm glad we got the win. But derozans inconsistent poor play can't be constantly bailed out by his teammates every game.
                                He bails them out sometimes too.
                                Don't go too far in the other direction.

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                This is true.

Definitely agree with both of you there.
                                I'm not one for excuses, but it was pretty brutal.
                                More than any sport, I feel like officials overstep their bounds and really fuck up the flow in basketball.
                                You could say football is worse, but it doesn't mess with momentum like it does in basketball.
                                I firmly believe the refs handed Brooklyn their run the other day.
                                They took the Raptors right out, and refs have the ability to do that (and do it far too often) in basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X