X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Craig wrote: View Post
    ok im hungover, so my math might suck.... isnt 30-14 like 16 games over .500?

they are already 2 game sover

so thats 18 games over .500

.500 is 41 wins.

41 + 18 = 69

thats 69 wins no?

fuck, I think im drunk
    Craig you should probably delete this post.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    torch19 wrote: View Post
    In order to win 50, we need to go 30 - 14 for the rest of the season; certainly not impossible but it'd be tough for sure.

49 wins -- just because ....
    ok im hungover, so my math might suck.... isnt 30-14 like 16 games over .500?

they are already 2 game sover

so thats 18 games over .500

.500 is 41 wins.

41 + 18 = 69

thats 69 wins no?

fuck, I think im drunk

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Pele wrote: View Post
    Things will be different after the all-star break, particularly as we near the playoffs. I suspect that the Nets, Knicks, Wizards, Bulls, Bucks, Hawks will all pick up their games....and, of course, there's still Indiana and Miami.

The real test is yet ahead.
    agreed. I hope this squad is up to the task too, because shit, they kinda cocked up the ****... so they have no option but to be good now...haha

Leave a comment:

• torch19
    replied
    In order to win 50, we need to go 30 - 14 for the rest of the season; certainly not impossible but it'd be tough for sure.

49 wins -- just because ....

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    The ideal scenario would be for us to win division and Brooklyn finish 7th and knock off Miami in first round.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Masai wins executive of the year.
    Casey wins Coach of the year.

Masai must extend Casey. Is more or less forced to overpay Lowry and can't trade any starters.
    Re-signs 2Pat and picks up the extra year on Salmons contract. Is this what we want? Just asking.
    Sounds about right. And 50 wins is definitely in reach.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Hollinger's playoff odds has been predicting we'll win 50 games for the last week and a half, so I'd definitely say it's possible. Heck, we even "won" 63 games in on of his simulations (he runs 5000 every night). A LOT would have to go right to hit that mark though and I'd be happy with anything 48 and over.
    hollinger also says we currently have a higher chance to make the finals than the heat does.

Leave a comment:

• Pele
    replied
    if toronto can manage to never lose two in a row, and to win 2 for every one loss 8 times, the will finish at 10 games over .500. Seeing as the schedule is a bit less scary (that boston win really would have helped this) its doable.

If they only win at .500 pace they end up with 44 wins.

can they eek out 6-8 more.... maybe so

Thats said, they damn well better, because Brooklyn has awakened and are not going away, period.

Things will be different after the all-star break, particularly as we near the playoffs. I suspect that the Nets, Knicks, Wizards, Bulls, Bucks, Hawks will all pick up their games....and, of course, there's still Indiana and Miami.

The real test is yet ahead.

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    IndyCorleone wrote:
    No way raptors win 50+ this season, as much as I'd love to watch that transpire..it just isn't happening. Last year 7 teams won over 50 games and if the warriors and blazers never hit the 50 win mark, there is NO WAY the raptors can. Maybe next year (lol RIGHT....like every other year).
    I really don't see any correlation to the Warriors w-l record and ours. They both have much harder schedules than we do, and play in a more competitive conference. Them losing games in no way impedes our ability to win games. I can't see us winning 51+ but I think 50 wins as a realistic best scenario is just about right. I really don't know how to predict where they'll end up, but I'm hoping for 48+.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    IndyCorleone wrote:
    if the raptors couldn't beat the celtics after they traded away there "starting point guard" crawford......they ain't hitting no 50. I swear i wanted them to **** so bad which they looked like they were going to do from the on slot, 6-12 okay. I got in the mind frame of being happy, every time they lost but ever since then they started winning and got me excited and emotionally invested in the team again. And what happens.......god damnit, right when you think there gonna roll on a shit team, they fold..........classssiccccc raptors, different players, same old bullshit.
    Look, that game was crap. But even great teams have bad games, even against terrible competition. The same night, the Heat got blown out by Washington. They bounced back against MIN. Let's see what they do next before writing off the season.

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    Hollinger's playoff odds has been predicting we'll win 50 games for the last week and a half, so I'd definitely say it's possible. Heck, we even "won" 63 games in on of his simulations (he runs 5000 every night). A LOT would have to go right to hit that mark though and I'd be happy with anything 48 and over.

Leave a comment:

• salmon
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

Masai must extend Casey. Is more or less forced to overpay Lowry and can't trade any starters.
    Re-signs 2Pat and picks up the extra year on Salmons contract. Is this what we want? Just asking.
    lol, that's quite a mouthful of absolutes to decide upon. Slow down a little, man . Always someone who looks on the bright side, eh.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    if toronto can manage to never lose two in a row, and to win 2 for every one loss 8 times, the will finish at 10 games over .500. Seeing as the schedule is a bit less scary (that boston win really would have helped this) its doable.

If they only win at .500 pace they end up with 44 wins.

can they eek out 6-8 more.... maybe so

Thats said, they damn well better, because Brooklyn has awakened and are not going away, period.
    I still don't buy it. That Hawks win was nothing special considering Horford is out for the year. Plus when D Will comes back they'll have to readjust again

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    JRedmond14 wrote: View Post
    If everything goes perfect 50 wins is achievable. They would be playing some awesome ball too which should be more important

Leave a comment:

• JRedmond14
    replied
    If everything goes perfect 50 wins is achievable. They would be playing some awesome ball too which should be more important

Leave a comment:

Working...
X