Is your Confidence Still Shaken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I was, and still am, a pro-tanker. But I'm also a realist.

This solid run has ruined any chances of a top 5 pick. I believe in the tanking philosophy, but it's too late for the Raptors to employ it this season.
    Not necessarily. It's still as good a time (better even?) to trade assets (Lowry, Amir, DD) than it ever was.

Let's be honest, if the raps traded Lowry or DD the team would sink like an absolute stone. I don't think top 5 pick is entirely out of the realm of possibility, especially if you're trading one or both those guys to an east team.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Not necessarily. It's still as good a time (better even?) to trade assets (Lowry, Amir, DD) than it ever was.

Let's be honest, if the raps traded Lowry or DD the team would sink like an absolute stone. I don't think top 5 pick is entirely out of the realm of possibility, especially if you're trading one or both those guys to an east team.
      True enough, but you have to admit that seems like a much steeper hill to climb compared to 6 weeks ago.

Comment

I'm still a pro-tanker because I don't think that winning now disproves the philosophy. Until we shed some salaries or magically turn into a contender via 'organic growth', I will be a pro-tanker. I truly, truly believe that the way to build a contender is through the draft. I know that there are ways to fail in doing so, but I believe it offers us, the Toronto Raptors, the best chance. I can go down the list of reasons but this isn't a tank thread so I don't want to get into it (not to mention that it's been said over a dozen times in other threads).

Whether it is still a viable option this season, remains to be seen. Chances look grim. But on the other hand I don't see a contender, so at some point we are going to have to tank.

Btw, I don't cheer for losing and boo winning. I cheer for high draft picks.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          yep totally agree. upcoming we have:

dallas - lose
          philly - um, supposedly win
          clippers - hopefully win. back to back game for both teams.
          brooklyn - lose
          orlando - win
          denver - win
          portland - lose
          utah - win
          sacramento - lose. rudy drops 50
          clippers - lose

5-5 run is my prediction.
          Here's mine:

dallas - lose
          philly - win
          clippers - lose
          brooklyn - lose
          orlando - win
          denver - lose
          portland - lose
          utah - win
          sacramento - lose
          clippers - lose

3 - 7
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Quite frankly, these last three losses are just what the doctor ordered for this young group of guys, whio were walking around with just a bit too much swagger.

I think this gets them to put their noses back against the grinding wheel and read the scouting reports, stick to game strategy and maybe get back to their winning ways.
            A wake up call if you will

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              Quite frankly, these last three losses are just what the doctor ordered for this young group of guys, whio were walking around with just a bit too much swagger.

I think this gets them to put their noses back against the grinding wheel and read the scouting reports, stick to game strategy and maybe get back to their winning ways.
              That's what I thought about the first 2 losses, and they came out even worse against the Bobcats.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Halfway through the season and nobody has a clue where this team is headin yet. 3rd place or delayed tank job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X