• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    could be at 23-17 easily right now.

this is exactly like last years playoff push where we started winning a stretch of games and could have made it into 8th seed if we had played that 'easy' stretch beginning with that milwaukee game and actually won shit. but no, instead we go on a losing streak. once again, when things start to matter, the raptors fuck it up.
    What? Reading this board the last couple weeks I thought that they were a guaranteed third seed?

Wait, there is still half a season to go? oh..............

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    The real story here is, the Raps frontcourt got schooled AGAIN by the opposing teams frontcourt. JV is just a stiff defensively, and offensively he's a big time mess. And Amir is just too non chalant offensively and defensively. I'd love to see Hayes and PP start next game.

Also, the Raps need to STOP going to DeRozan late in the game. 2 things always happens when DD gets the ball on an iso late in the game. He either loses the ball(happened twice today) or he takes a bad shot(happened multiple times yesteday). Give the ball to your BEST player. Kyle Lowry.
    You mean the guy who also shot worse than Demar today?? Kyle also missed a free throw that would've tied the game at 93. The problem in my opinion is that DD gets doubled/attention of the defence as per usual and he still thinks he can make that shot. There isn't a clear number 1 option on this team and Demar is the closest, so you kinda have to live with it. Practice makes perfect? lol

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    money making tip. next time raptors play against a statistically bad team, BET AGAINST THE RAPTORS

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    could be at 23-17 easily right now.

this is exactly like last years playoff push where we started winning a stretch of games and could have made it into 8th seed if we had played that 'easy' stretch beginning with that milwaukee game and actually won shit. but no, instead we go on a losing streak. once again, when things start to matter, the raptors fuck it up.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    special1 wrote: View Post
    I get that.....I'm just wondering who's going to state how CRAPPY JV, Amir and TR were today. Just garbage.....I need to go wash my hands....13%!?? How can we win with 3 of our starters putting up these kinds of numbers?
    The lack of frontcourt depth and pathetic rotations (playing 10-12 min stretches) is starting to wear them down, no doubt. Johnson has disappeared for the past 15 games, after a run of 9 great games in a row. They both look gassed and the lack of perimeter defense hasn't helped either, since they're forced to exert so much energy on the defensive side.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    The real story here is, the Raps frontcourt got schooled AGAIN by the opposing teams frontcourt. JV is just a stiff defensively, and offensively he's a big time mess. And Amir is just too non chalant offensively and defensively. I'd love to see Hayes and PP start next game.

Also, the Raps need to STOP going to DeRozan late in the game. 2 things always happens when DD gets the ball on an iso late in the game. He either loses the ball(happened twice today) or he takes a bad shot(happened multiple times yesteday). Give the ball to your BEST player. Kyle Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Perhaps its time to consider putting Patterson in as a starter over Amir?
    I love Amir....but i think its time. We need to try something and maybe it will light a fire under him. Also, if he's injured, he may get a chance to play against lesser talent.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    There's still time to lose enough games/trade players to end up with a top 10 pick and nab Wiggins with his value dropping off a bit, right?

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    That'd be the most likely change I could see coming.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    You're absolutely right that the entire team was awful. Lowry & DeRozan are this team's leaders and primary offensive options, so of course you have to start any breakdown with them.
    I get that.....I'm just wondering who's going to state how CRAPPY JV, Amir and TR were today. Just garbage.....I need to go wash my hands....13%!?? How can we win with 3 of our starters putting up these kinds of numbers?

Leave a comment:

• KazanTheMan
    replied
    The Lack of FTA's and FT'sMade these past few games are atrocious. Lack of attacking the rim, and stupidity at the line. We probably would have won if lowry makes that FT.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    Mods, you might have to unblock the tank word.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Couldn't watch the game as I was stuck in meetings. What is going on with the front line? 5 points combined for Ross/Amir/JV?

And how the hell do you have 95 FGA to 65 and still lose? Even the free throw differential doesn't account for that. Wow.

That's another bad loss. Cracks beginning to appear with this team....

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    So what is up with JV and Amir? honestly??? So useless recently.
    It's their defence and offence that's been awful. JV was horrendous vs Gasol/Jefferson the last 2 games (admittedly 2 of the best post up players, but biting twice on Jefferson pumpfakes? Come on) and even let Biyombo hit a hook shot over him. Amir's just been AWOL since missing that hook shot against the Heat apart from taking a couple of jumpers a game. Hayes/Patterson are just giving 5x the effort.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X