• Show
Clear All

• Landry Fields probably out for a month

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-wrist-surgery

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Wrist-Surgery

Dude just can't catch a break.

Nerve injuries ain't fun.

Comment

It's really a shame.. . we could have really used his IQ on the floor at times. I hope he gets the problem fixed and is able to keep playing in the league.

Comment

Yeah, man I have always hoped that Fields could find his rookie form and become that coveted defensive-minded, 3 point shooting, rebound grabbing, efficient small forward that the raptors have been looking for. That being said, Im glad that T Ross has been getting some run, and hopefully all of his ups and downs soon allow him to find some consistency because he has so much potential.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Just goes to show why you don't give a bunch of money to a player coming off a serious injury. They may (or most likely will) never be the same. Could be the worst contract BC ever signed.

Comment

Best time to do it. He's not playing right now so why not try to make yourself healthy to the point where he could be a factor. Hoping for a full recovery for Landry

Comment

I really hope he can come back full strength with that shot back, even if its like a couple of weeks before the playoffs. It would be a huge boost

Comment

i would kill to see him have one productive season here before he left toronto...can't see him not getting stretched this summer
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  i would kill to see him have one productive season here before he left toronto...can't see him not getting stretched this summer
                  I can....I think Masai would rather have an 8.5 million expiring contract rather than have that split up into 3 adding two more years at nearly 3 million per on the team's cap hit. If they could amnesty him, I'd see that happening, but an expiring contract is more valuable than stretching it out. May have trade value, and if not, will come off the books cleanly after just one more year.

Comment

Keep gettin' them cheques Landry

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I can....I think Masai would rather have an 8.5 million expiring contract rather than have that split up into 3 adding two more years at nearly 3 million per on the team's cap hit. If they could amnesty him, I'd see that happening, but an expiring contract is more valuable than stretching it out. May have trade value, and if not, will come off the books cleanly after just one more year.
                      It's actually a $6.25 million expiring contract as far as the cap is concerned (and the cap hit is basically all that matters). Other than that I agree with you. It seems we're gearing up for 2015-16, so we'd rather have $0 of Landry on the books then as opposed to $2.1 million if we stretched Landry. Also, if we want to trade for a player with a high-ish salary, Landry's contract will be a great trade piece to make the numbers work.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        It's actually a $6.25 million expiring contract as far as the cap is concerned (and the cap hit is basically all that matters). Other than that I agree with you. It seems we're gearing up for 2015-16, so we'd rather have $0 of Landry on the books then as opposed to $2.1 million if we stretched Landry. Also, if we want to trade for a player with a high-ish salary, Landry's contract will be a great trade piece to make the numbers work.
                        Was never sure how that stuff works. In terms of contracts where actual salary is backloaded, but cap hit is spread out. I mean, he still gets paid $8.5 million next year but his cap hit is $6.25. Does the stretch go relative to money owed or cap hit?

Comment

Skip2MyLou wrote: View Post
                          Keep gettin' them cheques Landry
                          Just please don't make a psp commercial.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Was never sure how that stuff works. In terms of contracts where actual salary is backloaded, but cap hit is spread out. I mean, he still gets paid $8.5 million next year but his cap hit is $6.25. Does the stretch go relative to money owed or cap hit?
                            The stretch is relative to cap hit. We still have to pay Landry $8.5M next season whether we stretch him or not, unless we trade him of course.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              The stretch is relative to cap hit. We still have to pay Landry $8.5M next season whether we stretch him or not, unless we trade him of course.
                              No, both are stretched. So we still owe him the 8.5 M, but pay it over 3 years.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X