DJ augustin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ augustin

Now reaching career high fg%, steals, a very respectable .417 3 point shot, and averaging 7.4 assists per 36 min in Chicago.

Totally confused as to what Jonas and Ross could be now if it weren't for a system that seemingly destroys people's careers/confidence/mojo.

Are steady minutes the only thing that's missing to keep some of these players from being useless bench fodder? Statwise it looks like I'd rather have dj augustin as backup than Vasquez.

I'm fine with Vasquez as our backup for the remainder of the season.

But prior to the trade, I was also fine with Augustin as our backup. I couldn't understand how Stone and Buycks were getting minutes ahead of him.

Comment

I was always a believer in Augustin. He just wasn't playing with any sort of confidence

Comment

I wonder if Thibs could have made Araujo a good player. That coach is insane.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          Now reaching career high fg%, steals, a very respectable .417 3 point shot, and averaging 7.4 assists per 36 min in Chicago.

Totally confused as to what Jonas and Ross could be now if it weren't for a system that seemingly destroys people's careers/confidence/mojo.

Are steady minutes the only thing that's missing to keep some of these players from being useless bench fodder? Statwise it looks like I'd rather have dj augustin as backup than Vasquez.
          That seems a little harsh. Just because DJ didn't fit into the system doesn't mean there is something wrong with the system. JV and Ross seem to be developing just fine to me. If the issue was them not receiving as many minutes last season as some feel they should have, then that is not on the system it's on management for not placing that mandate on their coach.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            That seems a little harsh. Just because DJ didn't fit into the system doesn't mean there is something wrong with the system. JV and Ross seem to be developing just fine to me. If the issue was them not receiving as many minutes last season as some feel they should have, then that is not on the system it's on management for not placing that mandate on their coach.
            How do you know he just wasn't a good fit vs not being properly utilized? Is Steve Novaks dipping numbers also an issue of just not fitting?

Comment

I feel Casey has his own set of ideas and beliefs of how the game should be played.

It would appear, just in my opinion, that he is very set in his ways.

It seems like the players need to adapt to him versus he as coach giving a little and working with what he has to get the most of what he has.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Comment

How is his defense? He has limitations in terms of height, weight and length. Maybe DC didnt think he could do it on that side of the ball. Thibs could be "hiding" him well enough with the team he has. The Raps hadnt kicked in on defense yet when he was let go (not sure on timing here). He was a fairly high draft choice and was always a good ball handler I remember. But meh....I am surprised he couldnt be traded though.

Comment

you could make the same case for kendall marshal and earl clark too.
                  what im saying is, is that its a confidence thing.

out of necessity, guys like kendall marshal, earl clark, dj augustin, ryan kelly, jeremy lin were on the court for larger stretches, and it helped their confidence.
                  its not our system or coach thats bad...
                  its just that these guys are not on the court enough to get a feel of the game.

and personally, i'm happy, since we are fortunate to not have to resort to playing unproven 12th men

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    How do you know he just wasn't a good fit vs not being properly utilized? Is Steve Novaks dipping numbers also an issue of just not fitting?
                    Well, if DJ was a good fit he would have produced in the system wouldn't he? There is clearly an emphasis on defense in Casey's system which is why Novak can't get minutes unless the need for offense out weighs the need for defese as in when the team is down and it's nearing the end of the game.

I'm not comparing it to San Antonio's system, but if a player comes into Popovich's system does Pop conform to the player or does the player conform to the system? I just like that we even have a system for a change.

Comment

Well, if DJ was a good fit he would have produced in the system wouldn't he? There is clearly an emphasis on defense in Casey's system which is why Novak can't get minutes unless the need for offense out weighs the need for defese as in when the team is down and it's nearing the end of the game.

I'm not comparing it to San Antonio's system, but if a player comes into Popovich's system does Pop conform to the player or does the player conform to the system? I just like that we even have a system for a change.
                      Or it could've been Augustin suffering from an early season slump, which may not have had anything to do with coaching.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        How is his defense? He has limitations in terms of height, weight and length. Maybe DC didnt think he could do it on that side of the ball. Thibs could be "hiding" him well enough with the team he has. The Raps hadnt kicked in on defense yet when he was let go (not sure on timing here). He was a fairly high draft choice and was always a good ball handler I remember. But meh....I am surprised he couldnt be traded though.
                        Looking at the Bulls roster, who else do you want taking shots other than DJ? I mean, he is the best scoring threat on that team after Boozer isn't he?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Or it could've been Augustin suffering from an early season slump, which may not have had anything to do with coaching.
                          Could have been, but I wouldn't expect the organization to wait on DJ Augustin to come out that slump. Happy for the guy, but happier with Vasquez in his place. Not that I'm a fan of Vasques, but I've already seen more contribution from him as well as potential than I did with DJ.

Comment

I knew he had it in him. Just needed the minutes to get the confidence again. Good for him.

(Feels like we're saying that alot these days... UGH.)

Comment

I'm sure Thibs puts even more emphasis on Defense than Casey does.

Looking at the Bulls roster, who else do you want taking shots other than DJ? I mean, he is the best scoring threat on that team after Boozer isn't he?
                              You wouldn't have known it prior to this stretch of games though.

Comment

Working...
                              X