No announcement yet.

DJ augustin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Thibs' coaching style. He seems like a guy that doesn't take shit from the players and shows them some tough love. As opposed to Casey who treats the players like babies and doesn't hold guys accountable. I honestly believe that Thibs' coaching style is how a team can be successful.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I'm sure Thibs puts even more emphasis on Defense than Casey does.

You wouldn't have known it prior to this stretch of games though.
      Yes, but that team has been desimated by injury and trades. At some point you need some offense to keep the team afloat so DJ being one of the few scoring options likely gets more freedom than he would if their team was healthy and intact. Same as Nate Robinson getting so much freedom on their offense last season. Basically I'm saying Thibs is rolling with DJ because he has to, not because he wants to.

If that is in reference to not knowing that DJ was one of the best scoring option on the current Bulls roster prior to this stretch of games, I disagree. If you followed his career you know he's much more a scoring guard than a passing guard. He's not particularly a good scorer either, but who else is on that team you want taking shots? They basically don't have options.

I'll take Vasques on offense as well as on defense over DJ.
      Last edited by Mediumcore; Thu Jan 23, 2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Well, if DJ was a good fit he would have produced in the system wouldn't he? There is clearly an emphasis on defense in Casey's system which is why Novak can't get minutes unless the need for offense out weighs the need for defese as in when the team is down and it's nearing the end of the game.

I'm not comparing it to San Antonio's system, but if a player comes into Popovich's system does Pop conform to the player or does the player conform to the system? I just like that we even have a system for a change.
        well thats the conundrum. dj only got to play an average of about 8 minutes a game for toronto. vasquez is playing twice that. would we have gotten the same production from DJ that hes achieving in chicago if we had just let him play longer?

probably no real way to answer this but its always something i wondered. i know there are intangibles that happen when players get traded but still.

as for novak, i wasnt referring to his minutes but to his actual production which is lower than it is from his NY days. this could be argued that carmelo and friends command more from the defense so he may have been open more. who knows i guess.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I'm fine with Vasquez as our backup for the remainder of the season.

But prior to the trade, I was also fine with Augustin as our backup. I couldn't understand how Stone and Buycks were getting minutes ahead of him.
          I think its because DJ plays worse defense than a dead cat, so Casey opted for Stone and Buycks. Bulls do a great job of hiding that, he can hit wide open jumpers all night.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            I think its because DJ plays worse defense than a dead cat, so Casey opted for Stone and Buycks. Bulls do a great job of hiding that, he can hit wide open jumpers all night.
            Yet, Stone plays offense like a dead cat, lol.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              isnt that the same issue with vasquez though? lack of defense?

Comment

solution.

stone and augustin both go into a telepod from the fly and emerge AUGUSTONE

Comment

New situation. New player.

Same goes for Augustin and everybody really ...

Just look at San Antonio, totally proves my point

Comment

Lowry should be traded.
                    DC should be let go.
                    Vasquez should start.

Comment

Lmfao

Casey values Defense though so I guess thats more valuable. Than DJ and his streaky shooting and "just go ahead and score cause I cant be bothered to defend" playstyle. I cant believe hes that bad at D coming out of Indiana.... was he not listening to anything Vogel preached?

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                        Lowry should be traded.
                        DC should be let go.
                        Vasquez should start.
                        You have 40 posts. They are all about Lowry and how bad you hate him. You should be let go from RaptorsRepublic. Or traded to realgm.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          You have 40 posts. They are all about Lowry and how bad you hate him. You should be let go from RaptorsRepublic. Or traded to realgm.
                          Masai can probably get a first round pick from that trade
                          #BringBackUzoh

Comment

DJ has shown he can be a starter on a mid-low caliber team but has not shown he can be a good backup pg. It probably comes down to getting in a flow with more minutes and system but you have to look at it from Masai's perspective. Vasquez is a solid backup and there was no point to sacrifice financial flexibility for a 3rd string PG. I love Augustin and I think he definitely should have been the backup before the trade and that comes down to Casey.

Comment

Well Mike D'Antoni makes D-Leaguers look like all stars with his offensive schemes. I think Casey has the reverse affect making players look worse on offensive then they really are.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Augustine was bad in Indiana as well. Does that mean Vogel is a bad coach.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X