X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike, prague
    replied
    New situation. New player.

Same goes for Augustin and everybody really ...

Just look at San Antonio, totally proves my point

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yet, Stone plays offense like a dead cat, lol.
    solution.

stone and augustin both go into a telepod from the fly and emerge AUGUSTONE

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I think its because DJ plays worse defense than a dead cat, so Casey opted for Stone and Buycks. Bulls do a great job of hiding that, he can hit wide open jumpers all night.
    isnt that the same issue with vasquez though? lack of defense?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I think its because DJ plays worse defense than a dead cat, so Casey opted for Stone and Buycks. Bulls do a great job of hiding that, he can hit wide open jumpers all night.
    Yet, Stone plays offense like a dead cat, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    I'm fine with Vasquez as our backup for the remainder of the season.

But prior to the trade, I was also fine with Augustin as our backup. I couldn't understand how Stone and Buycks were getting minutes ahead of him.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Well, if DJ was a good fit he would have produced in the system wouldn't he? There is clearly an emphasis on defense in Casey's system which is why Novak can't get minutes unless the need for offense out weighs the need for defese as in when the team is down and it's nearing the end of the game.

I'm not comparing it to San Antonio's system, but if a player comes into Popovich's system does Pop conform to the player or does the player conform to the system? I just like that we even have a system for a change.
    well thats the conundrum. dj only got to play an average of about 8 minutes a game for toronto. vasquez is playing twice that. would we have gotten the same production from DJ that hes achieving in chicago if we had just let him play longer?

probably no real way to answer this but its always something i wondered. i know there are intangibles that happen when players get traded but still.

as for novak, i wasnt referring to his minutes but to his actual production which is lower than it is from his NY days. this could be argued that carmelo and friends command more from the defense so he may have been open more. who knows i guess.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'm sure Thibs puts even more emphasis on Defense than Casey does.

You wouldn't have known it prior to this stretch of games though.
    Yes, but that team has been desimated by injury and trades. At some point you need some offense to keep the team afloat so DJ being one of the few scoring options likely gets more freedom than he would if their team was healthy and intact. Same as Nate Robinson getting so much freedom on their offense last season. Basically I'm saying Thibs is rolling with DJ because he has to, not because he wants to.

If that is in reference to not knowing that DJ was one of the best scoring option on the current Bulls roster prior to this stretch of games, I disagree. If you followed his career you know he's much more a scoring guard than a passing guard. He's not particularly a good scorer either, but who else is on that team you want taking shots? They basically don't have options.

I'll take Vasques on offense as well as on defense over DJ.
    Last edited by Mediumcore; Thu Jan 23, 2014, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KazanTheMan
    replied
    I love Thibs' coaching style. He seems like a guy that doesn't take shit from the players and shows them some tough love. As opposed to Casey who treats the players like babies and doesn't hold guys accountable. I honestly believe that Thibs' coaching style is how a team can be successful.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Well, if DJ was a good fit he would have produced in the system wouldn't he? There is clearly an emphasis on defense in Casey's system which is why Novak can't get minutes unless the need for offense out weighs the need for defese as in when the team is down and it's nearing the end of the game.
    I'm sure Thibs puts even more emphasis on Defense than Casey does.

Looking at the Bulls roster, who else do you want taking shots other than DJ? I mean, he is the best scoring threat on that team after Boozer isn't he?
    You wouldn't have known it prior to this stretch of games though.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I knew he had it in him. Just needed the minutes to get the confidence again. Good for him.

(Feels like we're saying that alot these days... UGH.)

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Or it could've been Augustin suffering from an early season slump, which may not have had anything to do with coaching.
    Could have been, but I wouldn't expect the organization to wait on DJ Augustin to come out that slump. Happy for the guy, but happier with Vasquez in his place. Not that I'm a fan of Vasques, but I've already seen more contribution from him as well as potential than I did with DJ.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    How is his defense? He has limitations in terms of height, weight and length. Maybe DC didnt think he could do it on that side of the ball. Thibs could be "hiding" him well enough with the team he has. The Raps hadnt kicked in on defense yet when he was let go (not sure on timing here). He was a fairly high draft choice and was always a good ball handler I remember. But meh....I am surprised he couldnt be traded though.
    Looking at the Bulls roster, who else do you want taking shots other than DJ? I mean, he is the best scoring threat on that team after Boozer isn't he?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

I'm not comparing it to San Antonio's system, but if a player comes into Popovich's system does Pop conform to the player or does the player conform to the system? I just like that we even have a system for a change.
    Or it could've been Augustin suffering from an early season slump, which may not have had anything to do with coaching.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    How do you know he just wasn't a good fit vs not being properly utilized? Is Steve Novaks dipping numbers also an issue of just not fitting?

Leave a comment:

• 2kfeen
    replied
    you could make the same case for kendall marshal and earl clark too.
    what im saying is, is that its a confidence thing.

out of necessity, guys like kendall marshal, earl clark, dj augustin, ryan kelly, jeremy lin were on the court for larger stretches, and it helped their confidence.
    its not our system or coach thats bad...
    its just that these guys are not on the court enough to get a feel of the game.

and personally, i'm happy, since we are fortunate to not have to resort to playing unproven 12th men

Leave a comment:

Working...
X