Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit
    replied
    How is his defense? He has limitations in terms of height, weight and length. Maybe DC didnt think he could do it on that side of the ball. Thibs could be "hiding" him well enough with the team he has. The Raps hadnt kicked in on defense yet when he was let go (not sure on timing here). He was a fairly high draft choice and was always a good ball handler I remember. But meh....I am surprised he couldnt be traded though.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I feel Casey has his own set of ideas and beliefs of how the game should be played.

It would appear, just in my opinion, that he is very set in his ways.

It seems like the players need to adapt to him versus he as coach giving a little and working with what he has to get the most of what he has.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    That seems a little harsh. Just because DJ didn't fit into the system doesn't mean there is something wrong with the system. JV and Ross seem to be developing just fine to me. If the issue was them not receiving as many minutes last season as some feel they should have, then that is not on the system it's on management for not placing that mandate on their coach.
    How do you know he just wasn't a good fit vs not being properly utilized? Is Steve Novaks dipping numbers also an issue of just not fitting?

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Now reaching career high fg%, steals, a very respectable .417 3 point shot, and averaging 7.4 assists per 36 min in Chicago.

Totally confused as to what Jonas and Ross could be now if it weren't for a system that seemingly destroys people's careers/confidence/mojo.

Are steady minutes the only thing that's missing to keep some of these players from being useless bench fodder? Statwise it looks like I'd rather have dj augustin as backup than Vasquez.
    That seems a little harsh. Just because DJ didn't fit into the system doesn't mean there is something wrong with the system. JV and Ross seem to be developing just fine to me. If the issue was them not receiving as many minutes last season as some feel they should have, then that is not on the system it's on management for not placing that mandate on their coach.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    I wonder if Thibs could have made Araujo a good player. That coach is insane.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    I was always a believer in Augustin. He just wasn't playing with any sort of confidence

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I'm fine with Vasquez as our backup for the remainder of the season.

But prior to the trade, I was also fine with Augustin as our backup. I couldn't understand how Stone and Buycks were getting minutes ahead of him.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    started a topic DJ augustin

DJ augustin

Now reaching career high fg%, steals, a very respectable .417 3 point shot, and averaging 7.4 assists per 36 min in Chicago.

Totally confused as to what Jonas and Ross could be now if it weren't for a system that seemingly destroys people's careers/confidence/mojo.

Are steady minutes the only thing that's missing to keep some of these players from being useless bench fodder? Statwise it looks like I'd rather have dj augustin as backup than Vasquez.
Working...
X