Raptors 1st-half MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 1st-half MVP

With the Raptors technically kicking-off the 2nd half of the 2013-14 season tonight (game #42), I'm curious who the Republic feels is the team's 1st half MVP.

To each their own, but for me, an MVP is the player most responsible for the results and whose absence would hurt the most.

Vote for your 1st half Raptors MVP and let everyone know why you feel that way!
    DeRozan
    15.79%
    Johnson
    0.00%
    Lowry
    78.95%
    Ross
    0.00%
    Valanciunas
    2.63%
    Other
    2.63%

The way I look at it is, would the Raptors crash and burn if you took that guy out of the lineup?

My thinking: yes if you removed Lowry, not so much if you removed deMar. As well as DD has been playing, Lowry's the engine pulling this train, in my opinion.

Comment

KYLE LOWRY is the MVP!
      If you took Klow out of this team we would be bottom feeders in the historically bad eastern conference
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Kyle Lowry. Most of the time, whenever Vasquez comes in the game and Kyle sits... yikes.

But I would like to award the anti-MVP award to Rudy Gay. His absence is most responsible for the results, and he's the player that would hurt the team the most.
        OG is our king

Comment

Lowry no question, but DeRozan follows closely.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Kyle.

Comment

For me it's none of the above, they've all contributed as a team. and as you can see we have no superstar here, so we have to play as a team.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                For me it's none of the above, they've all contributed as a team. and as you can see we have no superstar here, so we have to play as a team.
                even if you have a superstar, game doesn't change - you have to play as a team.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                  Kyle Lowry. Most of the time, whenever Vasquez comes in the game and Kyle sits... yikes.

But I would like to award the anti-MVP award to Rudy Gay. His absence is most responsible for the results, and he's the player that would hurt the team the most.
                  I initially thought about adding DC and MU to the poll, but was worried the votes for MU would dwarf everyone else, so I kept it true to the league award by going players-only.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                    This is a great point actually.

It's like looking back on the Detroit Pistons Championship team (I know, I know, the comparison has been beaten to death, bear with me..). Even if Chauncey did get the Finals MVP, it could have easily gone to Rasheed or Rip as well.
                    The Point Guard is generally seen as the most important position on the floor, as it is an extension of the Coach, so by this definition I will give it to Kyle, but I think Demar has been Superb, and is really #1b in that Match. So I guess I'm saying, if its allowed, its a co-MVP situation ... is that a cop-out?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I initially thought about adding DC and MU to the poll, but was worried the votes for MU would dwarf everyone else, so I kept it true to the league award by going players-only.
                      Interesting how many people's point of view on Dwane Casey has changed drastically since this team has started winning, for the most part, lots of love with lingering skepticism and still some non-supporters.

I for one, have changed my tune about him. Before, I wanted him gone, seeing that nothing was going the way DC had envisioned. Then the Ujiri miracle happens, and everyone starts to suddenly listen.

Winning really does change everything, doesn't it folks?
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        even if you have a superstar, game doesn't change - you have to play as a team.
                        Well obviously I didn't mean it literally. I mean it in a way that all players contribute close to the same level because at this point there isn't a huge talent gap between the players on the starting lineup - compared to other teams.

To be honest I still don't fully understand how they've been winning games, well really no one expected this

Comment

I still want a better coach. Even if we got Kevin Durant it wouldn't matter because our coach is B-Tier at best. Casey has been thoroughly out coached many times this season by Rookie head coaches, that no foul disgrace and hope for a rebound decision in that one game cemented his legacy and he has already started to revert to some of his goofy lineups. If Thibs was here we would be in second place right now with or without Rudy Gay.

Comment

Is it a dick move to say N/A? Before the Gay trade it was probably Amir, as he was the only one to be consistent over that stretch. Post-Gay it's definitely Lowry, but this isn't the time to give him an accolade. In my mind he hasn't fully erased the first month and a half of terrible terrible raptors basketball.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Kyyyyylllllleeeeeee Freakin' Lowwwwryyyy
                              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Working...
                              X