X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Yeah, because saying you're happy that one of our guys is injured is the epitome of class. Pathetic.
    Agreed. I don't think he's a Raptors fan. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• BigCamB
    replied
    Rather disappointing to see people happy DeMar is injured. As much as I love TRoss, it really isn't going to benefit him that much short or long term to play a couple of games without DeMar, and it certainly won't help the raptors who need all the help they can get right now. Ross doesn't need to be rushed into being a do everything player, although I was quite impressed with his handles last night, he had the ball a lot and wasn't shaky at all. He and DeRozan complement each other quite well offensively to be honest, I'm just happy he's finally getting the chance to play consistent minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    akashsingh wrote: View Post
    omg are you saying you're happy derozan is injured? I would never say that in a post out of fear of being called a dick again, but that's exactly how I feel.
    Yeah, because saying you're happy that one of our guys is injured is the epitome of class. Pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DeMar gets no love absolutely no love. Lets see how Ross does as the key wing guy in these upcoming games. I find it funny how people seem to think DeMar does nothing for the team.
    Funny, I think there are people that automatically react when they think someone goes over the top, in almost any realm. when some Raptors fan gets all gaga about DD, there are RR citizens who think it is their duty to try and draw them back to what they believe is reality. then particular fans of DD feel there has been an attack on him and flood in to defend his honour, and the "realists" feel duty bound to point out the reasons why DD shouldn't be assumed to walk on water, and it spirals out of control.

It seems like everyone can agree DD works hard at his game, has improved every year since day one, cares about the team and his craft, likes and respects Toronto and the Raptors and their fans and is a good guy in the locker room. Also everyone agrees he isn't yet Wadesque in his capabilities, at least yet, is approaching or maybe is all-star quality, and can have a great game.

I think everyone also recognizes that he can be inefficient in his shooting, needs a better 3pt shot and is at his best when he mixes up his game by attacking the rim, getting to the line and is hitting the mid-range shots in the flow of the game. He needs to work on his defense, but has improved, and is willing to share the ball, but sometimes gets zoned in on the need for the team to score and takes too much on his own shoulders at times.

When you look at the number of shots he makes, he is in the upper echelon, but when you look at his makes, he is a rank or two down, and that can be problematical. His rebounding at assist rates are up.

Personally I think he will continue to improve in the areas where he needs improvement. Some others think not so much, and would advocate trading him now for value, while the perception around the league is that he could get even better.

I was willing to see the Raps trade Ross last year for a rusty nail. He has shown me to be completely wrong, in the way his game has come together. The fact that DD hasn't been traded makes me think that MU sees a valuable (and improving) asset in DeMar DeRozan. I am not going to pretend that I have better insight into DD's potential than MU.

Therefore I am content to see how things go. And to all RR members that see no value in DD...are you smarter than Masai Ujiri?

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    DeMar gets no love absolutely no love. Lets see how Ross does as the key wing guy in these upcoming games. I find it funny how people seem to think DeMar does nothing for the team.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Ya, I admit I'm guilty for not being more strict when it came to reinforcing the rules here. I wasn't trying to centre you out in the "care to elaborate" comment. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything as of late.
    Ahh no worries.

It has been pretty good lately, thanks for that sticky

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Try checking out the "Poll: Everything DeMar DeRozan" thread...that devolved pretty badly around page 130-end.

It's more of a general vibe than anything else. I get people are fans of DeMar and will defend him, but sometimes they get overzealous and compare him to Dwayne Wade and when you try and say that isn't even in a realm of possibility...they start with the personal attacks/general bad attitude.

However since the Rules and Regs was posted it has been much better around here.
    Ya, I admit I'm guilty for not being more strict when it came to reinforcing the rules here. I wasn't trying to centre you out in the "care to elaborate" comment. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything as of late.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Try checking out the "Poll: Everything DeMar DeRozan" thread...that devolved pretty badly around page 130-end.

It's more of a general vibe than anything else. I get people are fans of DeMar and will defend him, but sometimes they get overzealous and compare him to Dwayne Wade and when you try and say that isn't even in a realm of possibility...they start with the personal attacks/general bad attitude.

However since the Rules and Regs was posted it has been much better around here.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    i haven't singled out anyone/attacked them, in my mind i've done nothing wrong. Was i wrong? Did i make up this stuff about people coming out and saying how awesome derozan is after he has one great game, despite several stinkers he has in between. I'm glad you didn't personally attack me, because i don't feel i deserve it at all, and i would probably be angry and attack you back.

(grin)

Leave a comment:

• rapfan10
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    BC with another steal. One in 2009 and one in 2012. Team should be built around DD/ROSS from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forgot that jv wasn't bad either:-P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    As a poster who completely agrees with this, beware to be beat on senselessly for having a differing opinion. Just a heads up.
    Care to elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    im shocked at how many anti tankers are so excited about a loss and simultaneously think ross is suddenly a star... good lord, get a grip
    O_o I haven't read this... Where has anyone said Ross was a star??

I'm not being a dick imo, It just disgusts me to see people overhype derozan, he just isn't very good, and extremely one dimensional in my opinion. He doesn't score efficiently but the one night he does all of you come onto the message boards to talk about how great he is, I disagree.
    As a poster who completely agrees with this, beware to be beat on senselessly for having a differing opinion. Just a heads up.

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I hope casey doesn't change the offense now that Ross had a break out game. Cause Ross still has no handles and is not a good passer
    Actually Ross has better handles than DD, and his passing is actually pretty good. He is a decent playmaker in the PnR, has been for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• akashsingh
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    The published rules of this forum quite rightfully prevent me from commencing a personal attack, despite your disrespectful and condescending tone. I personally want to thank the moderators for stickying those rules. they make me a better person.

On a sidenote, you too could achieve this higher state of being by reading and following those suggestions/rules. Personal improvement is a goal to strive for.
    I haven't singled out anyone/attacked them, in my mind I've done nothing wrong. Was I wrong? Did I make up this stuff about people coming out and saying how awesome derozan is after he has one great game, despite several stinkers he has in between. I'm glad you didn't personally attack me, because I don't feel I deserve it at all, and I would probably be angry and attack you back.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    while all the derozan apologists flap their gums about how much work derozan does in the summer, and gush about his work ethic, t ross goes and drops an efficient fifty, something derozan will never do even once. It's called talent people.
    The published rules of this forum quite rightfully prevent me from commencing a personal attack, despite your disrespectful and condescending tone. I personally want to thank the moderators for stickying those rules. they make me a better person.

On a sidenote, you too could achieve this higher state of being by reading and following those suggestions/rules. Personal improvement is a goal to strive for.
    Last edited by Puffer; Sun Jan 26, 2014, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsForever
    replied
    Hopefully derozan's ankle will be healthy enough to play by early February. Looking at the schedule in February, other than being away vs portland and the clips, most of the games should be winnable for the raps. But it's hard to say that as we just blew 3 games that should've easily been ours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X