X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Durant next...?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Stephen A. Smith recently said that there's a "mystery third team" in the Lebron sweepstakes this summer besides Miami and Cleveland, and he stated it wasn't the Lakers or Knicks.

Let the speculation begin!

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        Stephen A. Smith recently said that there's a "mystery third team" in the Lebron sweepstakes this summer besides Miami and Cleveland, and he stated it wasn't the Lakers or Knicks.

Lebron on this team would go on at least a 3 championship run..
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

just finished reading the whole article and encourage everyone to do it if you havent yet. A lot of great stuff in there.

Comment

Oh.

So NOW you all get it.

NOW you all see why some of us don't think its out of the question AT ALL that the Raps make a run at Lebron.

Trust me man, this TL guy, he's a boss. He isn't here to take a paycheque. He see's an opportunity to do something thought impossible, and he is already showing people that it isn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pry'd Zizou out of retirement to play a couple years for TFC too. He thinks big like that.

I used to say Kobe, and this was 5 years back.... Kobe could sign here, instead of LA, and it would become his opportunity to do something exceptional. Only guys like him, and Lebron, Shaq, only these guys are immune to the whole marketing and sponsor thing, because they are world wide icons and will get theirs no matter if its, LA, Miami, Toronto or Yellowknife. What motivates these guys, is finding new ways to appease their ego, and new challenges for them to conquer. its how they are wired.

Having seen and heard what you have over the last month or so, can you now see how a guy Like TL, with Drake, and a full support blessing from Canada's top TWO media conglomerates can make shit happen, and that you can conceivably see a guy like Lebron James say, "you know what, I sign in Toronto, with that young and upcoming team, and we are gonna win a title, they got a tonne of draft picks, and a core, and I can do what NOBODY else could, I could eclipse Vinsanity, I could make Toronto a winner, an dwin the first ever championship off american soil".

Thats a real thing guys. Its a reality, guys think about that stuff. Now, think about this, they tell him he can have Vince as a back up guy, a vet, for the run..... now he's winning it all, in Vince's house, with Vince there to watch. THAT is a whol eother wrinkle and level of psychology.

I love this stuff..... this is my soap opera...hahahah

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

The same Stephen A Smith who claimed it was fait accompli last time around for LeBron to Knicks?

Comment

SAS gotta say something hahahaha

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Anyone who works in the recruiting industry is well aware of the term "headhunting'. I have to say I wish I had some the stars like Leiweke has available when I'm trying to find Senior Siebel Systems Admininstrators or DLPS C++ Software Developers in the nation's capital. Would make my job soooo much easier.

Regardless, here is a behind the scenes look at how he and the MLSE enticed Jermain Defoe to come overseas and play with the FC this season. Can wait to see if Leiweke pulls out similar moves with potential FA's for the Raptors this summer and years to come.

Source - Click here
                  The Raptors have a five star executive at the top and clearly well connected. When the Raptors have space to be FA players again you know it's going to end a lot better than a Hedon't or a no name foreign import(sorry Jorge, I still love ya).

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    The Raptors have a five star executive at the top and clearly well connected. When the Raptors have space to be FA players again you know it's going to end a lot better than a Hedon't or a no name foreign import(sorry Jorge, I still love ya).

Agreed times 100

Comment

I still can't believe he had the pull to get LBJ in on a MLSE pitch. Wow.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        Oh.

So NOW you all get it.

NOW you all see why some of us don't think its out of the question AT ALL that the Raps make a run at Lebron.

Trust me man, this TL guy, he's a boss. He isn't here to take a paycheque. He see's an opportunity to do something thought impossible, and he is already showing people that it isn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pry'd Zizou out of retirement to play a couple years for TFC too. He thinks big like that.

I used to say Kobe, and this was 5 years back.... Kobe could sign here, instead of LA, and it would become his opportunity to do something exceptional. Only guys like him, and Lebron, Shaq, only these guys are immune to the whole marketing and sponsor thing, because they are world wide icons and will get theirs no matter if its, LA, Miami, Toronto or Yellowknife. What motivates these guys, is finding new ways to appease their ego, and new challenges for them to conquer. its how they are wired.

Having seen and heard what you have over the last month or so, can you now see how a guy Like TL, with Drake, and a full support blessing from Canada's top TWO media conglomerates can make shit happen, and that you can conceivably see a guy like Lebron James say, "you know what, I sign in Toronto, with that young and upcoming team, and we are gonna win a title, they got a tonne of draft picks, and a core, and I can do what NOBODY else could, I could eclipse Vinsanity, I could make Toronto a winner, an dwin the first ever championship off american soil".

Thats a real thing guys. Its a reality, guys think about that stuff. Now, think about this, they tell him he can have Vince as a back up guy, a vet, for the run..... now he's winning it all, in Vince's house, with Vince there to watch. THAT is a whol eother wrinkle and level of psychology.

I'd like to think I got it. I recall making posts about this type of situation when he was hired.

I just didn't realize the magnitude of TL's pull.

That is just crazy connections.

Wow.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Lebron on this team would go on at least a 3 championship run..
                          ...or 4, 5, 6................
                          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                            Oh.

So NOW you all get it.

If LeBron cared about challenge he wouldn't have spit in the face of his home state in order to stack the deck in Miami.

I think he's most likely to either stay in Miami or go back to Cleveland and redeem himself to his people.

Toronto needs more than a slick pitch to the best player on earth. Both Miami and Cleveland have something priceless that Toronto does not(past glories and home sentiments).

Comment

i can honestly say I was impressed by TL when he arrived. His almost constant roasting of BC made me grin. I did not fully understand what he is capable of though, until I read that article. Even if we dont get Lebron or Melo (don't want him) or whoever, at least we know we have ownership in place truly willing to spend and execs with the intelligence (masai) and willpower/connections (TL) to make some things happen. Between the BMO Field expansion, the ALL STAR game in 2016, you gotta know some dollars will be spent getting the raptors to an elite level by then
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If we can't/don't resign Casey it is not out of the question that TL could land a JVG/SVG/Sloan/Jackson type coach
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X