51!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Any conversation regarding which performance was more impressive between DeRozan's 40 or Ross' 51?
    51>40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People regret too much about Barnes these days. But who will be the best player... Barnes Ross or Drummond

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
        People regret too much about Barnes these days. But who will be the best player... Barnes Ross or Drummond

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
        I think Barnes and Ross is closer than Drummond Ross right now.

(BTW, can we imagine GS with Drummond right now, geeze, in a year or two he'll be exactly what they need)
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
          51>40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          68% from the feild > 55% from the feild

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Fun topic re nicknames...

But those 'cool' nicknames (that aren't just player initials) usually capture how that player is different from everyone else. Big Shot Rob hit a bunch of big shots. Mailman is always healthy, always consistent, always running that pick and roll, always delivers. Durantula, Slim Reaper is slim and has long arms. Jet is quick + the Jet celebration. Mad Max is completely unpredictable; he might score 40 and play awesome defense, or he might score 0, or he might punch someone.

Now 3-Ross -- plenty of great shooters in the NBA. T Rex.. he doesn't even look like a dinosaur. If anything, you might call him Babe Ross, since he has this happy baby face. Terrence Boss... that's like calling him Airness or the King; it's cool after a 51 point game but it will never stick.

I don't know what makes Ross stand out compared to all other players. Maybe nothing yet. Maybe he needs to make a name for himself in the playoffs and get a bit more charisma.

Btw, Lowry seems much more ready for a good nickname. He's playing like a star, he's got character and charisma, and he's a powerful little guy that stands out. It's a shame Mighty Mouse is taken.
            No love for Bingo? Sure, it's not the most intimidating thing but did you all watch the clip of the LA announcers calling the game? It was perfect. And that may be the game of his career. VC was a prolific score but never did it again. Bingo....it's all about winning. In different ways. Three in the corner? Bingo! Put back slam? Bingo! Steal with active hands? Bingo! Drive through traffic for an and one? Bingo! T31? ....you get the point. He can do it all (caveat....this is based on one game). Maybe I've just played too much bingo. But, if you haven't checked out the clip from the LA broadcast, it's worth doing.

Comment

76.3 TS% > 71.0 TS%
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                76.3 TS% > 71.0 TS%

Comment

Pretty sure nobodies laughing now at my proclamation that Ross will be better than Derozan. Picture Demar putting up 51 in his second season, impossible, even if those 3's were 2's he would've had 41. Derozan finally got past his career high of 38, I could totally see Ross averaging 18-20 in a couple years with better rebounding, floor spacing, and ball handles in traffic or coming down the lane. (And trust, I saw that BEFORE the 51 point game not reactionary)

I think Derozan will eventually go the way of the dinosaur (pardon the pun) and be sailed out of town, hopefully this offseason (net a first rounder for next year forsure)
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Pretty sure nobodies laughing now at my proclamation that Ross will be better than Derozan. Picture Demar putting up 51 in his second season, impossible, even if those 3's were 2's he would've had 41. Derozan finally got past his career high of 38, I could totally see Ross averaging 18-20 in a couple years with better rebounding, floor spacing, and ball handles in traffic or coming down the lane. (And trust, I saw that BEFORE the 51 point game not reactionary)

I think Derozan will eventually go the way of the dinosaur (pardon the pun) and be sailed out of town, hopefully this offseason (net a first rounder for next year forsure)
                    Well I certainly didn't imagine Ross having a game like he did last night. Hopefully he can still do some stuff with those handles he showed.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        No love for Bingo? Sure, it's not the most intimidating thing but did you all watch the clip of the LA announcers calling the game? It was perfect. And that may be the game of his career. VC was a prolific score but never did it again. Bingo....it's all about winning. In different ways. Three in the corner? Bingo! Put back slam? Bingo! Steal with active hands? Bingo! Drive through traffic for an and one? Bingo! T31? ....you get the point. He can do it all (caveat....this is based on one game). Maybe I've just played too much bingo. But, if you haven't checked out the clip from the LA broadcast, it's worth doing.
                        Yeah, Bingo is pretty cool but it's the Clippers announcers thing. They do it all the time, they use it like 10 times in every Clippers broadcast. If this was the Raptors broadcast crew, it could stick. It's like "Yeah baby!" and Reggie Miller were almost synonymous at one point. But i doubt Jack or Matt Devlin would copy the Clippers crew schtick.

Comment

Rossome/Rawesome?

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            So what?? Can't come up with a nickname for a guy?
                            yes, yes you can! hahaha

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                              It's still automatic. Drummond is a borderline all star and he's 20 years old. Ross had a 51 point game, but so did Tony Delk, and Jennings scored 55. It will take much more than one game for us to legitimately raise that question and not sound like utter homers. It will take a lot of development and consistency by Ross.
                              For me, there's now a split second of thought involved, whereas before the Gay trade there was absolutely none. Yes, Delk and Jennings scored 50+; but those are the bottom of the barrel of that club. Most players who get there a multiple All-Stars. Can we project anything about Ross' future from this one game? Of course not. But it does raise his theoretical ceiling significantly higher than it was before Saturday.

But, yes, right now, you take Drummond 100 times out of 100.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Acie Earl dropped 40 and 12.

He did not....get paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X