No announcement yet.

51!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just 'The Boss' (but NOT 'Ross the Boss')
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      PG and Ross are completely different imo. Their bodies and playing styles are nothing alike. According to DX, George has four inches of wingspan and 6.5 inches of standing reach on Ross, not to mention at least fifteen and probably closer to 20 lbs of weight.
      I see Ross as more of a young Ray Allen. Very similar.

And I am not sure who mentioned it, but what impressed me was how he seemed to realized he had an awesome first step and could get to the paint any time he wanted. THAT was what impressed me, that and how he Cooley knocked down that 3 at the end of the third from 28 feet.

Cold.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        But, yes, right now, you take Drummond 100 times out of 100.
        Actually I'm not really sold on Drummond yet....I haven't been since the start of this season.

He will be a guy who will always put up very good numbers...but the success of his team will largely be determined by who he plays with, and isn't likely to make the players around him better, more like the other way around.

I have always thought Ross was a keeper, but had no idea he would ever go above a low 30 game...ever.lol

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Pretty sure nobodies laughing now at my proclamation that Ross will be better than Derozan. Picture Demar putting up 51 in his second season, impossible, even if those 3's were 2's he would've had 41. Derozan finally got past his career high of 38, I could totally see Ross averaging 18-20 in a couple years with better rebounding, floor spacing, and ball handles in traffic or coming down the lane. (And trust, I saw that BEFORE the 51 point game not reactionary)

I think Derozan will eventually go the way of the dinosaur (pardon the pun) and be sailed out of town, hopefully this offseason (net a first rounder for next year forsure)
          In defence of DD, he pretty much averages Ross's previous career high.... so you know.... theres that.

But yeah, Ross has tools man.... he could be good

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            THAT was what impressed me, that and how he Cooley knocked down that 3 at the end of the third from 28 feet.

Cold.
            Hence Rorschack.

Cold. Uncompromising.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Actually I'm not really sold on Drummond yet....I haven't been since the start of this season.

He will be a guy who will always put up very good numbers...but the success of his team will largely be determined by who he plays with, and isn't likely to make the players around him better, more like the other way around.

I have always thought Ross was a keeper, but had no idea he would ever go above a low 30 game...ever.lol
              They aren't just very good; they're insane. In his second year.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Nice

Comment

Ross is one of those guys though, he has every tool in the book, and if he put it together, he'd be killer.... isn't that what we all hoped for from him?

If he even gains a little from that game, if something turns on in his brain, and he gets to Derozan type numbers.... fuck, what a huge gain for the Birds....

And I gotta say, being a shooter back when I played, I LOVE players with smooth strokes...and when he gets his feet set.... beauty.

Comment

I was actually pissed at the Clippers for not letting him hit a field goal to make him the franchise leader in single points in a game!!! It was already garbage time and they won already. That's why I would never root for Flop City. They're the Miami Heat of the west, except the Heat won 2 championships.

And they should have given him the ball with the game on the line as he was hot, but Lowry wanted to steal the spotlight and it cost us the game.

Comment

Nicknames have to be either short, fun to say, and/or have a link to the players real name, you basically need 2 of the 3 to have a successful nickname that can be said on air. That's why I don't even see the Slim Reaper nickname really sticking except for rare occasions, people will still just call him KD. So good luck with Rorschack but I don't see it catching on anywhere, it's too clunky of a name and has no relevance to Ross' real name.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Nicknames have to be either short, fun to say, and/or have a link to the players real name, you basically need 2 of the 3 to have a successful nickname that can be said on air. That's why I don't even see the Slim Reaper nickname really sticking except for rare occasions, people will still just call him KD. So good luck with Rorschack but I don't see it catching on anywhere, it's too clunky of a name and has no relevance to Ross' real name.
                        I also recently read an article (last weak on ESPN I believe) where Durant stated his preference for the "KD" nickname.

Also, with regards to Rorschack, there would also be the slight issue of trademark infringement. I suppose Shaq and now Howard have gone by Superman, but that one still seems a little forced. If you need to explain a nickname, it's not a good nickname.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                          I was actually pissed at the Clippers for not letting him hit a field goal to make him the franchise leader in single points in a game!!! It was already garbage time and they won already. That's why I would never root for Flop City. They're the Miami Heat of the west, except the Heat won 2 championships.

And they should have given him the ball with the game on the line as he was hot, but Lowry wanted to steal the spotlight and it cost us the game.
                          1) Why should they let him get a freebie? He's your competition, and you're going to just get a milestone against you? That's not much of a heart of a champion there.

2) The Clippers threw Barnes at Ross in the 4th to shut him down and the drive wasn't getting Ross the points, the shots were. If you're going to be angry be angry at the team not running off-the-ball screens for Ross so that he could try and get open for 3's at the end. They tried to play like the first 3 quarters where Clippers were coming off of Ross to give help D but in the later part of the 4th the Clippers just kept a guy on Ross and Raptors never had a backup plan. Also I don't think we ever got a stop when we needed it.

Comment

meh, clips hit everything down the stretch...fair loss

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              1) Why should they let him get a freebie? He's your competition, and you're going to just get a milestone against you? That's not much of a heart of a champion there.

2) The Clippers threw Barnes at Ross in the 4th to shut him down and the drive wasn't getting Ross the points, the shots were. If you're going to be angry be angry at the team not running off-the-ball screens for Ross so that he could try and get open for 3's at the end. They tried to play like the first 3 quarters where Clippers were coming off of Ross to give help D but in the later part of the 4th the Clippers just kept a guy on Ross and Raptors never had a backup plan. Also I don't think we ever got a stop when we needed it.
                              Heart of a champion? How is that displaying having a heart of a champion? I wasn't hoping for them to be like Sam Mitchell telling Mo Pete and Jalen not to double team Kobe so he could score 81. And they already have a track record for being "poor sports" in the end games, last year the incident between Butler and Jonas.

I do agree with you that they had no plan B when Ross was guarded. Derozan's absence is a key factor to that too. Best game I've seen from Blake though, I'd give them that.

Comment

T-Ross gives the 51-Point ball to his mom!

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2014/01...to-his-mother/

Comment

Working...
                                X