No announcement yet.

Marc Stein thinks Lowry is still being moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I don't agree with that at all. Look beyond the stats.

I also disagree with article saying that Lin is popular in Toronto. Is he? I mean Linsanity was big everywhere but you haven't heard a peep about him around here since. I haven't anyway. I guess he's not unpopular so you could say it's true. Not like he wouldn't be welcomed, but a worthy replacement for trading away the heart of the team? No one will buy that.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      What a terribly written article leading up to a terrible trade.

Masai is not going to trade Lowry just to trade him, and he is definitely not going to trade him for a terrible contract and a 2nd rounder.
      lol, yeah, seems something written by one of the many naive fans who propose terribly one sided trades for their team. Besides, the Lowry/Mchale ship sailed long ago. Would never happen.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        Two players:

Player 1, per game numbers: 32.3 minutes, .441 FG%, .340 3P%, .789 FT%, 3.4 rebounds, 6.8 assists, 1.8 steals, 15.5 points.
        Player 2, per game numbers: 36.3 minutes, .433 FG%, .400 3P%, .789 FT%, 4.3 rebounds, 7.5 assists, 1.6 steals, 16.4 points.

Player 2 is Kyle Lowry this year (in, what needs to be said over and over again, is a contract year). Player 1 is Jeremy Lin last year, before James Harden decided that Lin was taking up all his points (Lin`s numbers are down a bit this year, but part of that has to be the fact that he and Harden have definite problems and Harden is the star). And remember that Lin is two years younger than Lowry is, and if you compare their seasons by age (e.g. compare Lin at 25 to Lowry at 25) their statlines are practically identical.
        I disagree so, so much.
        You are not taking any intangibles into account at all, nor the on-court product.
        Completely sterile analysis.

Now, Lowry is still a mystery at this point, admittedly.
        It's a contract year, and the sample size is relatively small.

But post-Gay, Lowry has consistently been the best player of all 10 on the floor.
        Lin is a meteoric downgrade.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Yeah I don't agree with that at all. Look beyond the stats.

I also disagree with article saying that Lin is popular in Toronto. Is he? I mean Linsanity was big everywhere but you haven't heard a peep about him around here since. I haven't anyway. I guess he's not unpopular so you could say it's true. Not like he wouldn't be welcomed, but a worthy replacement for trading away the heart of the team? No one will buy that.
          He may be popular with Chinese Canadians..

Comment

• When the trade deadline looms and guys jobs are on the line someone will pull a Bryan Colangelo and mortgage the future to try and save their own hide.

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
              I disagree so, so much.
              You are not taking any intangibles into account at all, nor the on-court product.

But post-Gay, Lowry has consistently been the best player of all 10 on the floor.
              100% agree with this. Watching Lin play is painful - he doesn't run an offence well outside of his single strength, the pick and roll, he leaves his feet to pass waaay too often, he can't defend to save his life, and he's certainly not the leader that Lowry is. The guy is a backup point guard in this league, plain and simple.

At some point The Raptors are going to have to start keeping some of their free agents if they want to be taken seriously, and I'd much rather take that gamble with Lowry than trade him for what would essentially be a poor, overpriced replacement and some second round picks.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                When the trade deadline looms and guys jobs are on the line someone will pull a Bryan Colangelo and mortgage the future to try and save their own hide.
                And Masai Ujiri will act like the serpent he is and gobble up their assets
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MU is just going to be patient, and wait for GMs to make mistakes and he'll capitalize.

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                    I disagree so, so much.

Two words for Lowry: dee fence

Two more words for Lin: con tract

Two final words in conclusion: Lin ugh
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I don't thinks M Steins report is based on any source. He's simply speculating and it's valid. It's only logical to think that Ujiri will try to sign Lowry to an extension before the trade deadline and consider trading him if he (Lowry) is unwilling.

However, I think it would take an irresistible offer to force Ujiri to do that. Considering the way things are going, it's very possible that he will keep the team undisturbed going into the play-offs.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• PER Last yr/this yr
                        Lin 14.9/14.5
                        Lowry 17.5/20.0

WS/48 Last yr/this yr
                        Lin .099/.101
                        Lowry .133/.209

NBA Leaders Assist/Turnover ratio
                        #4 Lowry 3.41
                        #11 Vasquez 2.82
                        #71 DeRozan 1.64
                        #75 Lin 1.56
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          PER Last yr/this yr
                          Lin 14.9/14.5
                          Lowry 17.5/20.0

WS/48 Last yr/this yr
                          Lin .099/.101
                          Lowry .133/.209

#4 Lowry 3.41
                          #11 Vasquez 2.82
                          #71 DeRozan 1.64
                          #75 Lin 1.56
                          Thank you for bringing reality into this conversation.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            PER Last yr/this yr
                            Lin 14.9/14.5
                            Lowry 17.5/20.0

WS/48 Last yr/this yr
                            Lin .099/.101
                            Lowry .133/.209

#4 Lowry 3.41
                            #11 Vasquez 2.82
                            #71 DeRozan 1.64
                            #75 Lin 1.56
                            Yeah It's not even close, don't even have to look at the numbers just observe the overall impact on the game in practically all areas and it's pretty obvious Lowry is easily better. I like Jeremy however and hope he has a long and successful career. Not in Toronto though!
                            Last edited by BigCamB; Wed Jan 29, 2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Actually it's the first time I've seen anything public mentioned by him where he has indicated he would like to come back. Even if it's the smart thing to say.. Bosh was never that clear.
                              Well, the quote was secondhand from the Nets commentators, so who knows exactly how he qualified the statement.

As for Bosh...
                              It is looking more and more unlikely that Chris Bosh will leave the Raptors as a free agent next summer.

Tim Cowlishaw of The Dallas Morning News spoke with Bosh at the player's basketball camp in Texas on Tuesday.

"It probably took me two or three years, but I went there when I was 19," said Bosh. "I was fresh out of college. I was used to roommates and guys knocking on the door, saying where the frat party was.

"But I love Toronto. And Toronto loves me."

The Raptors would love to keep Bosh, who they could give an extension in the next week.
                              I've supported Lowry for a long time, but if he won't commit to an extension you can't risk him walking.

Comment

• we hold the extra year and have the money to pay him...let's just be patient
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X