The * to Masai's proclamation of, "We will not be caught in no man's land."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    How much of this is someone who is plugged in and how much of this is someone who knew the storyline 5 weeks ago and hasn't bothered to change it? Are we kidding ourselves with the current success of this team?

Allen (Toronto)

Hey Chad, love your chats! With the Raptors playing as well as they've played in a long time, why hasn't espn talked about them as much as the top teams. They are sitting in 3rd place in the East and their defense has been stellar...
    Chad Ford (1:17 PM)

They are just 3 games over .500. The next closest team is the Heat who are 9 1/2 games ahead of them in the East midway through the season. They are actively shopping perhaps their best player this season -- Kyle Lowry. And would really love it if they could get in a position to win the No. 1 pick -- not home court advantage in the first round. That's why.
    I think a lot of the hohum is because the Raps dont have a very good historical record. They are going to have to get to the finish line for many of these pundits to talk seriously about the team and they will probably still say that it is an aberration. Only a second round appearance will generate some "respect".

The other aspect of Ford's comments was that MU has everyone confused about what his plans really are. Personally I am still of the opinion that if he gets an offer too good to refuse for anyone on the team he'll do the deal. Its a good position to be in and who really cares what SAS or his joker sidekick really have to say right now.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
      I don't consider the 8th seed no-mans land at all IMO. Lots of teams start there (OKC and Chicago come to mind), we are not capped out anymore, and are starting to look like a well-balanced team.
      Re sign Lowry and they are for 2014-15.

Lots of space in 2015-16.

Pretty much capped out again in 2016-17 due to cap holds on JV and Ross.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Re sign Lowry and they are for 2014-15.

Lots of space in 2015-16.

Pretty much capped out again in 2016-17 due to cap holds on JV and Ross.
        Not a team pennies away from luxury taxes either though, we have some things to work with, we still have the MLE, as well, we have a 4.5Mil TPE (from the Rudy Gay trade) which we can use to take on a player either in trade or S&T, not to mention, we can use our own expiring contracts in a trade as well.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          Not a team pennies away from luxury taxes either though, we have some things to work with, we still have the MLE, as well, we have a 4.5Mil TPE (from the Rudy Gay trade) which we can use to take on a player either in trade or S&T, not to mention, we can use our own expiring contracts in a trade as well.
          You probably don't care but I've removed you from the ignore list

Raptors are also really young with a lot of room for internal growth, I don't think we're on the dreaded 'treadmill'.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Twitter has ruined me. I have this terrible habit of skimming through any post longer than 3 lines :|
            Don't I know it.

:P

Comment

Working...
            X