Game #44: Toronto Raptors 104 - Brooklyn Nets 103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Wow D-Will wants absolutely nothing to do with the ball on the Nets' last possession...

he probably thought that they had a timeout left so he looked toward the bench. When he realized they didnt, im sure he let pierce take the ball up the court and take the last shot as he was shooting lights out that game

Comment

• RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
      he probably thought that they had a timeout left so he looked toward the bench. When he realized they didnt, im sure he let pierce take the ball up the court and take the last shot as he was shooting lights out that game
      I want my $100 million PG to know exactly how many time-outs I have left.

I do not want my $100 million PG actively running away from the ball on an inbounds pass with 6 seconds left.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I don't really have a point to my post, other than this headline being mildly amusing...

Nets Get 'Richard Sherman-ed' by Raptors
        http://brooklyneagle.com/articles/ne...4-01-28-160000

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Wow D-Will wants absolutely nothing to do with the ball on the Nets' last possession...

This was abetter version of that sequence. Is it just me or did all the reactions after the game (players on both teams, the Nets game officials sitting at court side and the crowd) seemed like it was a playoff game if not series finale. I guess we really havent won a game like that in a very long time.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            This was abetter version of that sequence. Is it just me or did all the reactions after the game (players on both teams, the Nets game officials sitting at court side and the crowd) seemed like it was a playoff game if not series finale. I guess we really havent won a game like that in a very long time.
            Nope. We've been on the opposite end of this kind of game since...when did Oakley leave again?

Also, touching moment at the 51 second mark of the video: T-Ross collapses into Anderson's bosom and dissolves into an ocean of tears.

"Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Referee's ........Violet Palmer !!!!

Last nights game the Nets vs the Raptor's was a scene of Violet Palmer trying her hardest to find a way for Brooklyn Nets to win last nights game. Her officiating was ridiculous!! With about 26 sec. to go Kyle Lowry went into the Nets zone for a layup when her was called for a charge by Violet Palmer; clearly it was not it was a blocking foul on Deron Williams. Once again a botched call by Palmer. She seems to hate the Raptor's with a passion!! Nets call a time out. They then try to get the ball in which was intercepted by the raptors Patterson over to Lowry and back to Patterson where he scored to give the Raptor's a 1 point lead! Then the Nets had no time outs and they took there time getting the ball in bounds which Violet Palmer gave them ample time to do so; so really they should have lost the ball because they took longer then 5 sec. to get the ball in. because they had no timeouts left to move the ball to half court. Then they finally get the ball in with 6 sec on the clock and Pierce commits a travelling call which everyone in the building saw even I'm sure Violet Palmer did as well but because it was the Nets and Pierce a hall of famer she did not whistle the play dead for a travelling call and allowed the play to go on with Pierce taking a last sec. shot which could have gone in and won it for the Nets. I'm tired of this poor refereeing which continually comes back to haunt the Raptor's!!! I have seen Violet Palmer blow more calls all this season; what is with her and her hatred for the Toronto Raptor's. She should not be allowed to ref any of Toronto Raptor games if this is how she conducts herself. She should not be allowed to referee PERIOD!!!! She is a disgrace to the referee world!!!
              Last edited by badbob; Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• She sucks but if the raps lost the game it wouldn't have been all her fault yknow?
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Women discrimination!!!!

Eh... I have to agree with you. Something needs to be done, I'm not talking about Violet here tho. Way too many obvious calls are called or not called and not only for us, but for every mediocre team.

Comment

• JV clearly double dribbled a couple of times last night and got away with it. The second time the ref on the baseline (not Palmer) caught it, made the double dribble motion with his hands but didn't blow the whistle for some reason. JV proceeded to score. There were bad calls all over the floor last night and on both sides. I think some of the whistles were make up calls tho, so it was quite the shit show for sure!!

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      JV clearly double dribbled a couple of times last night and got away with it. The second time the ref on the baseline (not Palmer) caught it, made the double dribble motion with his hands but didn't blow the whistle for some reason. JV proceeded to score. There were bad calls all over the floor last night and on both sides. I think some of the whistles were make up calls tho, so it was quite the shit show for sure!!
                      That's not the double dribble motion - it's starting the 5 second count on a post up. Players can't back down in the post for more than 5 seconds.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• badbob wrote: View Post
                        Last nights game the Nets vs the Raptor's was a scene of Violet Palmer trying her hardest to find a way for Brookland Nets to win last nights game. Her officiating was ridiculous!! With about 26 sec. to go Kyle Lowry went into the Nets zone for a layup when her was called for a charge by Violet Palmer; clearly it was not it was a blocking foul on Deron Williams. Once again a botched call by Palmer. She seems to hate the Raptor's with a passion!! Nets call a time out. They then try to get the ball in which was intercepted by the raptors Patterson over to Lowry and back to Patterson where he scored to give the Raptor's a 1 point lead! Then the Nets had no time outs and they took there time getting the ball in bounds which Violet Palmer gave them ample time to do so; so really they should have lost the ball because they took longer then 5 sec. to get the ball in. because they had no timeouts left to move the ball to half court. Then they finally get the ball in with 6 sec on the clock and Pierce commits a travelling call which everyone in the building saw even I'm sure Violet Palmer did as well but because it was the Nets and Pierce a hall of famer she did not whistle the play dead for a travelling call and allowed the play to go on with Pierce taking a last sec. shot which could have gone in and won it for the Nets. I'm tired of this poor refereeing which continually comes back to haunt the Raptor's!!! I have seen Violet Palmer blow more calls all this season; what is with her and her hatred for the Toronto Raptor's. She should not be allowed to ref any of Toronto Raptor games if this is how she conducts herself. She should not be allowed to referee PERIOD!!!! She is a disgrace to the referee world!!!
                        I believe the 5 second count begins once the ball is in the hands of the in-bounder and ready to be in-bounded. It's up to the discretion of the referee as to how much time is allowed to pass between a made bucket and the opponent being ready inbound the ball.

I think a delay of game could have been called on Pierce if he waited a couple more seconds before picking up the ball.

She isn't a disgrace and she's not the first or last ref to make a brutal call. Charge/block is a tough and highly subjective call, and you shouldn't take it personally when it doesn't go your way. Consistency is a very obvious problem for all NBA officials.
                        Last edited by rseal; Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• The one thing the made me believe that she was trying to make the nets win was when Patterson scored and Paul Pierce just stood there talking to his teammates on what to do and violet Palmer standing beside him telling him to inbound the ball! What kind of ref tells the players to inbound the ball? You just start the 5 second count
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• rseal wrote: View Post
                            I believe the 5 second count begins once the ball is in the hands of the in-bounder and ready to be in-bounded. It's up to the discretion of the referee as to how much time is allowed to pass between a made bucket and the opponent being ready inbound the ball.

I think a delay of game could have been called on Pierce if he waited a couple more seconds before picking up the ball.

She isn't a disgrace and she's not the first or last ref to make a brutal call. Charge/block is a tough and highly subjective call, and you shouldn't take it personally when it doesn't go your way.
                            Nope the rule is that once a team has scored the opposition has 3 second to pick up the ball or its a delay of game. The ref also at their own discretion could start the 5 second call as well
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              That's not the double dribble motion - it's starting the 5 second count on a post up. Players can't back down in the post for more than 5 seconds.
                              up and down motion with both hands?

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                                Nope the rule is that once a team has scored the opposition has 3 second to pick up the ball or its a delay of game. The ref also at their own discretion could start the 5 second call as well
                                Fair enough. I didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X