Game #46: Toronto Raptors 100 - Denver Nuggets 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    I think they were trying to let off the gas as early as possible because of the game tomorrow. Unfortunately the Nuggets continued to play their starters and refused to give in even when we were about ready to completely empty our bench.
    I hope so. Because Denver isn't good and because of our game tomorrow I will give them a pass. They've also played well in the 4th so far this season. I guess I'm just being my usual crazy self.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
      A win tmrw would be amazing
      We match up decently with Portland but tired legs and Demar's wonky ankle will be problematic. I'd like to see Patterson matched up with LMA most of the night. And shutting down their crazy three point barrage will be vital too.

Comment

• Just to put it out there, if the raps took care of business, they could have went 14-3 in january. Nonetheless, they still had a phenomenal 2 months

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          I hope so. Because Denver isn't good and because of our game tomorrow I will give them a pass. They've also played well in the 4th so far this season. I guess I'm just being my usual crazy self.
          Well Denver has one of the most tangible homecourt advantages in the league. They got 16 assists from Foye and 18 points from Fournier. They probably would've been better with Lawson and Nate....but they're not chopped liver.

The Raps D was bad in the 1st half pretty much all around. Lots of missed rotations. And the group that coughed up some of the lead late in the game was not the group that locked in and got them the big lead. They still led the whole game and won every quarter except the 4th because that bench group played badly late.

It wasn't the best win. It also wasn't the worst. In the early going, lots of people looked like the had travel legs and/or were struggling to deal with the altitude. Glad they fought through. Glad Casey called that 3rd quarter timeout. Maybe the best timeout Casey ever called as I'm not sure I've ever seen the team respond like that after one. They took care of business, even though it was an up and down game at many times.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well Denver has one of the most tangible homecourt advantages in the league. They got 16 assists from Foye and 18 points from Fournier. They probably would've been better with Lawson and Nate....but they're not chopped liver.

The Raps D was bad in the 1st half pretty much all around. Lots of missed rotations. And the group that coughed up some of the lead late in the game was not the group that locked in and got them the big lead. They still led the whole game and won every quarter except the 4th because that bench group played badly late.

It wasn't the best win. It also wasn't the worst. In the early going, lots of people looked like the had travel legs and/or were struggling to deal with the altitude. Glad they fought through. Glad Casey called that 3rd quarter timeout. Maybe the best timeout Casey ever called as I'm not sure I've ever seen the team respond like that after one. They took care of business, even though it was an up and down game at many times.
            IMO after the Ross dunk on Faried the whole game changed, Raptors looked like the more aggressive and better team! Denver looked rattled when one of their high fliers got absolutely decimated!
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Come on, the raptors had a 20 point lead and turned on the D, they went cold offensively, but when you play D like that, not hitting a FG in 8 minutes can still lead to a win.
              that wasn't D. that was just a sloppy mess at the end. even dwayne casey was extremely disappointed in the team.

Comment

• The end of the game the Raps were running on fumes. Absolutely exhausted. JV could barely gey back on D when was the last time you saw Ross panting in a game?

Denver is crazy lol.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  that wasn't D. that was just a sloppy mess at the end. even dwayne casey was extremely disappointed in the team.
                  Saw Casey's post game interview and he was acting like they lost the game. Only thing he kept bringing up was the 4th quarter. You still gotta give the team credit for even getting to that 25pt lead.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

You're right the altitude probably had something to do with it. I'm just glad Casey is preaching exactly what I'm saying. He isn't satisfied with this win because he knows more often than not you will lose closing games out the way we did. We all saw the Golden State game. A good team wouldn't make as many mental mistakes as Denver did tonight and they would take much better shots and play poised. But I'll take the win. I'm confident with Casey and the coaching staff being in their ear about it they will learn from this. Casey shouldn't have had to bring Lowry, Derozan or Amir back. The bench really played like shit at the end there.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I have to say this again

Manimal Cruelty

Comment

• RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
                        Saw Casey's post game interview and he was acting like they lost the game. Only thing he kept bringing up was the 4th quarter. You still gotta give the team credit for even getting to that 25pt lead.
                        we also had a huge lead versus the lakers. TWICE. can't just get lazy at the end or else shit happens. thankful shit didn't happen this time, but we can't let that be a potential pitfall in future games.

i feel like people have absolutely NO memory or something. remember when not that long ago when raptors were known to get huge leads and then completely lose the game?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          we also had a huge lead versus the lakers. TWICE. can't just get lazy at the end or else shit happens. thankful shit didn't happen this time, but we can't let that be a potential pitfall in future games.

i feel like people have absolutely NO memory or something. remember when not that long ago when raptors were known to get huge leads and then completely lose the game?
                          EXACTLY! People are acting like I'm being crazy for getting worried when teams make a comeback. Raptors are known for playing down to the opposition and losing games like that. As Casey said, we aren't good enough to think that we can just chill when we get a 20 point lead. The fact that fans think they can do that after the many years we've watched Raptors is shocking to me.

Comment

• From Wiki now:

"On January 31, 2014, Faried was posterized by the Toronto Raptors guard Terrence Ross. Overcome by embarrassment, Faried announced during the post-game press conference that he is leaving the Denver Nuggets and taking some time off to reflect on this tragedy that has forsaken his career. His return time is unknown."

Comment

• Happy with the win. Any win at Denver is good, regardless of circumstances. Psycho T showed his value in this game! Fans of so many teams out there get frustrated with having a terrible bench, always calming to know as a raptors fan that they have one that gets the job done. Salmons 9 assists tonight, he was probably not my favourite of the bench mob, but can't really be disappointed in his efforts.

Comment

• Yogi wrote: View Post
                                From Wiki now:

"On January 31, 2014, Faried was posterized by the Toronto Raptors guard Terrence Ross. Overcome by embarrassment, Faried announced during the post-game press conference that he is leaving the Denver Nuggets and taking some time off to reflect on this tragedy that has forsaken his career. His return time is unknown."
                                ahahahah someone put this on his Wiki page??

Comment

Working...
                                X