Demar Derozan's all star selection to persuade Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozan's all star selection to persuade Free Agents

I'm a stat head so I understand why some feel badly for Kyle Lowry, but honestly having Demar Derozan make it into the all star game really is the best thing for this franchise. Can you imagine how pathetic it would seem if only Kyle had made it and he bolted in free agency? "Another all star player leaves the Raptors" is how the media would spin it. Back to square one, right?

Instead, we have a the younger of the two players, and the player we currently have under contract through his prime years, at the event, gaining the exposure and building the hype. Derozan's already one of the most liked players in the league and I'm sure he's made contacts and friends at the Team USA camp as well.

The NBA is about hype. I'm not convinced that actual NBA players view each other the way we do. I don't think they are comparing player efficiency rankings. Players want to go with other players on the rise, especially if they're friendly, and can help make them look more like winning players. Every good player wants to be on a team that's no longer rebuilding and is instead winning more than it's losing. We will be able to sell that to agents and players we target in free agency or trades.

We can now use Drake, Leiweke, Masai and Demar to help convince other young players around the league that Toronto is where they should want to play. Demar and Drake can do that more directly and easily during the season, especially if there's a player out there that wants out. Think whatever you want about whether Derozan deserves to be there but there is almost no negatives to this now that he will be there.

We will we be able to use the narrative that we have a young, unselfish, hard-working, nice guy all star in Toronto now to make the franchise seem a little more desirable to players looking to be traded from their current situations, or upcoming free agents? It can't hurt, right?
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Your signature is awesome.

As for content, hopefully!

He is well liked around league.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Your signature is awesome.

As for content, hopefully!

He is well liked around league.
      I was dieing of laughter when that knicks fans said that ahhaa

Comment

If only we had 2 Allstars........................

2 Allstars, JV, and KD. I would hype that as a dynasty.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

The OP is word for word exactly the same as this: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1301259

Either OP is Double Helix (unlikely given their writing styles) or somebody stole from somebody.

Not like I care, though... Since I've been posting here a few of my posts/ideas have turned up on RealGM too. Just weird that people don't bother to say where they got the idea.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            The OP is word for word exactly the same as this: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1301259

Either OP is Double Helix (unlikely given their writing styles) or somebody stole from somebody.

Not like I care, though... Since I've been posting here a few of my posts/ideas have turned up on RealGM too. Just weird that people don't bother to say where they got the idea.
            Just look at the times they were each posted at.. there in possibly lies the answer.

Comment

If he was going to rip-off from another Raptors board, he should of chosen a more obscure site. #fail

Comment

I got it from him and I asked him if it was okay to post on another site and hs said aright

Comment

Idk Lowry looks like he has more friends in the leagur, I'm basing this just off of what I see before and after games
                  #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Derozan is well liked .. KD said he reminds him of VC.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

at least give the original writer a link or credit, instead of just copying and pasting what he wrote and making it look like you wrote it yourself. nowhere do i see in the realgm thread you asking to copy his post. and you literally just copy and pasted it without even changing the narrative as if you wrote it from your perspective.

Comment

This thread is getting derailed pretty quickly due to the copy/paste from another forum (which is odd), but to stick to the point.. I honestly don't think having DD here will really do much.

I mean Bosh was a perennial all-star and had friends in the NBA as well.. yet the 'best' free agents we got were Jack and Hedo. Maybe someone would want to play with DD but I really don't think he getting into the all-star game moves the dial much for the top free agents in the league.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          at least give the original writer a link or credit, instead of just copying and pasting what he wrote and making it look like you wrote it yourself. nowhere do i see in the realgm thread you asking to copy his post. and you literally just copy and pasted it without even changing the narrative as if you wrote it from your perspective.
                          Very strange indeed

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            This thread is getting derailed pretty quickly due to the copy/paste from another forum (which is odd), but to stick to the point.. I honestly don't think having DD here will really do much.

I mean Bosh was a perennial all-star and had friends in the NBA as well.. yet the 'best' free agents we got were Jack and Hedo. Maybe someone would want to play with DD but I really don't think he getting into the all-star game moves the dial much for the top free agents in the league.

The idea was a Bosh, Bargnani front court bringing in a Chris Paul-type PG....at least, that's what I thought BC envisioned.

Going forward, I think MU needs to keep this team together, and add Durant....and if Kevin feels he can play with Demar, Kyle etc, then that's a positive.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                              The idea was a Bosh, Bargnani front court bringing in a Chris Paul-type PG....at least, that's what I thought BC envisioned.

Going forward, I think MU needs to keep this team together, and add Durant....and if Kevin feels he can play with Demar, Kyle etc, then that's a positive.
                              Interesting ... "add Durant" ... recipe for success! Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X