No announcement yet.

Zach Lowe on Lowry, Derozan and the 2014 All-Star Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry bud, but you and I both know thats just irrelevant.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
      Sorry bud, but you and I both know thats just irrelevant.
      The only thing that's irrelevant is this entire discussion, since none of us have any idea what salary DeRozan could have been signed to later in the season or this past offseason, had BC decided not to hand it out so early. It might have been lower, might have been the same, might have been higher, or might have soured DeRozan on Toronto as a long-term home. It all became a moot point before the ink dried on the contract.

Having said that, dismissing an opinion either way as being idiotic simply because you disagree, is both close-minded and disrespectful. I'm not trying to change your mind here, but I still believe the amount was a little above market value at the time. I hoped DeRozan would earn it (I think he has) and figured it would appear better as time went on (flat contract instead of increasing each season), which I still expect it to.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Then ignore the thread. Beauty of the internet.

The thing is, DD hadn't shown to be able to do anything, so Colangelo was an idiot.

People are trying to defend Colangelo that this current team "is his"

Well the fact is he was an idiot.
        Maybe there's some wisdom in that narrow mind after all! Now, look up. Look waaaay up. See the thread title? Now, if all you've got is all this senseless babbling about Collangelo's contract negotiations, go find a mirror and repeat after yourself "Then ignore the thread. Beauty of the internet."

Comment

Craig and Salmon with the resort to personal attacks...classy

If you can prove that Colangelo gave an appropriate market value to DD at the time DD signed it, then by all means this would be a good argument.

However you can't, and you resort to calling people narrow minded and "blowing smoke out my ass"

Comment

lol, whining about "narrow minded"??? didn't realize this was a girl scout campfire kumaya love session. you can't be serious

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Having said that, dismissing an opinion either way as being idiotic simply because you disagree, is both close-minded and disrespectful.
              Internet Messageboard passive aggressive professional technique 101.

have at it, doesnt phase nor change what i have typed, which, is not opinion by the way, its fact.

Whats to be open minded about in the posting of stats and win shares? whats to learn or accept? Its numbers, and we all know they are there. 14 year old kids can do thats shit all day longn and its fantasy sports mentality, and when guys like your two get on a messageboard and pontificate about how "idiotic" or useless an NBA GM is for a move they make, using PER, and WS, and whatever else to support your argument.....I'm sorry, I'm not likely to just eat it up as if it's some sort of brilliant commentary, it isn't.

It takes a grown professional with years of experience, direct and acute insight into the situation, empathy and ability to deal with the MYRIAD of other issues that arise in every unique contract negotiation. Sometimes, they have to weigh the pain of a few extra million, against the value in making your employee happy. further to that, in the case of Toronto, a club that has had ZERO ability to retain any of its talent, the handling of their only high value prospect at the time was delicate at best, and if you guys believe using some silly YAHOO sports money mentality to make that call was the way to go , you're sadly mistaken. stop calling it opinion, it isn't. I would ask you, if you are so inclined to toss out ill thought out insults, to use your own advice. Often you like to white knight it all over my posts.... take some time to try to understand them, and once you do that, think about what Im typing and why before playing the role you play.

Having said that, nothing is moot. demar Derozan was resigned early because at the time, that was the right move for the franchise, and for much more than just salary cap considerations.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Craig and Salmon with the resort to personal attacks...classy

If you can prove that Colangelo gave an appropriate market value to DD at the time DD signed it, then by all means this would be a good argument.

However you can't, and you resort to calling people narrow minded and "blowing smoke out my ass"
                oh fuck you.... personal attacks?

You know whats an attack, blatantly ignoring what I have said, then whining about my not agreeing with your offering.... even though I disagree because you are simply wrong. Perhaps you cannot wrap your head around why its insulting...but try.

talk to me about classy...good grief, you're a soft boiled egg in summer.

Comment

Alright boys, break it up. Has been a good fight... if you're going to go another couple rounds, let's keep it clean.

Comment

joey, if you can read between the lines, and I know you can, it isn't me thats being dirty.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      joey, if you can read between the lines, and I know you can, it isn't me thats being dirty.
                      Christ man. I leave you alone for a couple hours and look at you. A fackin' mess.

Comment

What's with all the personal attacks and name calling? I thought the code of conduct was to be enforced?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          What's with all the personal attacks and name calling? I thought the code of conduct was to be enforced?
                          It's the heat of the moment. No harm, no foul. I hardly find being called "narrow minded" and "blowing smoke ... etc, etc, etc" overly offensive. Sorry, I must have thicker skin I guess.

Anyhow, I'll keep tabs on things dude.

Comment

I thought DeRozan was slightly overpaid when he got his extension, but I never really understood the outrage from some. I remember being frustrated at the time that Colangelo seemingly bid against himself for another one of 'his' guys, but I'll admit to being pretty jaded towards anything BC did by this point. In retrospect, it was one of the only good moves during his time in Toronto.

The notion that we shouldn't judge decisions based on hindsight is understandable in theory but a little disingenuous when talking about pro sports. Everything is so incredibly results oriented. GMs aren't judged on their thought process at the time of the decision, they're judged on the final result. DD looks like he's going to be fairly paid or underpaid for the term of the contract, he's yet to hit his ceiling, and you've strengthened the relationship between the franchise and the player. It turned out that it was a pretty good deal.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                              It's the heat of the moment. No harm, no foul. I hardly find being called "narrow minded" and "blowing smoke ... etc, etc, etc" overly offensive. Sorry, I must have thicker skin I guess.

Anyhow, I'll keep tabs on things dude.
                              Calling people "idiotic" and "close minded" is ok in the heat of battle?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Calling people "idiotic" and "close minded" is ok in the heat of battle?
                                You couldn't tell Craig comments where said in "tongue-in-cheek"? Ah well, my bad. I've known him since 2000-01, so I guess I saw more jest and not necessarily "attacking" in what said. Sorry man.

Comment

Working...
                                X