No announcement yet.

Terrence Ross comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these paul george comparisons are getting ridiculous. especially when people say "oh well paul george didnt break out in his very early years either, JUST LIKE T ROSS!"

that line is just incredibly stupid sounding.

Comment

Terrence Ross' 51 point outburst is starting to look more and more Tony Delk-ish doesn't it now?

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
        Let's be realistic.

Jason Terry but a bit taller.

Ray Allen, but a bit more athletic.

Ross has the potential to be a nice piece on a good team. He is upside is a Jason Allen, or a Ray Terry.
        That's not realistic, both of those players were much more skilled than Ross across the board. Not to mention, Ray Allen is arguably a top 10 SG of all time. Ross to Ray Allen is like Patrick Patterson to Kevin Love right now.

We can hope I guess, it's like in that movie, 1 chance in a million is still a chance. But these are high expectations.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          That's not realistic, both of those players were much more skilled than Ross across the board. Not to mention, Ray Allen is arguably a top 10 SG of all time. Ross to Ray Allen is like Patrick Patterson to Kevin Love right now.

We can hope I guess, it's like in that movie, 1 chance in a million is still a chance. But these are high expectations.
          Realistic was definitely a poor choice of words. I think Ross does flash some top of the line talent though. Here's to hoping he manages to put it all together.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Terrence Ross' ceiling is Mr. T cereal, while his floor is probably Pee Wee Herman eating Mr. T cereal.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
              I don't agree with the size thing either. It was just the biggest issue I've read in regards to starting both Demar and Ross. Ross is such a strong defender that size differences are almost entirely erased (outside of post ups). Which you brought up, but I haven't seen players really post up on Ross outside of one Joe Johnson ).
              Wouldn't worry about the post ups tbh. He may get backed down once in a while and get scored on and some people will freak out, but the majority of the time I've seen him posted up on, they haven't scored. Stat geeks will tell you it's the least efficient way to score in basketball!

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
              Terrence Ross' 51 point outburst is starting to look more and more Tony Delk-ish doesn't it now?
              No

Comment

who are we kidding here ... everyone knows the best comparison is Michael Jordan
                2 threepeats here we come .... does Ross play baseball at all?

Comment

T Ross put up 51 on 29 shots in a single game.

Over the next six he scored 60 total on 61 shots.

Not sure why consistency is such an issue, but it can't help that Casey seemed to blame him for the loss that 51 point night and has tapered off his minutes ever since.

Comment

Said it before and I'll say it again, Eddie Jones.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Eddie Jones / Michael Finley hybrid
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Said it before and I'll say it again, Eddie Jones.
                        ^ This. A more athletic version of Eddie Jones.

All these T-Mac, PG comparison are ridiculous. Prepare to be disappointed.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Fri Feb 7, 2014, 12:36 AM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'd actually be thrilled with that. Eddie was a guy who could slot into any team really and help a lot, elite defensively, smooth offensively..didn't really force it too much, did a bit of everything. I can see the comparisons. Could see Terrence maybe slightly better shooting the ball eventually but yeh, I would like that.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            T Ross put up 51 on 29 shots in a single game.

Over the next six he scored 60 total on 61 shots.

Not sure why consistency is such an issue, but it can't help that Casey seemed to blame him for the loss that 51 point night and has tapered off his minutes ever since.
                            well ever since that game, except for utah hes had horrible shooting.

3/9
                            4/13
                            7/10 (utah game)
                            3/12
                            2/8
                            3/9

that 51 point game was a complete anomaly.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              well ever since that game, except for utah hes had horrible shooting.

3/9
                              4/13
                              7/10 (utah game)
                              3/12
                              2/8
                              3/9

that 51 point game was a complete anomaly.
                              Agreed, he's a better shooter than these past few games have indicated though. Maybe the 51 points and the upcoming dunk contest have gotten to his head?
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                                Agreed, he's a better shooter than these past few games have indicated though. Maybe the 51 points and the upcoming dunk contest have gotten to his head?
                                Last season he started to play terribly when the dunk contest was coming up and after it ended as well. Casey called him out on focusing too much on that "silly" competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X