No announcement yet.

What the Raps need to take them over !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Raps need to take them over !

People keep saying a scoring 3 but with the emergence of TRoss that allows DD to play the 3 and the great play of 2Pat, who should stay coming off the bench btw. Its pretty obv and that its a legit 4 and there's actually an elite 4 available who would fit perfect in Casey's offense.... Kevin Love ! all around player can score from anywhere and rebound with the best. I love Amir and so do a lot fans, and he's come a long way too but he's peaked at his position and with the pieces in place, thats what would take them over into a championship contending team.

As to how to get here i would think our 1st(this year)and next year, NY's 1st, Amir who is at his peak for trade value and some fill ins for salary purposes.

To Toronto - Kevin Love

To Minnesota - Amir, 3- 1st rd picks and some fillers.

I would think the Wolves would do it because as it looks right now Klove is going to opt out this year and explore the market and probably not resign with the Wolves, so for them to get a lot of value before he just leaves and they get nothing.

8 man rotation would be ;

Lowry
    Ross
    DD
    Love
    JV
    Salmons(Hansborough if healthy enough)
    2Pat
    Vazquez

Pretty solid to go into the playoffs.

Pretty sure ill get torched for giving away this years pick and NY's but whatever just win baby !!lol

Comment

Id be down for Kevin Love.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
        I would think the Wolves would do it because as it looks right now Klove is going to opt out this year and explore the market and probably not resign with the Wolves, so for them to get a lot of value before he just leaves and they get nothing.
        I would love KLove on this team, I think he'd be a perfect fit here but......and it's a big but.........what makes you think he wouldn't opt out after coming here. There's been so many rumours that basically have him on a LA or bust mentality that I can't imagine a team like Toronto risking picks for a chance to persuade him into staying in a few months.

Comment

[QUOTE=Top5Pick;287424To Toronto - Kevin Love

[/QUOTE]
          Pretty sure ill get torched for giving away this years pick and NY's but whatever just win baby !!lol
          I'm ok with trading one pick...but 3 really screws us up for future salary reasons due to the cost and scaling of rookie deals

Also the salaries don't match up so that trade would get nixed. However a way to get the best of both worlds is to:

DD+Amir+2014 pick for Love is pretty good starting ground.

Its tough cause I don't think Love will ever be traded until the last year of his deal if he doesn't want to resign

Comment

Love can't opt out this year, but can at the end of next year. Most signs point to him wanting to leave though. The problem I have is you are potentially giving up 4 solid assets for a guy that might leave after a year. That's really risky. I understand that there is no risk without reward but that's just too risky for me. Actually on top of that your fillers could be other good assets (I don't see Minny wanting to take Fields, Novak or Hayes for example).

Love is a West coast kid to boot. He'll have LA calling his name I'm sure and I can't see why he passes that up. If this were to happen you better hope that Love likes it in Toronto, and that the Raptors can sustain a winning team.

If I was to trade for Love now, I'd prefer to give up one or two less assets, but perhaps take back one of Minny's bad contracts to help sweeten the pot. Say Buddinger who's been really bad.

Maybe Love+Buddinger for Amir, Salmons, Tyler, 2015 and a 2016 first (one of them). Minny would probably get better offers from other teams though.

We'll have the cap space in 2015.. so I say you throw Drake and TL in his face and hope he believes in what we are doing and comes here without having to give up an asset.

Comment

this has already been discussed to great depth already

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ght=kevin+love

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                I would love KLove on this team, I think he'd be a perfect fit here but......and it's a big but.........what makes you think he wouldn't opt out after coming here. There's been so many rumours that basically have him on a LA or bust mentality that I can't imagine a team like Toronto risking picks for a chance to persuade him into staying in a few months.
                I have wanted Kevin love for a while now. We would still have him for next year as he cant op out till the summer of 2015. So we would have him locked for this season and the next at the least.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  It's a huge gamble I know this, look at the Lakers they took a gamble in Dwight and he fucked them over. But I think if he comes here and we can make it to the East Finals you can make a case for him that the Raps could consistently make it to the East semis and finals with him and this core group plus additions to the bench in the WEAK EAST conference. He has a better chance to reach and maybe win a championship here then he does in the TOUGH WEST.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Love can't opt out this year, but can at the end of next year. Most signs point to him wanting to leave though. The problem I have is you are potentially giving up 4 solid assets for a guy that might leave after a year. That's really risky. I understand that there is no risk without reward but that's just too risky for me. Actually on top of that your fillers could be other good assets (I don't see Minny wanting to take Fields, Novak or Hayes for example).

Love is a West coast kid to boot. He'll have LA calling his name I'm sure and I can't see why he passes that up. If this were to happen you better hope that Love likes it in Toronto, and that the Raptors can sustain a winning team.

If I was to trade for Love now, I'd prefer to give up one or two less assets, but perhaps take back one of Minny's bad contracts to help sweeten the pot. Say Buddinger who's been really bad.

Maybe Love+Buddinger for Amir, Salmons, Tyler, 2015 and a 2016 first (one of them). Minny would probably get better offers from other teams though.

We'll have the cap space in 2015.. so I say you throw Drake and TL in his face and hope he believes in what we are doing and comes here without having to give up an asset.

Now we're thinking ! lol i love your trade scenario better than mine ! I think to resign him you have to sell the fact that playing in a weaker division he can reach and win a championship it's just as simple as that ! Dwight didn't resign with the Lakers why ? because you have an aging superstar ball hog in Kobe and Nash, no complementary pieces, plus no young players with upside to help him carry load in the pressure filled LA team.

Minny can be sold on Amir he's improved so much from what he used to be and would be amazing PnR with Rubio and add toughness but i think to keep Ross and DD, you have to give away picks but of course your scenario would be a dream to acquire Klove.

Comment

To Toronto - Kevin Love

I imagine multiple teams would offer more than that. If the Raptors add Love on top of the current roster and lose only Amir, their picks won't be very valuable.

Comment

I don't like giving up 3 picks because he might still opt out and then were going to be screwed
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                          I don't like giving up 3 picks because he might still opt out and then were going to be screwed
                          Fuck Picks get RINGS !

Comment

We aren't getting Kevin Love this year....

Comment

Love is widely considered to be a lock for the Lakers in 2015 at this point. Amir and three first rounders for a season-and-a-half rental is a terrible risk, especially given that Love's defense is average and we need good D from our power forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X