• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    But those floaters...

Balls of Steel killing the GIF game this morning
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
      Balls of Steel killing the GIF game this morning
      Thanks. As a community, I believe we should all use it!
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Instead of trading Vasquez, how about this to bolster our PG/SG play.

To Atlanta:
        Hansborough
        Buycks

To Toronto:
        Lou Williams

Due to injuries to Horford and Antic, plus a general lack of depth in the first place,the Hawks could really use another big man. Hansbrough can play both PF and C, and is on a reasonable deal. Buycks is there for salary purposes and would likely be waived. The Hawks can afford to part with Williams to give more time to emergent young players in Schroeder and Mack. The Hawks also save some cap space next season ($2M if they keep Tyler, $4M if they waive him over the summer).

The Raptors do it to add a versatile guard who can play PG or SG and can hit the 3 at an incredibly high rate. Williams could play on or off the ball with either Lowry or Vasquez, and he can also run the offense by himself if need be. Williams scoring outbursts would also be very useful off the bench as I could see him and 2Pat lighting up opposing teams bench units.

This seems like a realistic trade that would help both teams. We don't really need Hansbrough anymore as PF/C has become jam packed (Amir, 2Pat, JV, Hayes, Hansbrough). Swapping him for Lou is the exact kind of "Buyers" trade I want to do, as it involves no assets other than Tyler.

Comment

I don't know. Lou wasn't healthy earlier in the season and it has effected his consistency. Otherwise, good idea for sure.

Comment

Was watching a bit of the Cav' vs. Lakers game yesterday, and Jarrett Jack, just looks so miserable playing for that team...ditto Luol Deng. I could both those guys in a Rap's uniform next season, but a trade of Vasquez for Jack is something I wouldn't mind either. I always like Jack when he was in Toronto and was sad to see him go. Great locker room guy and steady back up PG.

Comment

I'm in for any deal that involves sweet lou
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jarrett Jack's contract is not great ($6.3m for the next three years plus a team option for a fourth). $6.3m for a sixth man isn't terrible but Jack is more of a seventh/eighth.

Comment

Working...
                X