Ideas for a RR Column?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    When I was teaching overseas, I was struggling to come up with essay writing topics every week for my high school students. So I threw a bunch of random thoughts on the board and told them to pick one. The best essay I got came from that list and the topic was "Which Teletubby would win a fight to the death?"

Point is, sometimes you gotta just throw some shit and see what sticks.
    The green one. No contest.

Comment

TheMarfin wrote: View Post
      The green one. No contest.
      I think the rationalized response was the one with the bag/purse since it could contain weapons and the added weight of it over the years would have been strengthening that one.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Some projected stats on where we would be if we came into the season with the current roster as opposed to after the Rudy trade

Comment

A good article answers questions that readers care about. I'd love to see a breakdown on the 2014 draft. A lot of perceptions about it have changed. A few questions come to mind:

1) Do people still feel there are franchise altering players in it? Is it still comparable to 2003?
          2) Is Wiggins still #1? How would you rank the top 10?
          3) Are there any potential steals late in the 1st round, where the Raptors might pick? Who would be the best fit?
          4) Who is most likely to stay in school for another year, and how is the 2015 draft shaping up?
          5) What teams are most likely to trade their picks, or try to acquire more?

Comment

It might be time to write an article about Casey. Earlier this year the pitchforks were out calling for his head. Now he's a big reason why the team is doing so well. What changed? Is Casey the right coach for this team going into next season? Does he get extended? If not, then who replaces him?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I like a couple of the ideas you guys have mentioned (the Doug Smith Rabbit Hole Post seems to be the most popular in terms of likes), and I'll check back in an hour to pick one.

Some of the topics you guys have mentioned have been broached. For example, Demar's all-star candidacy was covered first by Garrett, and then Blake. I looked at his playmaking near the start of the season (and TBH that's probably outdated because he's continued to develop). The tanking pieces are mostly dead at this point, but if you must drive up some drivel, Tim W has a couple of thoughts on the matter.

I'm not much of a historian (I'm 21; ask Zarar, Sam or the Tim's about "back in the day"), and I don't watch/follow NCAA ball, but PhD Steve and his podcasting crew touch on the goings-on in college ball every week, so I suggest you give their podcast a listen (if you can get through the intro, that is).

Thanks again! Keep 'em coming. If you have any other RR inquiries, suggestions or feedback, leave a comment anywhere (forum, in the articles), and chances are good that someone sees, and addresses it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                It might be time to write an article about Casey. Earlier this year the pitchforks were out calling for his head. Now he's a big reason why the team is doing so well. What changed? Is Casey the right coach for this team going into next season? Does he get extended? If not, then who replaces him?
                This is good.

What about the impact of Bayno and Nurse?

Comment

Seeing as how this is for a piece on Thurs. and since the Raps win tonight's game, what about....

"How did the Raptors get Rudy off his game?"

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    This is good.

What about the impact of Bayno and Nurse?

I'm definitely interested in profiling their work, but I'd need some interview time with the pair to make it work. I'll try to nag Blake to chat them up in practice sometime (instead of talking to Greivis Vasquez about beards and nicknames).

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      Just do what Doug Smith does when he has nothing to write about. Post a music video, write about your dog, write about someone in your family who is completely irrelevant to every single person reading, tell us about your favourite beers and pubs and complain about Raptors fans....
                      Heck no. That's some bad advice for this bright, young, aspiring journalist. Doug Smith is just being a lazy old fart. Whatever Doug Smith does, do the opposite!
                      Last edited by golden; Wed Feb 5, 2014, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X