No announcement yet.

Game #49: Toronto Raptors 101 - Sacramento Kings 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir is playing like horse shit. If he is injured and isn't 100% he really needs to rest his body. There is no point of him playing if he's going to give zero effort game in and game out. We NEED to stop starting games like we don't give a fuck though. It was high time it bit us in the butt.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      And even if the ref called that a defensive foul. And let's say Lowry hits the freethrow. Raps chances of winning that game is still pretty slim.

The way the Raps played tonight. They deserved to lose. Blaming the officiating for this loss = excuse.
      I definitely agree. The only thing is when the refs call games like this is makes it very hard for a team to get into their rhythm. How are you suppose to play defense properly when every little thing you do is called as a foul. Also I just feel like Raptors get absolutely zero respect from the officials. We are one of the best defensive teams in the league while Sacramento is one of the worst. We are the third best team in the East while Sacramento is the worst in the west but they get ALL the calls. Normally really good defensive teams get away with more for example Indiana. I just really highly doubt we honestly fouled Sacramento 51 times. That's just ridiculous. But yes we should have came out with more fire. You can see Sac was way more energized for this game than we were to start.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Even Stern was surprised by the call:

http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/CHANN...sternwater.gif

Comment

• I hate how players, coaches, and owners can all get fined for talking badly about the refs but the refs get no penalties at all when they fuck up or seemingly intentionally screw teams over. Last year we got like 3 or 4 apologies from the league for the bad/no calls that cost us games. Whoopty do.... it didnt get us the win, and the refs were never disciplined for it.

The NBA has the worst officiating in all major sports. It is pretty bad when they are compared to WWE referees. It doesnt just affect the raptors, it is league wide. There should be a third party overseeing the referees. They need to be held accountable for their actions.

They also need to add a challenge system. Limited challenges each quarter that get reviewed at an external site, not by the refs in the game. I would much rather have another 5-10mins added to the game to get the calls right then the way it currently is.

Comment

• once again kyle showing hes the actual all star. just a pitiful performance by DD. horrible shot selection. horrible handles. dominated by gay. 5/17 shooting. 1/4 from 3. just awful.

amir johnson. completely useless.
            ross. still wildly inconsistent and showing that 51 point game was a complete anomaly.

patterson was basically the only one playing.

you know its bad when we need novak (whos just been horribly streaky in toronto) to shoot us back into a game. it just reminded me of all those awful games last season where we needed JLIII or alan anderson to get hot in order to even vaguely compete.

there were no moral victories here. just killed by the worst team in the west.
            Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Feb 6, 2014, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• I didn't even finish watching after the first quarter. It was not hard to tell the young guys are tired, this west coast trip is fucking with hours in the day, where one day there short an hour and the next we an hour longer. Yes we played like crap and I think this long west coast trip has something to do with it. They have been putting forth an amazing effort to get where they are, and now the travel caught up with them. I am not taking anything from this other than there young and on a long west coast trip.

Comment

• Holy fucking Jesus. That offensive foul + tech sequence was a COMPLETE joke. Unfuckingbelievable.

Comment

• Regardless of how the teams are playing, 51-24 on free throws is way outside the normal distribution, and then that offensive foul / technical sequence.... let's just say that the referees didn't exactly do their best work.

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRn...ature=youtu.be

THIS IS AN OFFENSIVE FOUL????????

n
                    Unfuckingbelievable.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• RPT23 wrote: View Post
                      The technical foul was when Lowry got up and ran away from the ref. LOL... Kyle should have just bitched at the ref, Rasheed Wallace style... good on Kyle to go in the opposite direction. Total bullshit. Don't waste your time...

They should list the names of the refs for the game and their twitter handle...
                      Or just an intimidating stare-down Sheed style.

http://youtu.be/tE5sEW4qK4c
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Only had an opportunity to watch the first half, but I came away thinking that these are the types of games we really need JV to not pick up silly fouls....regardless of the poor job the refs were doing calling the game. JV could have made a big difference if he was on the court.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          Regardless of how the teams are playing, 51-24 on free throws is way outside the normal distribution, and then that offensive foul / technical sequence.... let's just say that the referees didn't exactly do their best work.
                          All time, teams that win the FTA battle by 27 or more are 289-38. That's a 88% winning percentage.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Gotta play better in the 1st half. Plain and simple. The Lowry call was awful, but we lost the game because of the 1st half.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Raps didn't deserve to win that game, regardless of the refs, although that probably was some of the worst officiating to date. And you never know, had the reffing been better, they may have crawled their way back into the game earlier. Bad game for the Raps, bad game for the refs. Didn't particularly like Casey's rotations tonight either.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Gotta play better in the 1st half. Plain and simple. The Lowry call was awful, but we lost the game because of the 1st half.
                                Right. But a large reason for that was the fact that the Raps were in foul trouble almost instantly. It's hard to play well when you're in foul trouble or are leary of the whistle. The refs took JV out of the game straightaway. The phantom third foul ended his half and basically his entire game. When your opponent shoots nearly 30 more free throws, there is almost no way to overcome that (see DanH's post above).

On a sidenote, I have a real issue with Casey and how he handles the refs. He needs to man up, protect his players, and take either a fine or an ejection.

Comment

Working...
                                X