Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    The NBA: where covering the spread happens

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    It's surprisingly hard to find the NBA rule book definition of every rule (the FIBA is easy) but here is from a NBA release when they instituted this rule; known as the Reggie Miller Rule.

"call offensive fouls on shooters who blatantly kick out their legs to initiate contact."

Blatantly kick to initiate contact. No way that applies to this shot.
    Here:

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/me...-Rule-Book.pdf

That wording doesn't exist in there, as far as I can tell. It was probably an instruction to officials rather than an official rule change.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    sorry to have to say this rap fans but we got punked on both ends of the floor

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Even made deadspin yo!

http://deadspin.com/kyle-lowry-gets-...ght-1517372539

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsForever
    replied
    anyone watching/hearing tim&sid? Sid is going off!!! love it

Leave a comment:

• phez
    replied
    who cares what direction lowry as moving or whatever?

did people not see mclemore basically landing his ass on top of lowry?

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    Lets be honest, that was easily THE MOST BULLSHIT CALL in the history of whatever. How the hell is that an offensive foul? In who's universe? The exact same thing t Ross got called for against the lakers. And what stings more is that you know we would've come back to win that game too

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    USA Sports is on our side:

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsForever
    replied
    being a die hard raptors fan really has its toll sometimes. I cant take my mind off of that call and what wouldve happened if we wouldve only been stuck 2.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Then get a 4th Ref watching all the angles from another room who can overturn whistles as inadvertent/reverse calls/tell them when they need to review. Id rather the NBA be more based on REALITY than a smoother game.
    Whose to say that ref wont be a piece of shit like the others?

Leave a comment:

• Yogi
    replied
    What gig? All it takes is have the refs on the court converge to discuss before announcing any disputed call.
    Sorry dude, I quoted the wrong post.

Then get a 4th Ref watching all the angles from another room who can overturn whistles as inadvertent/reverse calls/tell them when they need to review. Id rather the NBA be more based on REALITY than a smoother game.
    That's what my Joey Crawford comment was aimed at. Them having an extra ref sitting in a room watching the plays and trumping calls made on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    I feel like they should treat it like the nfl. The nfl referees are a lot less likely to call a pass interference down the stretch of a game in the end zone. It should be the same sort of thing.

If you know an offensive foul call is going to change the ending of a game swallow your whistle. Possibly a defensive foul, definitely a no call.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    I think it was fairly obvious that Lowry didn't kick his leg out to get a foul called. He was fading away in a natural motion. Leg kick fouls are generally very obvious.
    It's surprisingly hard to find the NBA rule book definition of every rule (the FIBA is easy) but here is from a NBA release when they instituted this rule; known as the Reggie Miller Rule.

"call offensive fouls on shooters who blatantly kick out their legs to initiate contact."

Blatantly kick to initiate contact. No way that applies to this shot.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Yogi wrote: View Post
    Yea, then watch them give that gig to the more senior refs like Joey Crawford.
    What gig? All it takes is have the refs on the court converge to discuss before announcing any disputed call.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X