No announcement yet.

Officiating in Kings/Raps Game Feb. 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like they should treat it like the nfl. The nfl referees are a lot less likely to call a pass interference down the stretch of a game in the end zone. It should be the same sort of thing.

If you know an offensive foul call is going to change the ending of a game swallow your whistle. Possibly a defensive foul, definitely a no call.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      What gig? All it takes is have the refs on the court converge to discuss before announcing any disputed call.
      Sorry dude, I quoted the wrong post.

Then get a 4th Ref watching all the angles from another room who can overturn whistles as inadvertent/reverse calls/tell them when they need to review. Id rather the NBA be more based on REALITY than a smoother game.
      That's what my Joey Crawford comment was aimed at. Them having an extra ref sitting in a room watching the plays and trumping calls made on the floor.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Then get a 4th Ref watching all the angles from another room who can overturn whistles as inadvertent/reverse calls/tell them when they need to review. Id rather the NBA be more based on REALITY than a smoother game.
        Whose to say that ref wont be a piece of shit like the others?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

being a die hard raptors fan really has its toll sometimes. I cant take my mind off of that call and what wouldve happened if we wouldve only been stuck 2.

Comment

USA Sports is on our side:

http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Lets be honest, that was easily THE MOST BULLSHIT CALL in the history of whatever. How the hell is that an offensive foul? In who's universe? The exact same thing t Ross got called for against the lakers. And what stings more is that you know we would've come back to win that game too
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

who cares what direction lowry as moving or whatever?

did people not see mclemore basically landing his ass on top of lowry?

Comment

anyone watching/hearing tim&sid? Sid is going off!!! love it

Comment

Even made deadspin yo!

http://deadspin.com/kyle-lowry-gets-...ght-1517372539
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

sorry to have to say this rap fans but we got punked on both ends of the floor

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        It's surprisingly hard to find the NBA rule book definition of every rule (the FIBA is easy) but here is from a NBA release when they instituted this rule; known as the Reggie Miller Rule.

"call offensive fouls on shooters who blatantly kick out their legs to initiate contact."

Blatantly kick to initiate contact. No way that applies to this shot.
                        Here:

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/me...-Rule-Book.pdf

That wording doesn't exist in there, as far as I can tell. It was probably an instruction to officials rather than an official rule change.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The NBA: where covering the spread happens

Comment

RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
                            Glad he said it.

Comment

RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
                              Love it. The officiating has just been terrible this year... nearly threw the remote; just ridiculous. 4 point play. Gone.

For those that missed it:

Comment

I'm not focused on the Lowry call but anyone who claims that is even a borderline call needs his head examined. If that can be an offensive foul then every single fadeaway shot in basketball can be an offensive foul as every, single fadeaway requires an offensive player to lean back his upperbody and it almost always results in lower body contact (especially in the post).

It was a brutal call. LMAO at people trying to justify it. If I had made that call when I reffed university ball I wouldn't have got another game the entire year.

Comment

Working...
                                X