Officiating in Kings/Raps Game Feb. 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gametime wrote: View Post
    Love it. The officiating has just been terrible this year... nearly threw the remote; just ridiculous. 4 point play. Gone.
    Yea my remote definitely got air

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The NBA: where covering the spread happens
      Eric Lewis is 16-1 on the over/under this year..... That seems..... odd?

Comment

As much as we got screwed last night I'd rather have a quicker, smoother game than slow it down even more.

Bad calls happen, it's an unfortunate part of all sports. Usually by the end of the season (if not by the end of the game) the bad calls even out for teams.

These league's need to just put more money into training young referees to come up so that they can have more strict standards for the ones in the league. But to jump to conclusions and extremes like applying fines, adding refs or having video replay on foul calls is the wrong way to go about the game.

The Raptors lost a regular season game last night and they lost for a variety of reasons, not just officiating. That doesn't excuse the call but it also should not be a reason to slow down all the other 2500 games a year for the sake of being perfect.

Comment

At least Adam silver was at the game. Do u think that helps at all?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

heres a question for everyone, if that was lebron or durant taking that shot, would they have gotten an and1? i certainly do think so and that is the problem with not only the NBA, but all professional sports.

Comment

RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
              heres a question for everyone, if that was lebron or durant taking that shot, would they have gotten an and1? i certainly do think so and that is the problem with not only the NBA, but all professional sports.
              I got it.....................robot refs!

Comment

if this is offensive foul then Dirk gets away with murder with his dirk leg fadeaway
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I shut this game off well before any of this happened. I hate the officiating in this league more than any other so I am glad I did shut this crap game off early because I would have been extra salty today. I think they need to set up a system where you can only make a call if you are in direct line of sight with the play. Far too often you see an out of position ref make a call where his/her line of site was clearly blocked by other players but they make a call anyway.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    if this is offensive foul then Dirk gets away with murder with his dirk leg fadeaway
                    Dirk doesn't kick out, he just uses his knee as a space creator.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      The NBA: where covering the spread happens
                      that's the new slogan for the NBA
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                        At least Adam silver was at the game. Do u think that helps at all?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                        I don't know why, but when the cameras were on him during the game and the announcers were informing us that he was there, I actually had a feeling of premonition. I felt like something was going to go wrong for the Raptors.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

The easiest fix for the reffing issues would be to allow the coaches to challenge one single play in the game. If they get the call wrong they lose a timeout and the other team gets a technical free throw. If a team is out of timeouts they can't use the challenge.

It shouldn't slow down the game that much.. maybe a few minutes as they review the video. It should help at least for close calls at the end of the game.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The easiest fix for the reffing issues would be to allow the coaches to challenge one single play in the game. If they get the call wrong they lose a timeout and the other team gets a technical free throw. If a team is out of timeouts they can't use the challenge.

It shouldn't slow down the game that much.. maybe a few minutes as they review the video. It should help at least for close calls at the end of the game.
                            Except if refs are stubborn and refuse to change call. Would almost need a central control centre similar to NHL.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I like it.

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              Except if refs are stubborn and refuse to change call. Would almost need a central control centre similar to NHL.
                              They have one already.

Comment

Reactions to Kyle Lowry Foul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuenWBXlkM8

Comment

Working...
                                X