So the Cleveland GM got axed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    True, but who in their right mind would want Waiters on their squad? They'll have to add value to move him.
    Actually what I have seen from Waiters play is that he is a pretty good team player. He passes and actively looks for his teammates.

Kyrie just jacks it up ever opportunity he gets.

I don't know about all the off-court stuff, but losing a lot of games is frustrating and seeing Kyrie just jack it up with no accountability is an easy way for there to be some sandpaper in the locker room.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Actually what I have seen from Waiters play is that he is a pretty good team player. He passes and actively looks for his teammates.

I don't know about all the off-court stuff, but losing a lot of games is frustrating and seeing Kyrie just jack it up with no accountability is an easy way for there to be some sandpaper in the locker room.
      I personally believe that Kyrie and Mike brown's relationship is causing the most problems because Brown preaches defense, toughness and team basketball. When any player other the Kyrie doesn't adhere to what he wants they get reprimanded. But if Kyrie jacks us bad shots and plays no defense nothing happens to him and Dion is obviously angry because of the double standard they have in place
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Now that Grant is gone and that Cleveland wants to shake up their roster, Kyrie may be the next one to go.
        In my opinion Kyrie is the biggest problem. I don't believe a team can be successful in the long run when your PG leads the team in shots missed rather than assists as KI usually does.
        I am not nor saying Irving is a bad player. He clearly is not, just not a team first PG.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
          I personally believe that Kyrie and Mike brown's relationship is causing the most problems because Brown preaches defense, toughness and team basketball. When any player other the Kyrie doesn't adhere to what he wants they get reprimanded. But if Kyrie jacks us bad shots and plays no defense nothing happens to him and Dion is obviously angry because of the double standard they have in place
          Watched a good part of the Cavs/Lakers game last night and the Kyrie accountability dynamic might be changing. Brown subbed him out about halfway through the 3rd quarter and he never saw the floor again. The group he kept on the floor for the balance of the game was Varejo, Waiters, Miles, Dellavedova and mostly Bennett who was subbed briefly for Earl Clark.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

NBA.com disagrees with you. So do I. Kyrie is 14th in the League in Total assists, and of the 13 people ahead of him, only Lebron has as few Assist opportunities as Kyrie. Couple that with his 33.7% Assist Rate, and that tells me he's looking to pass it, he just doesn't have anybody worth passing to.

I'll say it again, give him GOOD teammates who know how to play basketball, and Kyrie will be a helluva Pro.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              See the problem with making statements like this, is you have to be able to back them up at least a little bit ...
              and according to NBA.com, Kyrie is 14th in the League in Total assists, and of the 13 people ahead of him, only Lebron has fewer Assist opportunities. Couple that with his 33.7% Assist Rate, and that tells me he's looking to pass it, he just doesn't have anybody worth passing to.

I'll say it again, give him GOOD teammates who know how to play basketball, and Kyrie will be a helluva Pro.
              You mean if he was traded here for Kyle, he'd be a heck of a pro?
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                You mean if he was traded here for Kyle, he'd be a heck of a pro?
                Ohhhh I see what we're doing!!!

KYRIE SUCKS!!! YOU SHOULD TRADE HIM CLEVELAND!!!

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Would not be surprised. The way the raps are playing only helps his case. Since his responsible for the whole starting line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  BC's problem wasn't drafting, it was his inability to understand that you build a team not a random collection of talent, you don't make a move just for the sake of making a move, and inability to swallow his pride and cut his loses.
                  BC got our 4 best players on the roster, but he doesn't get credit for this team success, he wouldn't have shed the fat like MU did, and we'd still be capped out with no bench.
                  Don't take my word for it, BC crawled out of his cave for the first time since he quit/got fired, after the Rudy Gay trade to talk shit about MU's intention and how it was a bad trade, IE he would have traded Derozan and/or Ross and RR would still be arguing.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    NBA.com disagrees with you. So do I. Kyrie is 14th in the League in Total assists, and of the 13 people ahead of him, only Lebron has as few Assist opportunities as Kyrie. Couple that with his 33.7% Assist Rate, and that tells me he's looking to pass it, he just doesn't have anybody worth passing to.

I'm not discounting that Kyrie can pass because I do think he is an elite talent in that regard. But he doesn't make his teammates better with it. He dribbles around trying to get his, then when he doesn't get anywhere because team's plan their defense around him, he dumps it to a teammate, who can score. But most of the time he jacks up a bad shot.

Waiters looked really good in running the side PnR and looked to hit the pick man actively first, then looked to score. A small difference with a big impact

But the accountability is still the biggest problem in Cleveland.

Comment

It's just not a good culture in Cleveland right now. I'm not saying it's this level bad, but who do you blame for the bobcats lack of success every other year? The coaches who sucked? The GM who made some shit decisions? The players who never really developed their game?

Cleveland needs some shakeup in their front office and bench, but they need to target who they want, get them, and hand them the keys. You need someone who can say with certainty "I'm going to be here for at least two or three years, the front office is behind me, this is the gameplan, this is how we'll win, this is how you'll be better ball players".

There isn't really any terrible eggs- This isn't the McGee-Young-Blatche-Arenas wizards. If waiters is in a system that maximizes everyone's talent and keeps everyone accountable, he'll settle down. Kyrie is just young and hasn't really had stability, so he tries to have his talent take over. This is a fixable team, and it wouldn't even take that long.
                      @Boymusic66

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        It's funny a lot ppl on this forum were wishing that we were like the Cavs. Before the season started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        You clearly weren't paying attention to the other side of the discussion or you're trolling right now.

Cleveland/grant did it right. The problem was execution. He made poor choices. As someone else already pointed out, imagine: Irving, oladipo, Barnes, and JV as your core right now.

No matter how you field a contender if you make bad decisions you're going to fail.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          If you dont see how Fields and a mid to late first rounder isn't worth Jarrett Jack we can't be friends anymore
                          Yeah he's not worth a first rounder. If the raps are trading a first, I would hope they would at least get a starter out of it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            You clearly weren't paying attention to the other side of the discussion or you're trolling right now.

Cleveland/grant did it right. The problem was execution. He made poor choices. As someone else already pointed out, imagine: Irving, oladipo, Barnes, and JV as your core right now.

No matter how you field a contender if you make bad decisions you're going to fail.
                            Execution for the new guy before the deadline will be interesting, as they still might not be in bad a place as ppl are suggesting.
                            With the amount of young talent they have, plus the contracts of varajeo, jack, Deng, they could conceivably turn it around on a dime if they trade for the right personnel to put around Uncle Drew.

Maybe not in time to save this season, but they aren't headed back to cellar just yet

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              BC, is shining his shoes and starching up his collars for the job interview
                              You may be on to something...

Comment

Working...
                              X