Game # 50- Toronto Raptors @ Los Angeles Clippers- 10:30 PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Atlanta has crazy outside shooters (Korver/Williams/Teague). I'm really worried about them. With Horford down it helps but Millsap is a very under rated player - although I'm not sure he plays inside the paint too much.

The Raptors seem to do well against Washington. But yeah Nene/Gortat is not going to be easy. And if Beal gets hot it will be really hard for the Raptors.

Even if they get the 3rd seed, there is no guarantee they make it out the first round. Right now they are positioned to play Washington in the first round too.
    Exactly! I couldn't agree more. I'm glad to know we're on the same page because people here think I'm crazy. The playoffs this year can end up just like the year we were 3rd and lost to New Jersey who were sixth. And that's if we even make it in as the 3rd seed. With the way we're playing as of late it doesn't seem likely. I really don't think the Raptors are going to win as much as people think during this "easy" second half of the season. They are most likely going to choke like they normally do. It's like they hear playoffs and they get scared and start playing like shit just so they don't make it. And all us optimistic fans make excuse after excuse for them until the season is over they're out of the playoffs and we all feel dumb for believing in them. Or they make the playoffs and lose in the first round when they should have won. They always find a way to disappoint lol.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
      Some of you people need to relax, jumpin to conclusions and shit all the damn time. This was a tough game, end of a 5 game trip and the players looked visibly tired, especially Jonas.

Also Ross deciding to smoke a bowl right before the game probably wasn't a good idea. Raptors lost? alright, on to the next one

He often does, and the speed of the clippers bigs probably made it look even worse. I really hope he gets some serious conditioning in over the summer. Putting on that weight didn't seem to work out too well for him. I think as long as he can get his body right, that will create some obvious improvement immediately.

Ross has Conjunctivitis btw.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Exactly! I couldn't agree more. I'm glad to know we're on the same page because people here think I'm crazy. The playoffs this year can end up just like the year we were 3rd and lost to New Jersey who were sixth. And that's if we even make it in as the 3rd seed. With the way we're playing as of late it doesn't seem likely. I really don't think the Raptors are going to win as much as people think during this "easy" second half of the season. They are most likely going to choke like they normally do. It's like they hear playoffs and they get scared and start playing like shit just so they don't make it. And all us optimistic fans make excuse after excuse for them until the season is over they're out of the playoffs and we all feel dumb for believing in them. Or they make the playoffs and lose in the first round when they should have won. They always find a way to disappoint lol.
        Dammit I keep accidentally liking posts instead of quoting them.

No one thinks you're crazy because of your view on the team. People think you're crazy because you go through wild mood swings in every game thread.

The fact of the matter is that we're a young, slightly better than average team. I really wish Matt and Jack would pipe down with the "3rd in the East"/"top of the Atlantic" talk because all it does is give people an unrealistic view of how good we really are.

Take a look at the age of the starting Cs in the league. It's basically Drummond, Val, and then everyone else is three or four years older at least. We are going to have trouble in the playoffs. If we surprise to the upside, great, but there's no point in getting despondent after losses like this. Enjoy the wins, and when we lose hopefully enjoy the development of the sophs.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Dammit I keep accidentally liking posts instead of quoting them.

No one thinks you're crazy because of your view on the team. People think you're crazy because you go through wild mood swings in every game thread.

The fact of the matter is that we're a young, slightly better than average team. I really wish Matt and Jack would pipe down with the "3rd in the East"/"top of the Atlantic" talk because all it does is give people an unrealistic view of how good we really are.

Take a look at the age of the starting Cs in the league. It's basically Drummond, Val, and then everyone else is three or four years older at least. We are going to have trouble in the playoffs. If we surprise to the upside, great, but there's no point in getting despondent after losses like this. Enjoy the wins, and when we lose hopefully enjoy the development of the sophs.
          LOL I think I generally keep the same stance in every thread. I guess my expectations are too high for this team right now. I really hope that JV and Ross really become better players from their experiences this season because we will need them if we want to keep growing in the right direction.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

LOL I think I generally keep the same stance in every thread. I guess my expectations are too high for this team right now. I really hope that JV and Ross really become better players from their experiences this season because we will need them if we want to keep growing in the right direction.
            Just watched Casey's post match press conference, and half expected him to slam the team...but he offered a very balanced and IMO accurate description of where the raptors are at right now, I suggest you have a look.
            First part is mostly talking about how they got dominated in the paint and other things from the game but the second part at around 4:00 focuses on where the raptors are at right now with their young players learning on the fly and they're still very much a developing team etc.
            If you expect any more than this you are in for an extremely bad time, and members of this forum are in for many more doomsday posts

Last edited by BigCamB; Sat Feb 8, 2014, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Bench reaction game strong. They go crazy.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

It's like a form of self-sabotage.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  Just watched Casey's post match press conference, and half expected him to slam the team...but he offered a very balanced and IMO accurate description of where the raptors are at right now, I suggest you have a look.
                  First part is mostly talking about how they got dominated in the paint and other things from the game but the second part at around 4:00 focuses on where the raptors are at right now with their young players learning on the fly and they're still very much a developing team etc.
                  If you expect any more than this you are in for an extremely bad time, and members of this forum are in for many more doomsday posts

Thanks for this. He makes some good points.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    Naw, wild mood swings within games, with zero patience. A game is 48 minutes, not 12/24/36. Wild mood swings between games. It's an 82 game marathon, not a series of 1-5 game sprints. It's the NBA: great teams lose to poor teams (OKC to Magic yesterday as 1 example), so young developing teams, worn out at the end of a tough road trip, lose to contenders.

Not sure why I'm responding here. I've tried to help ease your pain several times, and like you respond to others as well, you admit you're over reacting, then the next hour the angst meter is blowing up again. Are you suffering from some permanent PMS like condition? (trying to lighten it up with humour there, but seriously).

Comment

• salmon wrote: View Post
                      Naw, wild mood swings within games, with zero patience. A game is 48 minutes, not 12/24/36. Wild mood swings between games. It's an 82 game marathon, not a series of 1-5 game sprints. It's the NBA: great teams lose to poor teams (OKC to Magic yesterday as 1 example), so young developing teams, worn out at the end of a tough road trip, lose to contenders.

Not sure why I'm responding here. I've tried to help ease your pain several times, and like you respond to others as well, you admit you're over reacting, then the next hour the angst meter is blowing up again. Are you suffering from some permanent PMS like condition? (trying to lighten it up with humour there, but seriously).
                      LOL no I'm not. I just get too into the games. After every game I calm down but during it I get heated. I'm truly going to try my best not to be as crazy during the games lol. Now whether it actually works out is the real question

Comment

LOL no I'm not. I just get too into the games. After every game I calm down but during it I get heated. I'm truly going to try my best not to be as crazy during the games lol. Now whether it actually works out is the real question
                        We'll sedate you.
                        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                          We'll sedate you.
                          LOL alright

Comment

Working...
                          X