Raps need to shake their starting lineup a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Man what the hell has happened to Amir? Dude has been absolute garbage lately.
    Per Ryan Wolstat: "(Amir Johnson said after the game he’s hurt and playing through it but it’s definitely impacting his game)"

Comment

We have ridiculous depth at PF right now so Amir should just sit and heal up. Hansbrough and 2Pat can man the fort while he's gone.

Comment

I'd like to see Patterson start. Wouldn't hurt to try and if Casey staggers his rotations the bench unit should still be effective.

Comment

I would like to see Patrick Patterson rewarded for his good consistent play by getting the start while Amir rests up.

I also think Tyler H needs to get in the game sooner. I think shorter/quicker rotations from our bigs would help this team a lot.

Comment

What personal issues?
            I'm assuming if course. This was a little over 2 years ago. Again an assumption:
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Man what the hell has happened to Amir?
              Here is an article on the subject. It turns out that he has an ankle bone bruise, just like Hansbrough did. He needs to let it rest or it could become worse; a bone bruise is one step short of a fracture.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/08...laying-in-pain

<“Just certain movements on the floor,” he said. “I feel like I can make a move and then I can’t just because I’m babying it. Just little stuff like being able to box out a defender and go grab the ball and do other stuff. That nagging pain is just bothering me.”>

<“Absolutely,” he said. “I want to be, but there are just some plays I really can’t get to the ball or make a play because my ankle just holds me back. I usually play through this.”>

Last edited by caccia; Sun Feb 9, 2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I love Amir's character. He plays when injured. He's the anti-Carter.. the anti-Bosh. He's the opposite of soft. The problem is that when he's playing hurt (and this isn't the first time he's been playing hurt in his career) he's a detriment to the team. Unfortunately with JV still developing Amir has to be the top guy on defense. And when he's hurt the front court is just so much weaker and the team has to play so much harder to try and win.

Casey needs to bench Amir and look at Tyler (preferably) or Patrick to fill in for him. Give him until after the all-star break and then re access.

Comment

Working...
                X