Game #51: New Orleans Pelicans 101 -Toronto Raptors 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmon wrote: View Post
    I don't know either. All i know is that as the big picture goes, he has improved dramatically since last year, and that he's been a huge part of the team's turnaround, all over the floor. There's no doubt that he should improve more, but there's also no reason to expect that he won't. And he's still just 24, only 1.5 years older than Ross btw. Criticism is one thing, over-reaction to a bad game is another, obsession with debasing him at every opportunity is illness, imo, and something I see in comments.
    Agree with the bolded sections. Disagree with the underlined. As has long been debated, player development after a certain # of seasons is rare, not to be expected. Not sure his defence has impacted the team's improvement.

To the final line, what over-reactions are you referring to? I saw multiple comments in this game thread referring to mistakes (shot selection for example) made by Demar in the game, but it's not like anyone was saying we need to cut or trade him because of it. I also don't see any obsessive behaviour that would warrant throwing "mental illness" into the equation. The largest post related to Demar's game that you seem to have issue with (other thread) was posted prior to the game and wasn't a direct result of any game; therefore the over-reaction to a bad game angle doesn't apply.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• That was a terrible game for DeRo last night, one of his worst on the season IMO. He was dreadful on both ends of the floor, but it was not a typical game from DeRo as some are suggesting. His shot selection was very bad (and much worse than usual) and it was only the free throws that saved him. He didn't play to his strengths and that hurt the team. He made it too easy on the D, and that's not what an all-star does. C'mon DeRo, I'm backing you up on these forums and you're making me look bad. Pick it up, we need you in top form for ATL! Get in the paint man, I wanna see 15+ FT attempts in the next game, and no more than 5 FGA from 18 feet+. Oh, and move your feet on D bro, Amir ain't there to cover for you!!

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Somewhere on twitter one of the media guys wrote it. I can't remember who. Were are 7th overall for the season but for the last little while we're 19th supposedly. And I'm not shocked because the eye tests shows that that's very accurate. Amir playing hurt is a big part of it though.
        The Raptors, over the past 10 games, are 23rd in the league in DRTG, and 7th in ORTG. Quite the opposite of the defensive team we saw from mid December to mid January.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          The Raptors, over the past 10 games, are 23rd in the league in DRTG, and 7th in ORTG. Quite the opposite of the defensive team we saw from mid December to mid January.
          Exactly. So I don't know why people are getting at me when I say our defense has fallen off considerably and we will struggle to beat the Washingtons, Chicagos, and Atlanta's of the world playing like that. We almost lost to New Orleans y'all. Also we lost to Sac and we were struggling with Utah for a good part of that game. With Amir out the defense just becomes worse. It's good to see that our offense has improved though.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• They are really doing a good job with this 'rebrand' of the Pelican:

Comment

• thats hilarious lol

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                They are really doing a good job with this 'rebrand' of the Pelican:

Reverse MJ surgery

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  Taking long twos is one thing...but that shot selection tonight was disastrous. It was selfish play. This kind of play is something I would always react harshly to, no matter who it was.
                  I think DeMar thought he had to take the team on his shoulders, that's all. In that game, he couldn't. I don't believe it was a case of playing hero ball or anything else, but there weren't a lot of shots going in. And then he was left with four bench players for a long stretch. That should never happen because he will feel forced to wear the mantle or primary scorer.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    They are really doing a good job with this 'rebrand' of the Pelican:

Is that fur?
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Exactly. So I don't know why people are getting at me when I say our defense has fallen off considerably and we will struggle to beat the Washingtons, Chicagos, and Atlanta's of the world playing like that. We almost lost to New Orleans y'all. Also we lost to Sac and we were struggling with Utah for a good part of that game. With Amir out the defense just becomes worse. It's good to see that our offense has improved though.
                      hey mr dooms day, we beat atlanta and washington just fine.

our last 10 games we have now moved up to 11th in DRTG and are 6th in the season overall.

you want to freak out about a drop off in defense? go look at miami, who are 28th in the league for the past 10 games.
                      Last edited by iblastoff; Wed Feb 19, 2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        hey mr dooms day, we beat atlanta and washington just fine.

our last 10 games we have now moved up to 11th in DRTG and are 6th in the season overall.

you want to freak out about a drop off in defense? go look at miami, who are 28th in the league for the past 10 games.
                        Lol you were right. I was completely wrong and they have played really well. You have to give the coaching staff a lot of credit. Raptors have become really good at adjusting their defense. I didn't think we would guard the three well at all against those two teams but we've done an amazing job.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                        X